The candidates aspiring for admission to M.Tech course at SRM University needs to appear for the SRM Graduate Engineering Entrance Test 2024 or SRMGEET 2024 exam. It is a university level exam which will be conducted at around 20 centers across India. It is expected that this exam will be conducted in the last week of May 2024 and application form will be available in the month of December 2023.
The candidates aspiring to appear for the SRMGEET 2024 exam can find all the necessary details such as exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility criteria, application form etc. from this article.
Table of Contents
Important Dates for SRMGEET 2024
The tentative Dates for SRMGEET 2024 are mentioned in the table given below. The exact dates will be updated on this post after the release of official notification.
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of application form submission||December 2023|
|Last date to submit application form||May 2024|
|Date of Entrance exam||May 2024|
|Announcement of Result and Counselling||June 2024|
SRMGEET 2024 Eligibility Criteria
The candidate needs to fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below in order to appear for the SRMGEET 2024 exam.
For M.Tech (Automotive Hybrid Systems Engineering)
- The candidate should have a B.E or B.Tech degree in any of the following disciplines with at least 50% marks Mechanical / Automobile/ Aeronautical / Mechatronics/ Production / Electrical / ECE / EEE / Electronics / Instrumentation & Control Engineering.
For M.Tech (Big Data Analytics)
- The applicant must have a B.E/ B.Tech degree in CSE or IT with 50% marks.
- MCA or M.Sc (CSE/ IT) candidates with 50% marks can also apply.
For M.Tech (Chemical Engineering)
- The candidates must possess a B.E or B.Tech degree in Chemical Engineering / Electrochemical Engineering / Petrochemical Engineering with 50% marks.
For M.Tech (Computer Science & Engineering)
- The applicant must have a B.Tech or B.E degree with 50% marks in any of the CSE / IT / SWE / ECE / EEE / EIE discipline.
- MCA, M.Sc (CS/ CST/ IT/ SW) candidates with 50% marks can also apply.
For M.Tech (Electronics & Control Engineering)
- The candidates must have at least 50% marks in B.Tech/ B.E in any of the ECE / ICE / EEE / EIE disciplines.
SRMGEET Application Form 2024
The application form for SRMGEET 2024 or SRMJEE (PG) will be available online through the official website. The candidates have to visit official website i.e. https://applications.srmuniv.ac.in/ and fill all their educational and personal details in the application form. After entering the details in the application form, the candidates have to pay the application fee. The application fee can be paid either via online method or through a demand draft. The application will be processed only after the receipt of Demand Draft.
The application fee of SRMGEET 2024 will be Rs. 1100/- for online payment and Rs. 1160/- for offline payment.
Mode of Payment
- The application fee can be paid via online payment gateways using a debit card, credit card or net banking.
- The candidates can also pay the application fee via demand draft. The applicants have to write their name and address on the back side of DD and send it to the following address:
The Directorate of Admissions,
SRM Institute of Science and Technology (formerly known as SRM University), Kattankulathur,
Tamil Nadu 603203.
SRMGEET 2024 Exam Pattern
The pattern for SRMGEET 2024 will be as follows:
- Mode of Exam: Online
- Language of Questions: English only
- Duration of Exam: 2 hours and 30 Minutes
- Type of Questions: Objective type multiple choice questions will be asked
- Marking Pattern: 3 Marks will be awarded for a correct answer
- Negative Marking: 1 Mark will be deducted for an incorrect answer.
- No. of Questions: 100 Questions (10 questions will be asked from Mathematics for every paper code except for Bio-Tech and Food Processing)
SRMGEET Syllabus 2024
The syllabus for SRMGEET 2024 exam will depend upon the discipline or branch from which the candidate is looking to do M.Tech. The important topics for the different branch are as follows:
Civil (Code 01): Mathematics, Mechanics of Solids and Structural Analysis, Concrete and Steel Structure, Soil Mechanics and Geo-Technical Engineering, Fluid Mechanics and Water Resources, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Transportation Engineering etc.
Mechanical (Code 02): Mathematics, Material Science and Metallurgy, Mechanics and Machine Design, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, Thermodynamics, Casting, metal forming and metal joining processes, Strength of Materials, Automotive Transmission, Engineering Materials, Processing of Plastics and Computer Aided Manufacturing etc.
Electrical (Code 03): Mathematics, Networks, Electronic Circuits, Digital, Microprocessor, Control System, Electromagnetic, Electrical Machines, Power Electronics and Solid State Drives & Control and Power System etc.
Electronics (Code 04): Mathematics, Networks, Devices, Electronic Circuits, Digital, Microprocessor, Control System, Signals and Systems, Communications (analog), Communications (Digitals), Electromagnetic.
Computer Science (Code 06): Mathematics, Discrete Mathematical Structures, Micro Processor and Hardware Systems, Computer Organization and Architecture, Programming Methodology & Software Engineering etc.
How to Prepare for SRMGEET 2024?
Here are some tips and tricks that candidates may follow in order to clear the SRMGEET 2024 exam:
- The first thing you need to do is to make a well-structured study plan or timetable for your studies. Try and follow the timetable as strictly as possible.
- As the exam is going to be technical in nature make sure you have brushed your basic concepts rather than depending upon the rote learning.
- 10 Questions from Mathematics will be common for all the branches so make sure you prepare graduation level mathematics along with your branch specialization.
- Make short notes for all the formulas and shortcut tricks, this will help you revise the syllabus in a better way.
- Solve last year sample papers and mock tests to improve your time management.
SRMGEET Admit Card 2024
After the slot booking, the admit card for SRMGEET 2024 exam will be made available for downloading. All the details regarding the exam such as date, venue and timing will be mentioned on the admit card. The candidate should contact the university immediately in case of any discrepancy with the admit card. No candidate will be allowed to appear for the exam without a valid admit card.
SRMGEET Result 2024
The result of SRMGEET 2024 exam will be announced on the official website of the SRM University. In addition to the result of all the candidates, the merit list of selected candidates will also be updated on the official website. A separate merit list will be published for each discipline.
SRMGEET 2024 Counselling
After the declaration of result, the selected candidates will be invited for SRMGEET 2024 counselling on the basis of merit. The candidates have to select their specialization and campus at the time of counselling. It will be mandatory for every candidate to get his/her documents verified at the time of counseling. Upon selection, the university will release the Provisional Allotment Letter (PAL) to the selected candidates.
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here