To further promote the Digital India initiative, Ministry of HRD (Government of India) has launched Study Webs of Active-learning for Young Aspiring Minds (SWAYAM). The aim of this initiativente is to facilitate the hosting of all the courses taught in classrooms from 9th class to post-graduation level at an online platform. Anybody who wants to learn can register on SWAYAM and choose a course of his/her choice. Currently, there are more than 247 courses hosted on this platform. Here, in this article, aspiring candidates can find the most important details regarding the SWAYAM scheme.
Table of Contents
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) on the SWAYAM platform are developed by the following authorities – NPTEL, UGC, CEC, IGNOU, NCERT, and NIOS.
- A large number of courses are available for the students from class 9th to post-graduate level.
- After completing the course, the candidates have to clear an assessment exam in order to get the certificate.
- To register for any of the available courses, candidates need to apply through the SWAYAM portal website.
- All the courses on this portal are free without any tuition fees. However, you need to pay the examination fee after completing the course.
SWAYAM Eligibility Criteria
Given below are the important things that a candidate must know about the eligibility criteria of SWAYAM.
- The SWAYAM platform is for everyone. Here, you can find the courses for a class 9th passed candidate to post-graduate level candidates.
- Eligibility criteria solely depend upon the course for which the candidate is applying.
- There are no eligibility criteria to create an account on the SWAYAM portal.
SWAYAM Application Form
The registration process of SWAYAM will take place on the official portal i.e. www.swayam.gov.in. Here are the complete details regarding SWAYAM application process.
- To begin the application process, candidates need to register and create a learner’s account by entering their name and email ID.
- The system will verify the email ID provided by sending a verification email.
- After registration, a username and password will get generated for the candidate.
- Next, the aspirants have to log in and fill the rest of the details in the application form.
- Please note that candidates have to fill the examination form separately apart from a creating learner’s account on the portal.
- It is not possible to register on the SWAYAM portal in offline mode.
Also read- ARPIT
Technical Requirement for SWAYAM MOOCs
As stated earlier, SWAYAM is an online portal where you can take classes for various courses. To take these online classes, candidates must make sure that they have a device fulfilling the following technical requirements.
- Learners must ensure that they have a strong and uninterrupted internet connection. In case of poor internet connectivity, video lectures may pause and get interrupted.
- The latest flash player should be installed on a candidate’s computer.
- The device should have any of the following operating systems – Mac iOS, Microsoft Windows, Android, Linux.
- The following web browsers are supported – Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera.
- Also, ensure that Port 1935 RTMP or Port 80 is open.
SWAYAM Test by NTA
- After the completion of course, NTA will conduct SWAYAM-MOOCs test for providing the certificates.
- The SWAYAM exams are conducted online using a Computer-Based Testing (CBT) methodology.
- Certificates are awarded only to those students who score more than qualifying marks.
SWAYAM MOOCs Test Result
- After the examination, the students will be able to check their results in online mode.
- To open their result, candidates have to provide their email ID, date of birth or mobile number.
- The information about marks secured by the candidates will be available on the result card.
- The certificates are released only if the candidate scores more than qualifying marks i.e. 40% marks.
- Please note that certificates are offered by the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Is it possible for a student to send a personal message to the teacher in case of any doubt through the SWAYAM portal?
Answer: Yes, the option to send personal messages to the faculty on the Course-page is available after the candidate enrolls.
Question – 2: Will I get the notification when a new post is added?
Answer: Yes, you will get an email notification for the same. That’s why it is suggested to keep your email ID active through the duration of course.
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here