Food, Civil Supplies, and Consumer Affairs Department, Punjab Government shoulders the responsibility of issuing and managing ration cards in the state of Punjab. The aim of issuing ration cards is to provide subsidized ration to the people of the state of Punjab. The government will also upload the Punjab Ration Card 2022 online so that people can check their names whenever they want. Apart from their names, the people of Punjab can also check the amount of ration allotted to them online. Go through this post if you don’t know how to check Punjab Ration Card List 2022 Online. Here, we will provide the complete information about the list Punjab Ration Cards 2022 and methods to check it online.
Punjab Ration Card Scheme 2022 – Main Highlights
Let’s take a look at some of the major highlights of the Punjab Ration Card Scheme 2022
|Name of the Scheme||Punjab Ration Card List 2022|
|Authority||Department of Food Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs|
|Category of the scheme||Punjab state government Scheme|
|Beneficiaries||People of Punjab|
|Aim of the scheme||To provide ration to the people of Punjab at a subsidized rate|
|Government||Punjab State Government|
Type of Punjab Ration Cards 2022
The government of Punjab issues three basic types of Ration cards based on the financial status of the family of applicants. The ration and other benefits provided to various ration card holders are different. Three types of Punjab Ration Cards 2022 are as follows.
- APL Ration Cards – APL ration cards are issued to those families who are living above the poverty line. In order to get this ration card, your family income must not be more than 10000. Those families who have APL ration cards can get up to 15 kg of food grains at a subsidized rate from the Fair Price Shops.
- BPL Ration Cards – These ration cards are provided only to those families who are living below the poverty line. This type of ration card is issued only to those families whose annual income is less than Rs. 10000/-. With the help of this ration card, families can get up to 25 kg of food grains at a subsidized rate from the Fair Price Shops.
- AAY (Antyodaya Anna Yojana) – These are special types of ration card issues only to those families who are extremely poor. To be precise we can say that these ration cards are issued to the poorest of BPL families. A lot of benefits are provided to those who have these ration cards. The beneficiaries of these ration cards can get up to 35 kg of food grains and other essential commodities at very heavily discounted prices.
- Priority Household (PHH) – PHH ration cards are also given to those families who are living above the poverty line. The government has prescribed an income slab for the families eligible to get this ration card. The PHH card holder families get priority over APL families.
Benefits of a Ration Card
Ration card is an extremely beneficial document that can help you in many ways. Some of the major benefits of the Punjab Ration Card 2022 are given below.
- With the help of a ration card, you can get rations including wheat, sugar, rice, kerosene, etc. at subsidized rates.
- You can use a ration card for works like opening a bank account, getting a sim card, etc.
- The ration card is a valid ID proof in itself. You can use it to get other documents like Voter ID, Aadhar Card, Driving Licence.
- If you have a BPL or AAY Ration Card then children of your family can apply for various scholarship programs quite easily.
Features of a Punjab Smart Ration Card 2022
The government in Punjab is now issuing Smart Ration Cards to the beneficiaries. Given below are some of the features of Smart Ration cards in the state.
- Currently, there are around 1. 42 crore beneficiaries of these ration cards.
- The ration card is issued at the name of the head of the family (Eldest Woman will be the family head)
- Wheat is given at Rs. 2/- per Kg.
- The Biannual entitlement of wheat will be given at one go
- Smart ration cards are linked with Aadhar to wipe out duplicate ration cards.
- The distribution of ration can be done at the doorstep of the beneficiaries.
- Beneficiaries may keep the bag in which they will receive the ration.
- There is no upper cap, every member of the family will get 5 kg wheat per month.
- The department officials, Beneficiary, Transporter, Gram Panchayat, Nigrani Committee – all will work in coordination for disbursement of wheat.
- Please note that the wheat will be distributed in the standard packaging of 30 kg.
- The beneficiary will have the option to go to the consumer court if he doesn’t get the entitled wheat.
How to check your name in Punjab Ration Card List 2022?
It is very easy to check the name in Punjab Ration Card List 2022. To help the people of Punjab, officials have uploaded the list on the official portal.
- First and foremost, you need to visit the official website of Public Distribution System – AePDS, Punjab.
- On the homepage of the official website, you need to click on the “Month of Abstract” button available on the left.
- After that, a new page will open on your screen. Here, you will have to select your district you choosing the ration card allotted month.
- On the next page, you will have to choose the name of the inspector of your area.
- After this, you have to select the Fair Price Shop (FPS) ID. You can find this ID on your ration card application.
- Now, a new list will appear on your screen. Here, you can see complete information related to your EPDS Punjab Ration Card.
Once you find your name in the Punjab Ration Card List 2022, you can take a printout of the list for future reference.
List of District for which the ration card information is available online.
You can check the list of ration cards of the following district online through the official website.
- Amritsar – Amritsar Ration Card List 2022
- Barnala – Barnala Ration Card List 2022
- Bathinda – Bathinda Ration Card List 2022
- Faridkot – Faridkot Ration Card List 2022
- Fatehgarh Sahib – Fatehgarh Sahib Ration Card List 2022
- Fazilka – Fazilka Ration Card List 2022
- Ferozepur – Ferozepur Ration Card List 2022
- Gurdaspur – Gurdaspur Ration Card List 2022
- Hoshiarpur – Hoshiarpur Ration Card List 2022
- Jalandhar – Jalandhar Ration Card List 2022
- Kapurthala – Kapurthala Ration Card List 2022
- Ludhiana – Ludhiana Ration Card List 2022
- Mansa – Mansa Ration Card List 2022
- Moga – Moga Ration Card List 2022
- Muktsar – Muktsar Ration Card List 2022
- Nawanshahr (Shahid Bhagat Singh Nagar) – Nawanshahr (Shahid Bhagat Singh Nagar) Ration Card List 2022
- Pathankot – Pathankot Ration Card List 2022
- Patiala – Patiala Ration Card List 2022
- Rupnagar – Rupnagar Ration Card List 2022
- Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar (Mohali) – Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar (Mohali) Ration Card List 2022
- Sangrur – Sangrur Ration Card List 2022
- Tarn Taran – Tarn Taran Ration Card List 2022
Essential Eligibility for Punjab Ration Card
Those who are looking to get a new Punjab Ration Card 2022 must ensure that they meet the following eligibility criteria.
- Applicants should belong to the state of Punjab
- The ration cards are issued only in the name of the female head of the family.
- The applicant should have an Aadhar Card.
- Please note that the age of an applicant should be more than 18 years.
- You should note that the beneficiary applying for the should not have a previous ration card. If you already have a ration card then you must surrender the same in order to apply for a fresh one.
- You can’t apply for a new ration card if your previous ration card is seized by authorities.
- Those who are looking to get a BPL or AAY ration card must have income proof.
How to apply for the Punjab Ration Card 2022?
You can apply for a new ration card in the state of Punjab either in offline or online mode. Let’s check out the steps you should follow in case you are unable to apply for a new Punjab ration card 2022.
Online mode of application
- In order to apply online, aspirants need to visit the official portal of the food department.
- After visiting the official website, the homepage will appear on your screen.
- On the home page, you will have to click on the “Citizen login” link.
- In case you are not registered then you need to click on the “New user” link.
- Once registered successfully, you will have to update your profile by providing some of your basic details.
- Next, you should click on the “Fresh Application” link.
- The list of services will now appear on your screen. Here, you click on the Apply for a new ration card option.
- Now, in the main application form, you need to provide all the necessary details in an accurate manner.
- The details entered in the application form should be accurate because authorities will verify them later.
- Apart from the detail, it is also necessary for you to upload scanned images of all the supporting documents.
- After submitting the application form, you will get the acknowledgement number. You should note down this acknowledgement number and keep it safe.
- The authorities will prepare a ration card for you after verifying all the details and documents uploaded by you.
- Finally, you may collect your ration card from the nearest Fair Price Shop.
Offline Method to get a new Ration card in Punjab
- To apply in offline mode, you will have to visit the office EPDS Punjab Department.
- From the office, you need to collect the application form for the ration card.
- Then after getting the application form, you will have to provide all your necessary details in an accurate manner.
- Make sure you enter authentic details only because officials will verify them later.
- After filling the application form, you will have to submit it along with supporting documents.
- Once you submit the application form and supporting documents you will get acknowledgement number from the counter.
- You will also have to pay the nominal fee at the counter.
- Keep the acknowledgment number that you will get safe as it will be required at the time of getting the ration card.
- You will get the ration card within 15 to 30 days after submitting the application form.
Documents required for a new Ration Card in Punjab
The smart ration cards in the state of Punjab are issued only if the applicant furnishes the required documents. Some of the important documents required in order to get a new Ration card are given below.
- Address proof of the applicant – Aadhar Card, Residential certificate, Water, Electricity or Telephone Bill
- Those applicants who are living on rent can a submit rent agreement as address proof.
- It is necessary to submit a surrender document in case of transfer from one town to another.
- PAN card of the head of the family.
- Two passport size photographs of the head of the family and one passport size photograph of each of the family members.
- Income certificate
- If you are submitting the surrender document then you should also submit a copy of the previous ration card as the supporting document.
How to check the status of your Ration Card?
After submitting the application form, you can also check the status of your new Punjab Ration Card 2022. Given below are the steps that you need to follow in order to check the status of your Ration card.
- In the first step, you need to visit the official website of the food department of the Punjab government.
- After visiting, the official website, the homepage will display on the screen of your device.
- On the homepage, you need to navigate to the Ration Card Search Section.
- After that, you will have the enter your aadhar number along with the report number.
- Click on the “Submit” button once you are done with enter the necessary information.
- Now, the status of your new ration card will appear on your screen. At this point of time, you can take a printout of status for future reference.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: How can I submit a complaint/ grievance against my Punjab ration card 2022?
Answer: You can easily submit your complaint/ grievances online. To do that, all you have to do is follow the steps listed below.
- First of all, you will have to visit the Public Grievances Redressal Portal i.e. connect.punjab.gov.in.
- On the official website, you have to sign-up and create your Digital Punjab account.
- Now, a registration page will appear in front of you. On this page, you will have to provide all the required details including your name, gender, date of birth, mobile number, address, etc.
- Click on the “Submit” once you are done entering the registration details.
- After that, you may log in by entering your username and password generated at the time of registration.
- Next, you need to click on the Lodge public grievance link.
- Now, you can provide complete details about your grievance/ complaint. We recommend you explain your problem as accurately as possible.
- Finally, click on the “Submit” button to finish up submitting the grievance.
Question – 2: What is the procedure to check the status of grievances submitted online?
Answer: If you have submitted a grievance online then you can check its status online. To do that, all you have to do is follow the steps listed below.
- First and foremost, you need to visit the official website i.e. public grievance redressal portal.
- On the official portal, you will have to click on the “Track grievance” link available on the right hand side of the screen.
- Now, a new page will appear on your screen. On this page, you will have to provide your Grievance ID and Mobile Number.
- Click on the “Proceed” button once you are done entering your grievance ID and Mobile Number.
- Now, the status of your grievance will display on your screen.
Question – 3: What is the price of wheat per kg do I have to pay if I get ration through Punjab Ration Card 2022?
Answer: Please note that Wheat is provided at the rate of Rs. 2 per kg in case to buy ration through your ration card.
Question – 4: Is it necessary for all families living in Punjab to get a ration card?
Answer: No, the ration card is not a mandatory document. However, if you want ration from the government at a discounted rate then it is compulsory for you to have a ration card.