TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2023- TNEA stands for Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission process which is held annually by Anna University, Tamil Nadu. Students will get admissions in various fields of Engineering Program offered by different Colleges and Institutions of the State on the basis of percentage secured by them in their class 12th Board Exam. Students must satisfy the eligibility criteria before proceeding for the application form. Candidates are suggested to follow the given article completely to check the TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2023 as declared by the admission conducting authority.
Table of Contents
TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2023
Applicants can fill the application form for TNEA through online mode only. No other mode will be entertained by the authorities. Applicants must note that once they’ve submitted the application form, no modification/correction will be permitted after that. Hence application form must be filled carefully. Candidates can check whether they are qualified to apply for the admission or not, through the information given below-
Qualifying Examination Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate should have cleared HSC or its equivalent with a minimum average percentage in PCM group taken together as per the category he/she belongs to( mentioned in the table)
- Candidate should have cleared HSC (Vocational Subjects) with any one of the following Engineering subjects –Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics. However, he/she needs to secure a minimum average percentage as per his/her category (as mentioned in the table given below).
|Backward class ( Backward Muslims included)||45%|
|MBC & DNC||40%|
List of Vocation Course for B.E/B.Tech Admission
- General Machinist
- Electrical Machines & Appliances
- Electronic Equipments
- Draughtsman Civil
- Auto Mechanic
- Textile Technology
- A candidate from Tamil Nadu who has cleared class 8th to 12th from schools located in Tamil Nadu can apply for the admission.
- Candidates who are natives of Tamil Nadu and have passed class 8th to 12th from it or its equivalent examination from schools outside Tamil Nadu are also eligible to apply for the admission.(They’ll need to produce Nativity Proof during verification at TFC)
- Candidates whose parents are working for Central Government can also apply for the admission, given that their parents have been working in Tamil Nadu for the last 5 years are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates whose parents are working in Public Sectors or other government recognized institution from the last 5 years irrespective of their domicile can apply.
- Children of officers of All India Service from Tamil Nadu Cadre are eligible for the admission.
- Candidates who have completed class 8th to 12th from Tamil Nadu irrespective of their domicile can apply for the admission.
Srilankan Tamil Refugees
Tamil Refugees from Srilanka who have studied in Tamil Nadu are eligible for the admission through open competition. They’ll have to produce the necessary certificates during the verification process at Tamil Nadu Facilitation Centre (TFC).
Eligibility for Marine Engineering Branch
- A candidate should have passed class 12th or its equivalent with PCM and English as individual subjects with 60% or above-average marks in PCM.
- Candidate needs to secure at least 50% marks in English in either class 10th or class 12th
- Candidate needs to be medically fit.(Physical Fitness Certificate from a Medical officer authorized by DG of Shipping needs to be produced during verification)
- The maximum age limit to apply for admission is 25 years.
- Candidate must possess a height of at least 157 cms.
- The minimum weight required is 48 Kgs.
- Candidate should possess a normal color vision.