Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU) is rated as one of the best Agricultural Universities in India by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi. It offers a large of UG and PG courses in the field of agricultural science. Those candidates who are looking to apply need to fill and submit the application form in online mode. It is the responsibility of candidates to make sure that they are eligible as per the eligibility norms of the university. In this article, we are going to provide all the necessary details related to the TNAU Admission 2021.
Presently, TNAU offers the following 10 undergraduate courses.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Horticulture
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Forestry
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Food, Nutrition and Dietetics
- B.Tech. (Agricultural Engineering)
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Sericulture
- B.Tech. (Food Technology)
- B.Tech. (Biotechnology)
- B.Tech. (Energy and Environmental Engineering)
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Agri-Business Management
Apart from the UG courses, the following PG course are available at the University.
- M.Tech.: Farm Machinery and Power Engineering, Renewable Energy Engineering, Processing and Food Engineering, Food Process Engineering, Soil and Water Conservation Engineering, Food Science and Technology, Food Safety and Quality
- M.Sc.: Agricultural Economics, Entomology, Agricultural Extension and Communication, Microbiology, Agronomy, Plant Physiology, Genetics & Plant Breeding, Nematology, Plant Pathology, Seed Science and Technology, Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry, Geoinformatics, Biotechnology, Environmental Science, Sericulture, Agrometeorology, Nano Science & Technology, Statistics, Forest Biology and Tree Improvement, Silviculture and Agroforestry, Food Science and Nutrition.
- M.Phil + Ph.D: Agricultural Economics, Entomology, Agricultural Extension and Communication, Microbiology, Agronomy, Plant Physiology, Genetics & Plant Breeding, Nematology, Plant Pathology, Seed Science and Technology, Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry, Biotechnology, Environmental Science, Agri. Business Management, Sericulture, Agrometeorology, Nano Science & Technology, Fruit Science, Vegetable Science, Plantation, Spices, Medicinal and Aromatic Crops, Floriculture and Landscape Architecture, Farm Machinery and Power Engineering, Renewable Energy Engineering, Processing and Food Engineering, Soil and Water Conservation Engineering, Food Process Engineering, Food Science and Technology, Forestry, Food Science and Nutrition
The tentative schedule of TNAU Admission 2021 is explained below.
For UG Admission
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of the online application form submission||2nd week of August 2021|
|Last date to submit online application form||3rd week of September 2021|
|Availability of correction window||3rd week of September 2021|
|Publication of the rank list||Last week of September 2021|
For PG Admission
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online application form||1st week of June 2021|
|Last date to submit the application form||1st week of July 2021|
|TNAU PG Admit card||3rd week of July 2021|
|Entrance Exam||3rd week of July 2021|
|Declaration of result||1st week of August 2021|
|Counselling||2nd week of August 2021|
TNAU Eligibility Criteria 2021
Before filling the application form, candidates must ensure that they meet the eligibility norms as decided by the university. The eligibility criteria for some of the courses are as follows.
B.Sc.(Hons.) Agriculture/ B.Sc.(Hons.) Horticulture/ B.Sc.(Hons.) Forestry/ B.Sc.(Hons.) Food, Nutrition and Dietetics / B.Tech. (Agricultural Engineering)/ B.Sc.(Hons.) Sericulture/ B.Tech. (Food Technology)/ B.Tech. (Biotechnology)/ B.Tech. (Energy and Environmental Engineering)/ B.Sc. (Hons.) Agri-Business Management
- Aspirants must have passed all the subjects in Academic stream of the Qualifying Examination with 10+2 years of schooling under a recognized board.
- Please note that different subject combination is required to admission to different courses.
|Degree||10+2 subject requirements|
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture||Group – I: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology|
Group – II: Physics, Chemistry, Biology with any one of the fourth (elective) subject viz., Biotechnology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Computer Science, and Home Science.
Physics Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology.
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Agri Business Management|
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Food, Nutrition and Dietetics||Group I: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and|
Group II: Physics, Chemistry, Biology with any one of the fourth (elective) viz., Biotechnology,
Microbiology, Biochemistry, Computer Science
and Home Science / Nutrition and Dietetics
Group II (A): Physics, Chemistry, Botany and
|B.Tech (Agricultural Engineering)||Group – I: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology|
Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Computer Science
|B.Tech (Food Technology)|
|B.Tech (Energy and Environmental Engineering)|
- For admission to UG courses, the age of a candidate should be less than 21 years. However, for Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled CasteArunthathiars (SCA) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) there is No age limit.
- The candidate must be a native of Tamil Nadu.
- Apart from this, aspirants who have studied 10th, 11th & 12th Standards in Tamil Nadu will be considered for admission, on producing proof of having studied 10th, 11th & 12th Standards in Schools located at Tamil Nadu.
- Tamil Nadu candidates who have not studied 10th, 11th & 12th standards in Tamil Nadu should produce the Certificate of Permanent Residence in Tamil Nadu in the prescribed proforma issued by the respective authority.
TNAU Admission 2021 Application Form
Those who are looking to apply for the TNAU Admission 2021 need to fill and submit the application form before the last date. The application form will be available in online mode. The application process is completely explained as given below.
- In order to begin the application process, candidates have to register on the official website of the university.
- On the official website, candidates need to provide some of their basic details including name of candidate, Date of birth, Email ID, Aadhaar Number, Mobile Number, etc.
- Once registered, aspirants will receive login credentials on their mobile number, and Email ID.
- Then, aspirants need to fill all the necessary personal, contact, educational details.
- The details in the application form must be accurate. Otherwise, the application form might get rejected.
- Apart from the details, aspirants have to upload the scanned images of their photograph and signature.
- It is also compulsory to pay the necessary application fee along with the application form.
- Candidates must take a printout of the application form submitted and fee receipt.
The application fee is different for the candidates of various categories as given below.
TNAU UG Application Fee
- General/ OBC: Rs. 600/-
- SC/ SA/ ST: 300/-
TNAU PG Application Fee
- General/ OBC: Rs. 1000/-
- SC/ SA/ ST: Rs. 500/-
Mode of payment: The application fee can be paid in online mode using a credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
TNAU Admission 2021 Selection Process
- The selection process is different for UG and PG courses.
- For UG courses, the candidates will be shortlisted based on the marks secured by them in the 10+2 exam.
- The university will conduct the entrance exam in order to shortlist the candidates for admission to PG courses.
- The university will release the admit card for the entrance exam to be conducted.
- In order to download the admit card, candidates have to enter their registration number on the official website.
- Information about the date, time, and venue of the entrance exam will be mentioned on the admit card.
- It is necessary for all the candidates to carry a hard copy of the downloaded admit card and a photo ID proof.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without an admit card.
TNAU Admission 2021 Exam Pattern
The pattern of entrance examination for postgraduate courses are as follows.
- Mode of examination: Offline (OMR Sheet Based Examination)
- Type of questions: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Duration of exam: 90 minutes
- Number of questions: 100
- Maximum marks: 100
- Marking Scheme: Each question will carry 1 mark
|Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum Marks|
|Total||100 questions||100 marks|
Result and Merit List
- The university will release the TNAU result for the PG entrance exam in online mode.
- The entrance exam result will be made available through the official website.
- Apart from the result, the university will also publish the merit list of the candidates selected for admission.
- The merit list of the UG courses will be prepared based on the 10+2 exam. On the other hand, the merit list of the PG courses will be prepared on the basis of entrance exams.
- Those successful candidates who will get their names in the merit list will be invited to the counselling process.
- During the counselling process, candidates have to their choice of colleges in which they want to study.
- It is also compulsory for all candidates to get their documents verified during the counselling process.
- In order to participate in the counselling process, candidates also need to pay the required counselling fees.
Frequently Asked Question
Question – 1: What documents are required to candidates who are looking to get admission into Ph.D. courses?
Answer: The students who are seeking Ph.D. admission must ensure that they have the following documents.
- Mark sheet of Class 10th
- Mark sheet of Class 12th
- Graduation mark sheet (for PG courses)
- Post-Graduation Mark sheets (for PhD courses)
- 2 passport size photograph
- Transfer Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- SC / ST/ OBC/ Certificate (in the name of the candidate)
Question – 2: Will there be an entrance exam for admission to UG courses?
Answer: No, the admission will be provided on the basis of qualifying examination merit.
Question – 3: What if I don’t participate in counselling process? Can I get my application fee back?
Answer: No, the application fee once submitted will not be refunded.
Question – 4: I have passed Higher Secondary Course (HSC) under Vocational stream from other boards/ state. Am I eligible for admission?
Answer: No, the candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Course (HSC) under Vocational stream from other boards/ state are not eligible.