Sastra University stands for Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology, and Research Academy (SASTRA). The university provides admission to 2-year B.Ed. degree program. The admission will be provided solely on the basis of a candidate’s previous academic performances. Those who are looking to apply need to fill and submit the application form in online mode. It is recommended that the candidates must check the eligibility criteria very carefully before submitting the application form. In this article, we will provide all the necessary details related to the Sastra University Distance B.Ed. Admission 2023.
Table of Contents
Sastra University Distance B.Ed. Admission 2023 Important Dates
The tentative dates for Sastra University B.Ed. Admission 2023 are given in the table below.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of application form submission||To be announced|
|Last date to submit application form||To be announced|
|Announcement of merit list||To be announced|
Sastra University Distance B.Ed 2023 Eligibility Criteria
It is the duty of aspiring candidates to make sure that they meet the following eligibility criteria in order to apply for the admission.
- Only Indian Nationals can apply for admission in distance program of B.Ed.
- The candidate should be a resident of Tamil Nadu or Puducherry
- The candidate should have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board. Plus, the aspirants should have cleared the D.Ted course after passing the class 12th.
- The aspirants must have completed graduation in Tamil ( B.A / B.Lit ) / English / Mathematics / Physics /Applied Physics / Chemistry / Applied Chemistry / Bio Chemistry / Botany /Zoology / Micro Biology / Environmental Science / History / Geography /Applied Geography / Computer Science / Computer Applications / Information Technology. Or the candidate should have a PG degree in in Economics / Commerce / Home science from a recognized university.
- All the candidates need to be in-service teachers with two years full time teaching experience in a Nursery /Primary / Secondary / Higher secondary school in Tamilnadu recognized by the state or central government.
- Please note that the candidate should be currently working.
Sastra University Distance B.Ed 2023 Application Form
The facility to apply for Sastra University Distance B.Ed. Admission 2023 will be available in both online and offline mode. The details about both the modes of application are as follows.
- In order to apply online, candidates have to visit the official website and start registration.
- Once registered, the candidates may login and fill details in the application form.
- In the application form, applicants are required to provide their accurate educational, personal, and contact details.
- Along with the details, aspirants have to upload the scanned images of their photograph, signature, and other relevant documents.
- Next, the candidates have to pay the necessary application fee.
- After submitting the form, candidates are required to take a printout of the submitted application form for future requirements.
- Those who are looking to apply offline may download the application form from the official website.
- After downloading and taking a printout of the form, candidates need to fill their details.
- The details should be filled accurately and in neat and clean handwriting.
- Candidates have to affix their photograph on the offline application form.
- The duly filled application form should be submitted at the university campus along with the following documents.
- Attested recent passport size photo affixed in the first page of the application
- Copies of Mark Sheets for SSLC / X Std., +2 / PUC / Diploma, U.G. and P.G.
- Proof of Date of Birth (Copy)
- 6 Self Address slips for communications
- Demand Draft of the application fee
The application fee for Sastra University B.Ed. Admission 2023 is given below.
- Online Application: Rs. 350/-
- Offline Application: Rs. 300/-
Mode of payment: The application fee can be paid online using a credit card, debit card, or internet banking. Alternatively, the fee can also be paid offline using demand draft to be drawn in favor of SASTRA, payable at Thanjavur.
Sastra University Distance B.Ed. 2023 Merit List and Selection Process
- After the application form submission, authorities will prepare the merit list for admission.
- The merit list will be uploaded on the official website of the University.
- The rank list will be prepared by authorities based on previous academic records.
- In case of a tie, the Percentage of marks scored by the candidate in the Major subjects of the UG will be considered for a better rank.
- Those candidates who will get their names in the merit list will be declared successful.
Sastra University Distance B.Ed. 2023 Counselling
- Successful candidates who will get their names in the merit list will be called to participate in the counseling process.
- The university will carry out all the admission formalities at the time of counseling.
- Please note that the seats will be allotted solely based on the merit list.
- Authorities will also verify the documents at the time of the counseling. So, it is compulsory for all the candidates to carry original documents during the counseling process.
- The seats available for B.Ed. admission are also reserved based on the subjects as given in the table below.
|Subject Code||Subjects||Percentage of allotment|
|1||Tamil (B.A / B.Lit)||35%|
|3||Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Computer Applications, Information Technology||15%|
|4||Physics, Applied Physics, Electronics, Geo-Physics, Bio-Physics, Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry, Applied Chemistry, Botany, Plant Biology, Environmental Science, Bio-Technology||15%|
|5||History, Indian Culture, Geography, Applied Geography, M.A Economics/Commerce, M.Sc., Home Science||25%|
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Can I get the hardcopy of the application form from the University Campus?
Answer: Yes, the printed application forms will also be available at the University Campus.
Question – 2: If I don’t want to participate in the counseling process. Can I get my application fee back?
Answer: No, the application fee once submitted will not be refunded in any case.
Question – 3: Will there be any entrance test?
Answer: No, there will not be any entrance exam.
Question – 4: What is the fee Structure for Sastra University B.Ed.?
Answer: The approximate fee structure for Sastra University based on previous year’s data is given below.
|Record Fee||Rs. 8000/-|
|Development Fee||Rs. 10000/-|
|Total Fee||Rs. 63000/-|
Question – 5: How may I contact the University?
Answer: The contact details for Sastra University are as follows.
- Address: Sastra University, Thanjavur – 613401, Tamil Nadu
- Phone Number: 04362 – 264101 to 108, 304000 to 010
- Fax: 04362 – 264120
- URL: www.sastra.edu