Table of Contents
Name of the Institute/University
Swami Parmanand College of Engineering and Technology, Chandigarh
|Type of Institute||Private engineering institute|
Engineering and Technology Courses in several disciplines
|Campus Location||Mohali (Chandigarh), Punjab|
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Affiliated to Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar(PTU)
About Swami Parmanand College of Engineering and Technology, Chandigarh
Swami Parmanand College of Engineering & Technology has been established in 2004 with an aim to offer various engineering courses of bachelor level (B.Tech) and management course at the masters level (MBA). The SPCET is the institute which has been set up under the authority of the Swami Parmanand Group of Colleges. The institute was founded in in 2004. Candidates, who want to apply for admission in the engineering courses and the management courses, they can apply for admission in the SPCET.
The SPGC campus is spread on a land of 47 acres in the milieu of the Shiwalik Hills. The institute has a calm and lush green, pollution free and eco-friendly environment.The institute is spread actually in an area of more than 4.1 lac square feet. Swami Parmanand College of Engineering & Technology (SPCET) is located on the Chandigarh-New Delhi National Highway. It is at a distance of 6 km from Lalru and is well connected with Chandigarh and Ambala city. The institute is well connected to the road, rail and air transport.
Courses Offered by SPCET
Swami Parmanand College of Engineering & Technology offers various engineering courses in the different disciplines. The engineering and management courses have been enlisted in the following table with the total intake:
Name of the Engineering/Management Course
|Duration of the course||Intake|
|1.||B.Tech (Electrical & Electronics Engineering)||4 Years||60|
|2.||B.Tech (Computer Science &Engineering)||4 Years||120|
|3.||B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering)||4 Years||120|
B.Tech (Electronics & Communication Engineering)
|5.||B.Tech (Civil Engineering)||4 Years||60|
Eligibility Criteria for admission into the SPCET
Admission Criteria for B.Tech
- Candidates must have passed their 10+2 from a recognised board/council/university.
- Candidates must have studied Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and either one out of Chemistry, Computer Science, Biotechnology or Biology as optional subjects.
- Moreover, they have obtained minimum 45% marks at the higher secondary level.
- Candidates of the reserved category (SC/ST/OBC)will be eligible to apply for admission with minimum 40% marks.
- For admission through lateral entry in the second year of the bachelor level engineering course, the aspirant must possess a Diploma in any disciple with minimum 40% marks or they must have passed BSc. with minimum 45 % marks.
For Admission in Management Courses
- Candidates will be offered the admission into the Management Courses on the basis of the marks obtained by them in the Combined Management Aptitude Test (CMAT).
- Moreover, the candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised institute/university.
Fee Structure of SPCET
Candidates can visit the official website of the institute to get the updated fee structure of the engineering and management courses offered by the Institute. The official website of the institute is
Facilities in SPCET
- Large campus
- Accomplished and knowledgeable faculty
- Loan facility
- Wi-Fi campus with fast and 24×7 internet connectivity
- Library with the stock of thousands of books
- Department-wise Labs and training rooms equipped with latest technical gadgets and equipment
- Auditorium cum Seminar Hall
- Canteen and Cafeteria
The Training & Placement Cell of the institute has been set up to works meticulously for the whole development and placement of students. Candidates are offered the pre-placement training so that they can get placed in the national and multinational companies. Development classes, group discussions, guest lectures by eminent speakers, personality grooming sessions, and technical and non-technical workshops are organised in the institute to build the personality of the candidates.
SPCET Contacts Details
|Address||Swami Parmanand College of Engineering and Technology, Chandigarh
Distt. Mohali (Chandigarh)
Lalru, Punjab – 140507