Tezpur University Admission 2021: Established in the year 1994, Tezpur University is one of the most popular universities in north-east India. The university offers a large number of Certificate, UG, PG, Diploma, courses in different fields like engineering, management, commerce, science, etc. Those who want to get admission need to fill and submit the application form in online mode. It is expected that the application process will begin in the month of February 2021. All the candidates must ensure that they meet all the required eligibility criteria. In this article, we are going to provide all the necessary details related to the Tezpur University Admission 2021.
Courses Offered Under Tezpur University Admission 2021
The following courses are offered by the Tezpur University.
- Integrated B.Sc. B.Ed. (Major in Physics /Chemistry / Mathematics)
- Integrated M. Sc. in Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Life Science
- Integrated M. A. in English (with a provision of lateral exit after successful completion of 6th semester with B.A degree)
- Integrated M.Com. (with a provision of lateral exit after successful completion of 6th semester with B.Com. degree)
- M. A. in English / Linguistics & Language Technology / Cultural Studies / Sociology / Mass Communication and Journalism / Communication for Development / Hindi /Social Work/ Education/ Assamese
- M.Sc. in Mathematics / Chemistry / Physics / Environmental Science / Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- M.Tech. in Civil Engineering / Computer Science and Engineering / Information Technology / Food Engineering & Technology / Electronics Design & Technology / Bioelectronics / Energy Technology/Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Computer Application (MCA)
- Master of Law (L.L.M)
- Master of Commerce (M.Com.)
- Master of Tourism and Travel Management (MTTM)
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)
- P.G. Diploma in Translation (Hindi) / Women Studies / Child Rights and Governance
- Certificate in Chinese programme
- B.Tech. with lateral Entry in Electrical and Food Engineering and Technology
- B.Tech. in Civil Engineering/ Computer Science & Engineering/ Electronics and Communication Engineering/ Electrical Engineering/ Food
- Engineering & Technology/ Mechanical Engineering
- Integrated M.Sc./ M.A./ M. Com. programme
- Integrated B.Sc. B.Ed. programme
- Ph.D. Programme.
Tezpur University Admission 2021 Important Dates
The tentative dates related to the Tezpur University Admission 2021 are as follows.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of application form submission||Last week of April 2021|
|Last date to submit the application form||2nd week of May 2021|
|Final date for the submission of online application form for B.Tech admission||—|
|Releasing of Admit card||—|
|Date of Examination||—|
|Personal interview for admission to the Ph.D. programme||—|
|List of candidates for PI of Ph.D. programme||—|
|Declaration of result||—|
Tezpur University Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria are different for various courses as mentioned below.
Integrated B.Sc. – B.Ed. (Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics)- Aspirants must have passed 10+2 with 50% marks in science stream.
Integrated B.A – B.Ed.
- Candidates need to score at least 50% marks in 10+2 or equivalent examination.
B.Tech (Electrical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Electronics and Communication Engineering/ Civil Engineering/ Computer Science and Engineering/ Food Processing and Technology)
- Aspiring candidates should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examinations with PCM/PCB as main subjects and English as a compulsory language with 50% marks in aggregate.
- Vocational (Food Processing/ Renewable Energy)
- All the candidates need to secure at least 50% marks in 10+2 with science stream.
- Aspirants must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
Integrated M.Sc. (Physics/ Mathematics)
- All the candidates should have a minimum of 60% marks in PCM with English as one of the main subjects.
Integrated M.Sc. (Bioscience & Bioinformatics)
- Candidates need to have a minimum of 60% aggregate marks with Biology, Chemistry, Physics and/or Mathematics subjects at 10+2 and pass mark in English.
- 45% marks (40% for SC/ST) in Graduation with a minimum of 50% marks in the major subject as well as in English.
MA (Linguistics and Language Technology)
- Aspirants should have completed B. A. with honors in Linguistics/English/any allied subject with a minimum of 45% marks. OR B.A. with a minimum of 50% marks.
MA (Linguistics and Endangered Languages / Mass Communication & Journalism/ Sociology)
- Aspiring candidates need to have a Bachelor’s degree (Major/ Honors) with 45% marks OR 50% marks in case of regular UG degree.
MA (Education/ Communication for Development)
- Candidates with any bachelor’s degree can apply.
MA (Social Work)
- Aspirants need to have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate.
- Candidates with B.Com or any other bachelor’s degree with commerce as the main subject are eligible.
- Applicants must have completed Graduation (Major/ Honors) with 50% marks or 55% marks in the case of a regular UG degree. Apart from this, aspirants must have studied Mathematics at the UG level.
- Candidates should have completed graduation in any field with a minimum of 50% marks.
Tezpur University 2021 Application Form
The authorities will release the application form for Tezpur University Admission 2021 in online mode through the official website. Those who want to apply need to visit the official website in order to access the application form. The complete process of application form submission is explained below.
- To begin the application process, candidates have to register on the official website.
- During the registration process, aspirants will be asked to provide some of their basic details like name, date of birth, phone number, email address, etc.
- Please note that the phone number and email address used during registration must belong to the applicant. Communications will only be sent to the registered phone number or email address.
- Once registered, aspirants may log into their TEZU admission dashboard by providing the credentials generated at the time of registration.
- Then, they need to click on the “New Application” button and select the course.
- In the next step, aspirants have to provide their complete academic, personal, and contact details in the application form in an accurate manner.
- Apart from the details, candidates will be required to upload necessary self-attested documents carefully.
- The documents should be upload in the format as mentioned on the official website.
- It is also compulsory for all the candidates to pay the necessary application fee while submitting the form.
- Aspirants also need to take a print out of the application form submitted. Candidates are required to carry it along with original documents at the time of admission.
The application fee for the candidates of different categories is given below.
- SC/ ST and PwD candidates: Rs. 400/-
- For all other candidates: Rs. 800/-
Mode of payment: The application fee can be paid online using a credit card, debit card, or internet banking. Please note that the fee will not be accepted by cash or cheque.
Tezpur University Admission 2021 Selection Process
The selection process followed by the Tezpur University is different for admission into various courses. Given below is the selection process for some of the courses offered by the university.
- B.Tech. (Electrical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Electronics and Communication Engineering/ Civil Engineering/ Computer Science and Engineering/ Food Processing and Technology) – On the basis of JEE main score followed by Centralized counselling.
- MCA: On the basis of Tezpur University Entrance exam.
- MBA: Based on the score in CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ ATMA/ GMAT/ CMAT followed by an interview.
- M.Tech: On the basis of Tezpur University Entrance Exam or GATE score.
- Integrated (B.Sc-B.Ed)/ Integrated (BA-B.Ed)/ B.Vov/ B.Ed: The admission to these courses will be provided based on an Online Entrance Test conducted by Tezpur University.
- M.Sc. (Physics/ Nanoscience and Technology/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Environmental Science/ Molecular Biology and Biotechnology): The admission will be provided on the basis of Tezpur University online entrance exam.
- Integrated M.Sc. (Physics/ Mathematics/ Bioscience & Bioinformatics): Authorities will provide admission based on the Tezpur University online entrance test.
- MA (English, Linguistics and Language Technology, Linguistics and Endangered Languages, Mass Communication & Journalism, Sociology, Hindi, Social Work, Education, Communication for Development, Cultural Studies): Admission to all these courses will be provided on the basis of an entrance test.
- MA (Integrated)/ M.Com/ M.Com (Integrated)/ Master of Tourism & Travel Management (MTTM): On the basis of an entrance exam to be conducted by the university.
TUEE 2021 Admit Card
- The admit card for the Tezpur university entrance exam will release in online mode only.
- In order to download the admit card, candidates have to provide their details on the official website.
- All the necessary details related to the date, time and venue of the examination will be mentioned on the admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without an entrance exam.
- It is advised to keep a copy of the admit card safe even after the exam as it might be required at the time of the admission.
TUEE 2021 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for Tezpur University Entrance Exam 2021 i.e. TUEE 2021 is given below.
- Mode of examination: Online (Computer Based Test)
- Type of questions: Objective type multiple choice questions. (some entrance exams will have subjective questions as well)
- Duration of the exam: 90
- Number of questions: 100
- Number of sections in the exam: 4 (Section I, II, III, IV)
- Marking Scheme: Each question will carry 1 mark.
- Negative Marking: 0.25 mark will be deducted in case of an incorrect answer.
TUEE 2021 Result
- The answer keys for the Tezpur University entrance exam will be made available in online mood soon after the examination.
- After the release of answer keys, the university will update the result through the official website.
- In order to check the result, aspirants have to provide their roll number and other registration details.
- Apart from the result, the university will also release the merit list of the candidates selected for admission.
- In case of a tie, candidates having a less number of wrong answers will get a better merit position.
- If the tie still continues then marks in the section IV will be considered.
- Those candidates who will get their names in the merit list will be invited to take part in the counselling process.
- During the counselling process, candidates will be asked to select their course and college.
- The admission will be provided based on the merit list and choice filled by the candidates in the counselling process.
- In order to confirm the admission, candidates have to get their documents verified.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: In which mode the application form for Tezpur University Admission 2021 will release?
Answer: The application form will release in online mode only.
Question – 2: In case I am not selected for admission. Will I get my application fee back?
Answer: No, the application fee once submitted will not be refunded.
Question – 3: What will be the duration of Tezpur University Entrance Exam 2021?
Answer: The duration of the examination will be 90 minutes.
Question – 4: Will I receive the admit card by post after submitting the application form online?
Answer: No, the admit card will not be sent by post after submitting the online application form.