Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU) is going to release its official admission notification for the session 2019 most probably in May 2019. TNAU is a renowned university located at Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. The mode of application will be online and the admission will be offered to numerous undergraduate degree courses in the field of Agriculture.
The university will not conduct any entrance exam, the admission will be granted on the basis of qualifying exam merit list. In this article, we will discuss complete details about TNAU 2019 admission process.
TNAU 2019 Admission Schedule
The official Schedule for TNAU 2019 is given in the table below:
|Serial No.||Important Events||Dates|
|1||Release of Official Notification||May 2019|
|2||Starting of Online Application form submission||May 2019|
|3||Last date to submit online Application form||June 2019|
|4||Document Verification for Special Reservations||June 2019|
|5||Release of Rank List of Admission||June 2019|
|6||Counseling for Ex-servicemen, Decedents of freedom fighter, Sportsman and Differently Able quota||July 2019|
|8||Counseling for vocational stream||July 2019|
|9||Counseling for Industry sponsored and NRI candidates||July 2019|
|10||Second Phase of Online Counseling||July 2019|
|11||Registration of First semester||July 2019|
|12||Closing of Admission Procedure||July 2019|
Courses Available under TNAU 2019
Following Programmes are offered under TNAU 2019 Admission Procedure
|Science Programme||Technology Programme|
|B.Sc (Hons.) Agriculture||B.Tech. (Horticulture)|
|B.Sc (Hons.) Forestry||B.Tech. (Bioinformatics)|
|B.Sc (Hons.) Horticulture||B.Tech. (Biotechnology)|
|B.Sc (Hons.) Sericulture||B.Tech. (Food Technology)|
|B.Sc (Hons.) Food, Nutrition and Dietetics||B.Tech. (Energy and Environmental Engineering)|
|B.Tech. (Agricultural Engineering)||B.Tech (Agricultural Information Technology)|
|B.S. (Agribusiness Management)|
Eligibility Criteria for TNAU 2019
- For admission to any of the total 13 courses, the applicant must have passed 10+2 with relevant science subjects from a recognized board.
- The subjects in the qualifying exam are classified into 3 groups i.e. Group 1, Group 2 and Group 3. Different courses will be offered for a different group of subjects.
Subjects under all 3 groups are given below:
|Group 1||Mathematics, Physics,
Chemistry and Biology
|Group 2||Physics, Biology, Chemistry and a fourth elective subject from Biotechnology, Microbiology, Home Science and Biochemistry|
|Group 3||Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology/computer science|
- The minimum Qualifying Marks criteria of different Categories are as follows:
|General (Open Competition)||At least 55% aggregate marks in four required subjects|
|Backward Class and Backward Class Muslim (BCM)||A minimum of 50% aggregate marks in four required subjects|
|Most Backward Class and Denotified Communities (MBC)||At least 45% aggregate marks in four required subjects|
|Schedule Caste||A pass in all the four required subjects|
|Schedule Tribe||A pass in all the four required subjects|
- The age of a candidate should not be more than 21 years on the 1st July 2019. There is no age limit of SC, SCA and ST candidate.
- Only Candidates from Tamil Nadu will be eligible.
- Applicants who have passed 10th, 11th and 12th class exam from Tamil Nadu will also be eligible.
- In case the candidate have not studied 10th, 11th and 12th class from Tamil Nadu, then Permanent Residence proof of Tamil Nadu will be required.
How to Apply for TNAU 2019?
- The TNAU 2018 Application form will be available online at the official website i.e. https://tnauonline.in/
- First of all, the applicants will be required to register themselves online by providing some basic details such name, email id, phone number etc.
- A unique user id and password will be sent to email id and phone number of the applicant.
- The main application form will be accessible after logging in using the user id and password generated during registration.
- All the mandatory detail along with the prescribed application fee must be submitted before the last date.
- Please take a printout of duly filled application form for future reference.
TNAU 2019 Application Fee
The TNAU 2019 application fees for different categories are as follows
|All Categories except SC, SCA and ST||Rs. 600/-|
|SC, SCA and ST categories||Rs. 300/-|
Mode of Payment
The application fee will be paid by online mode only using debit card, credit card or Internet Banking.
TNAU 2019 Counseling and Selection Procedure
- The candidates will be selected on the basis of qualifying exam merit.
- A rank list will be published by the university after calculating the marks of all the candidates.
- Candidates will be called for TNAU 2018 counseling as per their ranking or merit.
- The counseling letter will be generated after the payment of non-refundable counseling fees of Rs. 2000 (Rs. 1000 for SC/SCA/ST categories)
- The document verification will also be processed at the time of counseling.
- The students have to choose the programme and college during the counselling procedure.
Note: No changes in programme or course will be allowed after counselling.