Sastra University annually invites applicants for admission in B.Ed program offered by it in distance mode. Candidates need to apply for Sastra University distance B.Ed admission 2019 by filling the online application form. Selection in the said course will solely be based on the merit obtained by the candidate in the qualifying examination i.e. the highest degree obtained by them. The application form has been released for 2019 session. Candidates first should make sure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria set by the University. For more details on the Sastra University distance B.Ed admission 2019, candidates are recommended to go through the complete article.
The tentative dates for B.Ed admission in Sastra University are as follows-
|Availability of application form||7th November 2018|
|Last date to submit the form||31st January 2019|
|Merit list announcement||Yet to be announced|
Application form- Sastra University Distance B.Ed Admission 2019
To apply for admission in B.Ed programme, candidates can fill the application form via offline mode or online mode as per their convenience. However, for offline mode, they need to download the application form from the official website of the University. Candidates should keep their relevant documents, scanned photograph and signature handy before they fill the form.
The details in the form will include- course name, applicant name, father’s name, DOB, address details, educational qualification etc. These details must be filled very carefully as no correction window will be provided once the form is submitted successfully. Candidates must pay the necessary application fee on time to avoid rejection of the form. The form along must be submitted on or before the date specified by the authority or else the applications received after the deadline closes will be rejected.
Application fee: Candidates need to pay Rs. 300/- for the offline form and Rs. 350/- for the online application form. The fee can be paid through a Demand draft drawn in favour of “SASTRA, payable at Thanjavur”. The application fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates opting for online application form can pay the fee via credit card/debit card/net banking.
Eligibility criteria for B.Ed Admission in Sastra University
Candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria set by the authority to be eligible for admission in B.Ed program-
Nationality: Only Indian Nationals can apply for admission in distance program of B.Ed.
- Candidates must have passed class 12th or its equivalent from a recognized board. It is mandatory for the applicants to have completed D.Ted after class 12th.
- Candidates must have completed graduation or post graduation in any discipline from a recognized University. They should have studied any of the given subjects- B.Lit/B.A/B.Sc in History/ Tamil/Geography/ Mathematics/ Physics/ Applied Physics/ Applied Chemistry/ Chemistry/ Bio-Chemistry/ Zoology/ Botany/ Micro-Biology/ Environmental Science/ Biotechnology/ Dietetics/ Computer Science/ Applied Geography/ Information Technology/ Computer Applications.
- Those who have a done diploma course in teaching from teacher education institute as recognized by NCTE can also apply for admission.
Result and Counselling
- The result can be obtained by visiting the official website of the University.
- University will publish a merit list based on the percentage of marks obtained by the candidates in the concerned exam as per the weightage.
- The shortlisted candidates will then undergo the counselling process where the authority will allot them a seat as per the merit rank of the candidates.
- Candidates will also go through the document verification phase where their original documents will be verified. But they should also bring the photocopies of the same to the counselling venue.
- The seats will be allotted as per the information given in the table.
|Subject code||Subject||Percentage of allotment|
|1||Tamil (B.A / B.Lit)||35%|
|3||Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Computer Applications, Information Technology||15%|
|4||Physics, Applied Physics, Electronics, Geo-Physics, Bio-Physics, Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry, Applied Chemistry, Botany, Plant Biology, Environmental Science, Bio-Technology||15%|
|5||History, Indian Culture, Geography, Applied Geography, M.A Economics/Commerce, M.Sc., Home Science||25%|
Documents required from the candidates
Given below are the documents that must be sent to the authority on time along with the application form-
- Recent passport sized photograph
- Marksheet of SSLC/class 12th , PUC, Diploma or UG and PG program
- Copy of date of birth proof
- 6 Self Address slips for communications
- Application form
- Category certificate (if applicable)