RTU stands for Rajasthan Technical University. This is one of the top technical universities in the state of Rajasthan. It has a large number of affiliated colleges and institutes. The university offers a large number of technical courses like B.E, B.Tech., M.Tech, etc. Those candidates who are looking to apply need to fill and submit the application form in online mode. The admission to different courses is offered based on various popular entrance exams. For example – Admission to B.Tech is provided on the basis of JEE Main score. In this article, we are going to provide complete details related to the RTU Admission 2021.
The following courses are offered by Rajasthan Technical University.
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) – Agriculture Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Ceramic Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics Instrumentation & Control Engineering, Information Technology, Industrial Engineering, Petrochemical Engineering, Mining Engineering, Textile Engineering, Textile Technology, Textile Chemistry, Production and Industrial Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.)
- Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology (BHMCT)
- Master of Technology (M.Tech): Control & Instrumentation, Computer Science Engineering, Digital communications, Environmental Engineering, Geo-Technology Engineering, Industrial Management & Engineering, Information Technology, Machine Design, Nano-Technology, Production Engineering, Renewable Energy Technology, Power Systems, Software Engineering, Structural Engineering, Textile Technology, Thermal Engineering, Transportation Engineering, VLSI Design, Power Electronics & Electric Drives
- Master of Architecture (M.Arch) – Urban Design
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- Ph.D. – Engineering, Management, Computer Applications
The tentative dates are different for various courses as given below.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates (B.E/ B.Tech)||Tentative Dates (B.Arch)|
|Date of commencement for filling of the Online Application cum Registration||Last week of July 2021||3rd week of September 2021|
|Last date for the payment of online application cum registration fee||Last week of August 2021||1st week of October 2021|
|Last date for the submission of online application cum registration form||1st week of September 2021||1st week of October 2021|
RTU CAM 2021
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Advertisement for notification of CAM||3rd week of June 2021|
|Beginning of online registration||3rd week of June 2021|
|Online choice filling for different M.Tech programme starts||3rd week of June 2021|
|Last date of online process||4th week of June 2021|
|Declaration of the 1st round of allotment||4th week of June 2021|
RTU Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria are different for various courses as explained below.
B.Tech and B.Arch: Candidates must have cleared the 10+2 examination or its equivalent from a recognized board of education with mathematics and physics as the compulsory subjects. Aspirants must have secured a minimum of 45% aggregate marks (40% for reserved category candidates).
M.Tech and M.Arch/ M.Plan: Aspirants should have a valid B.E/B.Tech degree with minimum 55% aggregate marks (50% for reserved category candidates) from a recognized university for taking admission in M.Tech course along with a valid GATE score. Those applicants who are looking for M.Arch/ M.Plan admission must have completed B.Arch with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks (45% for reserved category candidates) from a recognized university.
MBA: Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university and have obtained minimum 50% aggregate marks (45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates). A candidate must also hold a valid CMAT/RMAT score to apply for RTU admission 2021.
MCA: Aspirants need to have a Bachelor’s degree in computer application (BCA) from a recognized University with 50% in aggregate or must have a bachelors degree from a recognized univerity in other stream with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks along with either having studied Mathematics in the bachelor’s degree or having studied science-maths in the +2 level from a recognized Board.
RTU Application Form 2021
The application form will release in online mode only. Those who want to apply need to fill and submit the application form through the official website of the university. Please note that application forms for admission to various courses will be made available through the official website. The complete process of application is explained below.
- First of all, the aspirants have to register on the official website by providing some of their basic details.
- At the time of registration, aspirants have to provide some of their basic details including the name, phone number, email address.
- Aspirants will be able to access the main application once the registration process gets over.
- In the main application form, candidates have to provide their complete educational, personal, and contact details.
- The details entered in the application form must be accurate. Otherwise, the application form might get rejected.
- Apart from the details, it is also compulsory for all the candidates to upload the scanned images of the passport size photograph and signature.
- After submitting the application form, candidates need to pay the necessary application fee.
- It is recommended to take a printout of the application form submitted and keep it safe for future requirements.
The application fees are different for various courses as given below.
- B.Tech/ B.Arch: Rs. 1000/-
- M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan: Rs. 3000/- for general category. Rs. 1500/- for SC/ ST category.
- Ph.D: Rs. 3000/- is to be paid for all aspirants irrespective of the categories they belong to.
Mode of payment: The application fee can be paid online using a credit card, debit card, or net banking.
The process of selection is different for various courses offered by the RTU. The selection process of some of the courses is as follows.
- B.Tech/ B.Ed.: Admission to B.Tech/ B.E course will be offered based on the JEE Main 2021 examination.
- B.Arch.: Authorities will offer admission based on JEE Main 2021 (Paper II)/ NATA 2021
- MBA: Admission to MBA will be offered on the basis of CMAT 2021 scores.
- MCA: Those who are looking for admission to MCA need to clear the NIMCET 2021 exam.
Result and Merit List
- Once the application form submission gets over, the university will screen the application forms received.
- Then, the university will release the merit list based on the marks secured by the candidates in various entrance exams like JEE Main 2021 for B.E/ B.Tech course.
- The university will publish separate merit list for candidates of various categories.
- Those candidates who will get their names in the merit list will be invited to take part in the counselling process.
- After releasing the merit list, authorities will invite successful candidates to take part in the counselling process.
- In the counselling process, aspirants have to select the colleges/ institutes in which they are looking to study.
- Apart from this, the university will also verify the documents of candidates at the time of counselling.
- The admission will be confirmed only after the verification of documents and payment of the admission fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: I want to pursue MBA from RTU. In which exam do I need to participate?
Answer: The admissions to MBA are provided based on the CMAT examination.
Question – 2: In which mode the RTU will release the application form for admission?
Answer: The application forms for new admissions will release in online mode only.
Question – 3: Will there be an entrance exam to be conducted by the university?
Answer: No, the university will not conduct any entrance exam. Admissions will be offered based on different national level entrance exams JEE Main, etc.
Question – 4: What if I don’t want to take admission after filling the application form. Can I get the application fee submitted back?
Answer: No, the application fee once submitted will not be refunded back.