Sri Konda Laxman Telangana State Horticultural University, Hyderabad


Sri Konda Laxman Telangana State Horticultural University saw its inception in the year 23rd December 2014 and has earned its name after, Sri Konda Laxman Bapu ji who was veteran freedom fighter. The university was established to give the boost to Horticulture as Telangana is the 3rd largest producer of vegetables and fruits in India and Horticulture form the only source of income here. The University runs on land grant patterns of USA with a mandate on Education, Research and Extension of Horticulture domain. Post bifurcation, the university has two horticulture colleges and two polytechnic institutes.

Courses offered by Sri Konda Laxman Telangana State Horticultural University

The University offers various undergraduate, post-graduate and diploma courses in the university. For students applying for B.Sc in Horticulture ought to undergo three years course and for students applying for post graduate education in Horticulture and must have completed their graduation afore applying for the course. Diploma courses are also offered to students. But students applying for any of the course have to primarily undergo the entrance exam afore enrolling with the university.

Get agricultural,Exam Updates through e-mail, by entering your details below.

Undergraduate Course at Sri Konda Laxman Telangana State Horticultural University

  • A pass in the diploma course from SKLTSHU or YSRHU
  • Admission is done on the basis of the merit basis of HORTICET.

Duration of the course- 4 years

No. of Seats- 18

Diploma Course at Sri Konda Laxman Telangana State Horticultural University

  • Candidate must have completed their higher secondary education or SSC equivalent. The selection is done on the basis of merit of academic records.

Duration of the course- 2 years

Post Graduate Courses offered are

  • Sc program in Horticulture with 18 seats (Applicants must be B.Sc in Horticulture)

Duration of course: 2 years

  • D Program in Horticulture – 4 seats (Applicants must have completed their post graduate in Horticulture). Applicant should not be more than 40 years of age

Duration of the course: 3 years

Eligibility Criteria and Entrance Exam Details of Sri Konda Laxman Telangana State Horticultural University

HORTICET is the entrance exam conducted by Sri Konda Laxman Telangana State Horticultura University to grant admission to students in B.Sc and M.Sc courses. Candidates have to clear the exam in order to gain admission in the college. Students having completed their Diploma in Horticulture can also apply for it. The exam consist of multiple choice objective type of questions

Each candidate appearing for the exam must be of 17 years of age as on 31st December in the year of of admission and the age should not exceed 22 years. Minimum bar of age in SC and ST candidates is 25 years and 27 years in the case of Physically Handicapped candidates.


  • Reservation are done as per the rules set by the Government of Telangana
  • The seats were reserved in the ratio of 85% for local candidates and the remaining 15% seats will be treated for unreserved quota.

Infrastructure and Facility

The University offers sound infrastructure and motivational ambience that aids in learning and development. With highly experienced and qualified faculties and professors it affirms that stay of students here goes worthwhile. Hostel facilities are provided for students. For staff there are independent quarters. The university spreads over large area and offers wonderful campus infrastructure.

Other Agriculture Universities in India

Share This Information

For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here

4 thoughts on “Sri Konda Laxman Telangana State Horticultural University, Hyderabad”

  1. Intermediate completed student can apply for this exam ??

  2. I failed in inter. Can I do the diploma course


Leave a Comment