The admission into 2-year B.Ed degree course offered by the Rabindra Bharati University will be granted on the basis of merit. The candidates who are eligible for the admissions can submit their application in online mode. The application form is expected to be released in the month of March 2019. The candidates can get the complete information related to the RBU B.Ed Admission 2019 such as important dates, eligibility requirement, application process, etc from this article.
The tentative dates for RBU B.Ed Admission 2019 are provided here. The actual dates will be updated after they are officially announced by the relevant authorities.
|Release of admission notification||2nd week of March 2019|
|Availability of online application form||2nd week of March 2019|
|Last date for submission of application form||Last week of March 2019|
|Interview of PWD candidates||3rd week of April 2019|
|Publication of 1st provisional merit list||3rd week of April 2019|
|Provisional admission of candidates who appear in the 1st merit list||3rd week of April 2019|
|Publication of 2nd provisional merit list (if seats remain vacant)||4th week of April 2019|
|Provisional admission of candidates who appear in the 2nd merit list||4th week of April 2019|
|Commencement of classes||1st week of June 2019|
RBU B.Ed Admission Eligibility Criteria 2019
The candidates who wish to be considered for the RBU B.Ed 2019 must ensure that they meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidates who have completed their bachelor’s degree programme with a minimum aggregate of 50% (45% for SC/ ST/ PH) are eligible.
- The candidates with a BE/ B.Tech degree or Master’s degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Humanity are also eligible given that they have scored at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ ST/ PH) are also eligible.
- Deputed teachers applying for admission will have to be from the schools receiving grant-in-aid from the Government.
- The break in studies from the degree last attended should not be more than 2 years, except for Deputed candidates.
The candidates can apply online for RBU B.Ed Admission 2019. The candidates will first have to register themselves using a valid email id and mobile number. This email id and mobile number must be kept active till the complete process of admission is over.
- After the registration is successful, the candidates will receive a password on the registered email id and mobile number.
- Using the password, the candidates will have to login to their account to fill the application form.
- In the application form, the candidates will have to enter their personal and academic details and upload their photograph and signature in scanned format.
- The candidates can fill the form in multiple stages by saving the data already filled and login into their account later to fill the rest part of the form.
- After providing the complete details into the form, the candidates can make its final submission.
- A printout of the application form should be taken out and submitted with self-attested copies of all mark sheets, certificates and other relevant documents to the university campus either in person or by post.
- A printout must also be kept safe with the candidates in case of future reference.
- The payment of application fee can be done in both online (debit card/ credit card/ net banking) and offline mode (eChallan).
- The application fee will be Rs. 300/- (Rs. 180/- for PWD candidates) + bank charges.
- The fee once submitted will not be refunded or transferred.
- To select the candidates for admissions into B.Ed course, a merit list will be prepared.
- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks scored by the candidates in the different exams at school, UG and PG level.
- Total grade marks will be calculated and the candidates will be ranked according to the grade marks.
- A provisional list of the candidates will be prepared and published on the website of the university.
RBU B.Ed Admission 2019 Process
- The candidates whose names appear in the merit list will be eligible for admissions.
- The selected candidates will have to pay the course fee, registration fee, and other fees as required.
- After completing these formalities, the candidates will be admitted provisionally.
- The final admission will be granted after the original documents of the candidates are verified.
- Those who fail to do so will forfeit their seat and no refund will be provided to such candidates.