Thapar University ME/M.Tech Admission 2021: Applications will be invited by Thapar University for admission to ME/M.Tech courses for the academic year 2021-2022. GATE qualify candidates will be preferred for admissions while the vacant seats after that will be allotted to Non-GATE applicants who will have to appear for the University’s entrance test. Aspirants who want to get admission in M.Tech courses at Thapar University must submit the application form before the due date. In this post, we are providing all important details TU M.E/M.Tech admission 2021 such as eligibility criteria, important dates and application process etc.
Table of Contents
Master’s of Engineering
ME CAD/CAM Engineering, ME Civil (Infrastructure) Engineering, ME Structural Engineering, ME Wireless Communications, ME Electronics & Communications Engineering, ME Software Engineering, ME Production Engineering, ME Computer Science & Engineering, ME Electronic Instrumentation & Control Engineering, ME Information Security, ME Power System, ME Thermal Engineering, ME Power Electronics and Drives
Master’s of Technology
- Tech in Biotechnology, Environmental Science & Technology, Metallurgical & Materials Engineering, Energy Technology and Management, Chemical Engineering, VLSI Design, Computer Applications
Eligibility Criteria for Thapar University ME/M.Tech Admission 2021
Admission to ME/M. Tech courses will through valid GATE Scores in respective discipline. Priority will be given to GATE qualified candidates who have obtained at least 60% (55% for SC/ST) marks in the aggregate in the qualifying examination from a recognized University. After giving seats to the GATE qualified candidates, for seats remaining vacant (if any), the admission will be done through following methods:
For ME/M.Tech courses offered by CSED, MED, CED and ECED:
The vacant seats after offering to the GATE qualified applicants will be filled via conducting offline entrance exam. Admission to ME/MTech courses will be open to applicants who secure minimum of 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/Industry sponsored) in the aggregate in the qualifying examination from a recognized University.
In other departments/schools:
The vacant seats will be filled on the basis of merit set by giving 30% weightage to 10+2 marks and 70% weightage to BE/BTech marks. Overall minimum 60% (55% for candidates from SC/ST/Industry sponsored category) in BE/BTech will be needed to be eligible for admission.
Candidates, who have done M.Sc and seeking admission in ME/M.TECH programme, the vacant seats will be filled on the basis of merit determined by giving 50% weightage to BSc marks and 50% weightage to MSc marks. Overall minimum 60% (55% for candidates from SC/ST/Industry sponsored category) in MSc will be mandatory to be eligible for admission.
Only candidates who will score minimum 20% (15% for SC/ST) in the entrance test will only be considered for admission.
TU M.Tech Admission 2021 Application Form: How to apply?
- The interested and eligible candidates can obtain the online application form on university website i.e. www.thapar.edu
- Candidates need to fill online application with their personal, qualification and other details as asked.
- They must take two printouts of the duly filled in form.
- They must attach a recent passport size photograph in the given fields.
- Candidates paying application fee through by DD must send one copy to Thapar University while the other copy will be required during counseling
Applicants should send the printout of the Application form duly signed to
“Incharge Admission Cell’
Thapar University University,
Thapar University M.Tech 2019
Candidates have to pay Rs 1500/ as required application fee online (extra charges applicable) or through demand draft (in favour of Thapar University University and payable at Patiala).
Non GATE applicants whose applications have been successfully received by the University will be able to generate their Admit Card for offline entrance test from the university website. They need to log in to download their Admit Card by entering the registration no and date of birth.
- The duration of entrance test will be 90 minutes.
- There will be negative marking of ¼ marks for each wrong response given by candidates.
- The paper consist of 75 questions in total.
Non GATE candidates who have appeared for the Thapar University entrance test for M.Tech admissions can check their result online through the university website. The counselling and admission for such candidates will be on the basis of their scores obtained in this entrance test.
- Counselling for the GATE qualified students will be organized first.
- Candidates shortlisted on the basis of GATE scores need to attend document verification and a personal interview round.
- Candidates need to pay the particular admission fees after allotment.
- After counselling of GATE qualified candidates, the university will invite candidates who have qualified in the Thapar University entrance exam to fill the vacant seats.
- Applicants should get their documents verified and submit the fees if allotted a seat.
Important Date (tentative)
|Start of ME/M.Tech application form||March 2021|
|End date of application form||June 2021|
|Exam date for non-date candidates||July 2021|
|Date of counseling for GATE||June 2021|
|Result will be announced on||July 2021|
|Date of counseling for non-GATE candidates||July 2021|
|Commencement of classes||July 2021|