Shivaji University annually invites applicants for the BA- B.Ed program offered by it through an entrance test. Interested candidates must apply for Shivaji University B.Ed admission 2019 by filling the online application form for the test. The application form will be released in the 3rd week of August 2019. Before heading to the form, candidates should ensure their eligibility status i.e. if they can appear for the entrance exam or not. Admission in BA-B.Ed course will solely be given on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidates in the entrance test. For more details on the Shivaji University B.Ed admission, candidates are suggested to go through the complete article.
The tentative dates for Shivaji University B.Ed admission 2019 are as follows-
|Application form availability||3rd week of August 2019|
|Last date to submit the application||Last week of August 2019|
|Admit card releasing||Last week of August 2019|
|Entrance exam date||1st week of September 2019|
|Merit list announcement||1st week of September 2019|
|Confirmed admission interview||2nd week of September 2019|
|Waiting admission interview||2nd week of September 2019|
|Admission closes in||3rd week of September 2019|
Application form- Shivaji University B.Ed admission 2019
The application form for admission in B.Ed program offered by Shivaji University can only be filled via online mode. To fill the form, candidates need to visit the official website of the University and register for the entrance exam. Before filling the form, candidates should keep their documents, scanned photograph and signature handy. The application form will bear the details of the candidates namely- name, gender, religion, category, educational details, address etc.
Candidates must fill the details in the form very carefully as once the form is submitted, no correction window will be provided to the candidates to edit/make changes in their particulars. They need to attach the relevant documents in a proper format. The form should be submitted on or before the due date along with the application fee decided by the University.
Application Fee: Open category candidates must pay Rs. 100/- towards the application fee for the exam. Candidates from reserved category need to pay Rs. 75/-. The fee can be paid through credit card, debit card, and net banking.
The exam pattern for B.Ed entrance test in Shivaji University is provided below-
- Duration: 2 hours
- Type of questions: Objective type (MCQ based)
- Marking scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for correct answer.
|Subject||Total number of questions|
Eligibility criteria for B.Ed admission in Shivaji University
Candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria laid down by the authority for Shivaji University B.Ed admission 2019. If a candidate is found to be ineligible for the course, he/she won’t be permitted to appear for the exam. The eligibility criteria are given below-
Nationality: Only Indian Nationals can apply for the admission.
Qualifying examination: Candidates should have passed HSC/Class 12th or its equivalent from a recognized board/university. They should have studied English and any other second language (school subject) and with any four optional subjects Arts.
Percentage required: Candidates should have scored minimum 49.5% aggregate marks (44.5% marks for backward category candidates) in the qualifying exam.
- Candidates can download the admit card of Shivaji University B.Ed entrance exam from the official website of the University.
- They should keep a printout copy of the hall ticket and preserve it for future references.
- Candidates must carry the admit card and a valid ID proof to the exam hall or else they won’t be permitted to take the test.
- The admit card should be thoroughly checked and any discrepancy in the same must be communicated to the authorities immediately.
Merit list and Result
- The result of entrance test will most probably be announced in the 1st week of September 2019.
- Candidates need to visit the official website of the University i.e. http://www.unishivaji.ac.in/ to check their result.
- The authority will publish a merit list of the candidates based on the marks obtained by them in the entrance examination.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview process.
- On clearing the interview round, candidates will be allotted a seat in the B.Ed program.
Documents to be submitted
Here are the documents that the candidates need to submit along with the application form-
- HSC / class 12th marks sheet
- Caste Certificate (wherever applicable)
- Ward of freedom fighter need to attach a certificate of freedom fighter
- Certificate of Individual achievement in Sports/Elocution/Cultural Programme at District or State Level
- Certificate from Civil Surgeon for percentage of physical handicapped
- Certificate from District Rehabilitation officer for project-affected
- Certificate from Tahsildar for earthquake-affected
- Proof as deserted woman (if applicable)
- ST candidates need to attach a caste validity certificate.