Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University saw its inception in the year 1955 that strived to alleviate the Veterinary science, Dairy technology and Fishery science in the state of Andhra Pradesh. The University has its three constituent colleges at Rajendranagar, Baptala and Gannavaram that further strengthened the veterinary services. The University was formed by segregating the Faculty of Veterinary Science, Fishery Science and Dairy Science with Acharya N. G. Ranga Agriculture University.
Courses Offered By Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University
The University offers 4 courses at Doctorate, Under-graduate, Post-graduate and Diploma level.
Doctorate Programs at Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University
|1||Livestock Production Management|
|2||Livestock Products Technology|
|3||Animal Genetics & Breeding|
|7||Veterinary & Animal Husbandry Extension Education|
|9||Veterinary Gynecology & Obstetrics|
|16||Veterinary Pharmacology & Toxicology|
|17||Veterinary Surgery & Radiology|
|18||Veterinary Public Health & Epidemiology|
Candidates must have completed their masters either in M.Sc or M.F.Sc and should have possessed a degree from a recognized university.
Post Graduate Programs at Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University
M.Sc can be done in following disciplines
- Poultry Science
- Veterinary Anatomy
- Livestock Production Management
- Animal Genetics & Breeding
- Animal Nutrition
- Livestock Products Technology
- Veterinary & Animal Husbandry Extension Education
- Veterinary Pathology
- Veterinary Bio-Technology
- Veterinary Parasitology
- Veterinary Pharmacology & Toxicology
- Veterinary Gynecology & Obstetrics
- Veterinary Medicine
- Veterinary Biochemistry
- Veterinary Physiology
- Veterinary Public Health & Epidemiology
- Veterinary Microbiology
- Veterinary Surgery & Radiology
- F. Sc can be done in following disciplines:-
- Aquatic Animal Health Management
- Fish Processing Technology
- Aquatic Environment Management
- Fishery Resource Management
- Candidate must have scored OGPA of 6.00-10.00 for general category and between 5.00-10.00 for SC/ST/PH or 60% marks in Traditional systems. Only candidates of AP are eligible except the case of ICAR quota.
- For M.F.Sc admission, students are selected on the basis of academic record for B.F.Sc -30%, Intermediate marks- 10+2- 10%, 10th class-5%, performance entrance test- 5% and curricular activities will be considered-5%.
- Entrance exam comprises multiple choice questions. Only students scoring 40% marks or more are eligible for admission.
Under Graduate Programs
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry
(B.V.Sc & A.H)
- Tech (Dairy Technology)
- Bachelor of Fishery Science (B.F.Sc)
- Candidates must have completed 10+2 from Andhra Pradesh board and should have attained 50% marks in BPC streams
- A candidate must have qualified EAMCET or any other National Level Talent Test
- Diploma in Animal Husbandry
- Diploma in Fishery
Students who have completed 10th class or are SSC equivalent are eligible for admission in the exam.
Facilities and Amenities
The University is established over a massive area of land and comprises various blocks of buildings as in administrative block; academic block and hostel facilities are also being incorporated to dole out comfortable learning ambience to students here for holistic development. The infrastructure of college is sound and assures pleasing stay to staff, faculty and students.
Other agriculture universities in India