The application form for Sathyabama Institute of Science & Technology Admission 2021 will be expectedly release in the month of October 2020. Candidates who seek admission into this institute can apply through both online and offline mode. The institute conducts entrance exam for admission to certain courses while for others admission is done on the basis of marks in the qualifying exam. Applicants interested in Sathyabama Institute admission 2021 should ensure their eligibility for the same before filling the application form.
Table of Contents
The Sathyabama Institute of Science & Technology offers the following undergraduate and postgraduate courses:
- BE Computer Science and Engineering/ Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in Artificial Intelligence/ Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in Data Analytics/ Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in Internet of Things/ Electrical and Electronics Engineering/ Electronics and Communication Engineering/ Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Automobile Engineering/ Mechatronics/ Aeronautical Engineering/ Civil Engineering/ Information Technology/ Chemical Engineering, BE (Part time) Computer Science and Engineering/ Electrical and Electronics Engineering/ Electronics and Communication Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Civil Engineering
- B.Sc Visual Communication/ Physics/ Chemistry/ Computer Science/ Mathematics/ Biochemistry/ Fashion Design/ Biotechnology/ Microbiology/ Psychology/ Bio Informatics and Data Science
- B.Tech Biotechnology/ Biomedical Engineering, B.Tech (Part time) Chemical Engineering
- BA LLB (Hons), BBA LLB (Hons), B.Com LLB (Hons), LLB
- B.Com, B.Com Financial Accounting
- B.Sc Nursing
- BA English
- ME Computer Science & Engineering/ Applied Electronics/ Computer Aided Design/ Structural Engineering/ Power Electronics & Industrial Drives/ Embedded Systems & IoT, ME (Part time) Computer Science & Engineering/ Applied Electronics/. Computer Aided Design/ Structural Engineering
- M.Sc Visual Communication/ Physics/ Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Bioinformatics & Data Science/ Medical Biotechnology and Clinical Research
- MDS Paedodontics and Preventive Dentistry/ Conservative Dentistry and Endodontic/ Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- M.Tech Medical Instrumentation/ Biotechnology, M.Tech (Part time) Medical Instrumentation/ Biotechnology
- M.Arch Sustainable Architecture/ Building Management
- MBA, MBA (Part time)
- MA English
Important Dates for Sathyabama Institute Admission 2021
Check out the important dates (tentative) related to Sathyabama Institute of Science & Technology Admission 2021:
|Online application form release date||3rd week of October 2020|
|Offline application form release date||3rd week of October 2020|
|Last date for receipt of the application form||1st week of April 2021|
|Commencement of slot booking process||1st week of April 2021|
|Issue of admit card||1st week of April 2021|
|Entrance exam date||2nd week of April 2021|
|Announcement of result||Last week of April 2021|
|Counseling process will begin from||1st week of May 2021|
Sathyabama Institute of Science & Technology Eligibility Criteria 2021
Course-wise eligibility criteria to apply for Sathyabama Institute of Science & Technology Admission 2021 are provided below.
- BE/ B.Tech: The candidates should have passed their class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics scoring not less than 60% marks in aggregate of these subjects and overall.
- B.Arch/ B.Design: A pass in class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics and at least 60% marks in these subjects and with a valid NATA score is required.
- Integrated LLB, B.Sc Nursing: Applicants who clear their class 12th exam with at least 45% marks in aggregate (40% in case of reserved category) are eligible.
- LLB: Candidates should hold a bachelor’s degree in any stream with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks (40% for reserved category).
- B.Pharma: Those who have passed their class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Mathematics with not less than 45% marks in aggregate (40% in case of reserved category) are eligible.
- B.Com: A pass in class 12th exam with Accountancy and Commerce as mandatory subjects is required.
- BA: The candidates should have passed their class 12th exam in order to be eligible.
- BBA: Those who have passed their class 12th exam can apply for BBA degree program.
- B.Sc: Candidates need to pass their class 12th exam with the concerned subject are eligible for the given specialization.
- BDS: A pass in class 12th exam with Biology, Physics and Chemistry scoring a minimum of 50% marks and a valid NEET score is required.
- ME/ M.Tech: The candidates should a hold BE/ B.Tech degree in the relevant discipline or its equivalent with not less than 50% marks in aggregate (45% for reserved category).
- M.Arch: Those with a B.Arch or equivalent degree with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (45% for reserved category) are eligible.
- MA: Applicants need to hold a BA degree in the related specialization to be eligible for BA degree course.
- MBA: A bachelor’s degree in any stream with at least 50% marks (45% for reserved category) is required.
- M.Sc: Candidates need to hold a B.Sc degree in relevant field or its equivalent with no less than 50% marks in aggregate (45% for reserved category).
- MDS: The applicants with a BDS degree can apply for admission to MDS programme.
Sathyabama Institute Application Form 2021
The candidates can obtain the application form for Sathyabama Institute of Science & Technology Admission 2021 by visiting the official website of the institute www.sathyabama.ac.in as well as from institute’s campus. Candidates are advised to keep all the important documents ready before proceeding with the application process.
- Candidates first need to register themselves by providing basic details like name, email, mobile number, etc and generate a registration number and password.
- Using this registration number and password the candidates can login to their account and fill the application form.
- In the application form, personal and academic details of the candidates like date of birth, category, nationality, qualifying exam passing year, marks obtained, etc will be asked.
- Photograph and signature of the candidates should also be uploaded/ affixed into the application form.
- Application form, complete and correct in all manners, can then be submitted by the candidates on or before the last date.
- The applicants are suggested to keep a hardcopy of the filled application form safe with them for future correspondence.
- To complete the application process, the candidates will also have to make payment of a prescribed amount of application fee.
- Payment of application fee can be done in online mode using debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
- The application fee structure for engineering courses will be Rs. 650/- and Rs. 500/- for other courses.
Sathyabama Institute Entrance Exam Pattern 2021
The basic exam pattern overview for Sathyabama Common Entrance Test for UG courses is provided below:
- Mode of exam: Computer based test
- Number of questions: 120
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 120
- Marking scheme: Each question carries one mark.
- Negative marking: Not applicable
|Topics||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|Physics and Chemistry||60||60|
Sathyabama Institute Entrance Exam 2021 Admit Card
- The admit card for Sathyabama Institute Entrance Exam 2021 will be released after slot booking.
- Candidates should download the admit card from the official website of the university and take its printout.
- The printout of the admit card must be carried by the candidates while reporting to the exam center.
- Important details related to the candidates and the exam such as name, roll number, exam center address, timing, etc will be mentioned on the admit card.
- It is advised that the candidates keep their admit card safe till the complete process admission is over.
Sathyabama Institute Admission 2021 Result
- The authorities will declare the result of the entrance exam through online mode and can be checked from the official website of the university.
- A merit list of the candidates who clear the exam will be prepared on the basis of the marks scored by them in the exam.
- Counseling of the qualified candidates will be conducted as per their names in the merit list.
- For the courses with no entrance exam, the list will be drawn on the basis of marks of the candidates in the qualifying exam.
Sathyabama Institute Counseling 2021
- Detailed information regarding the counseling process will be communicated to the candidates from the university’s website.
- At the time of counseling, documents of the candidates will be verified and therefore they should carry the documents in original and photocopy.
- After successful verification of the documents, the candidates will be asked for their choice for course specialization.
- Seats will then be allotted to the candidates based on their choice and name in the merit list.
- Such candidates should complete the formalities of admission and secure their seat.
Sathyabama Institute of Science & Technology Admission 2021 FAQs
How can I book my slot for entrance exam?
Using the registration number and password generated at the time of registration, the candidates can book their slot for exam. This process will only open for the students who submit their application on time.
Can I obtain and submit my application through offline mode?
Yes. The provision for availability as well as submission of application form is offered through offline mode.
Does the university send the admit card through post?
No. the admit card is only published online and is not sent by the university through post.
Is there any provision for scholarship at Sathyabama Institute?
The candidates pursuing BE/ B.Tech/ B.Arch courses can avail scholarships given they fulfill the basic eligibility for the same. Details about the same can be found from http://files.sathyabamauniversity.ac.in/news/scholarship_UG.pdf.
Whom can I contact in case of any query?
In case of any query you can contact the university at the following:
- Address: Admissions Officer, Administrative Office, Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Jeppiaar Nagar, Rajiv Gandhi Road, Chennai – 600 119.
- Phone: 044 – 2450 3150 / 51 / 52 / 54 / 55
- Fax: 044 – 2450 2344
- Mail: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]