Pondicherry University is a very famous university that offers a large number of PG and Research level courses. The courses are offered in a variety of fields including management, engineering, Arts, Science, etc. The university has three campuses. Out of which, the main campus is at Puducherry. Interested candidates who want to apply need to fill and submit the application form before the last date. It is also important to check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. All the necessary details related to the Pondicherry University admission 2023 are provided in this post.
Table of Contents
Some of the main courses offered by Pondicherry University are as follows.
- MA – Anthropology, Economic, English & Comparative Literature, French (Translation & Interpretation), Hindi, History, Human Rights and Inclusive Policy, Mass Communication, Philosophy, Politics and International Relations, Political Science, Sanskrit, Sociology, South Asian Studies, Tamil, Women’s Studies.
- M.Sc.: Applied Geology, Applied Psychology, Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Disaster Management (at Port Blair), Ecology, Environmental Sciences, Electronic Media, Food Science and Nutrition, Food Science and Technology, Mathematics, Microbiology, Physics, Quantitative Finance, Statistics.
- M.Tech. – Computer Science & Engineering, Computational Biology, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Environmental Engineering & Management, Green Energy Technology, Nanoscience & Technology, Network & Information Security.
- MBA – Banking Technology, Business Administration, Insurance Management (Karaikal), International Business, Tourism & Travel Management.
- M.Com. – Business Finance, Accounting & Taxation
Note: Apart from the courses, there are many other PG, and Diploma level courses offered by the university.
The official dates related to the Pondicherry University Admission 2023 are given in the table below.
|Starting of the application form submission||July 2023|
|Last date for the submission of application form||To be updated|
|Releasing of the admit card||To be updated|
|Date of examination||To be updated|
|Declaration of result||To be updated|
|Beginning of the counselling process||To be updated|
Pondicherry University Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The general eligibility criteria for Pondicherry University Admission 2023 are given below.
- M.A. Anthropology: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50 % of marks
- M.A. Hindi: Bachelor’s degree in Hindi with a minimum of 50% of marks or any degree with Hindi as a subject of study under part I or II or Pass in any recognized degree awarded by the voluntary Hindi Organisations recognized by the Government of India.
- M.A. History: Bachelor’s degree in History with 50% minimum marks or B.A. in social sciences (political science, economics and sociology) with history as an ancillary or subsidiary paper with 50% marks.
- M.A. (Mass Communication/ Philosophy/ Politics and International Relations/ Political Science): Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% of marks.
- M.A. Sociology/ South Asian Studies: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% of marks.
- M.Sc. Bioinformatics: Bachelor’s degree in any relevant area of Physics/ Chemistry/ Computer Science/ Life Sciences with a minimum of 55% of marks.
- M.Sc. Chemistry: Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry with a minimum of 55% of marks in Part III. Candidates should have studied Maths at +2 level.
- M.Sc. Electronic Media: Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 55 % of marks in any discipline from a recognized university under 10+2+3 system.
- M.Sc. Mathematics: Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics with a minimum of 55% of marks
- M.Sc. Physics: Bachelor’s degree in Physics with Mathematics and Chemistry as ancillaries and a minimum of 55% of marks.
- M.Sc. Statistics: Bachelor’s degree in Statistics or Mathematics with Mathematical Statistics as an allied subject with a minimum of 55% of marks.
- M.Tech. Electronics and Communication Engineering: B.E./ B.Tech degree in Electronics/ Electronics and Communication Engineering/ Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering with a minimum of 55% of marks.
- MBA (International Business): Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50 % of marks.
- MBA (Tourism & Travel Management): Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50 % of marks.
- M.Ed.: B.Ed. degree / Four year Integrated B.A. B.Ed./ B.Sc. B.Ed. / B.Com. B.Ed. of recognized universities with a minimum of 50% of marks.
- M.Lib.I.Sc.: Any degree with a minimum of 50% of marks
- M.P.A: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50 % of marks.
- LLM: LL.B. Degree or its equivalent with not less than 50% of marks (45% in case of SC/ ST) in the aggregate in all the 3 years/ 5years of B.L/ L.L.B Degree Course.
Pondicherry University Application Form 2023
The application form for Pondicherry University admission 2023 will release in online mode only. Those who want to apply need to visit the official website i.e. www.pondiuni.edu.in in order to access the application form. Please note that candidates have to submit separate application forms for admission to different courses.
- To start the application process, candidates have to register themselves on the official website by providing some of their basic details.
- At the time of registration, aspirants need to provide some of their basic details such as name, phone number, email address, etc.
- The login credentials will be generated once the registration process gets over.
- Then, candidates need to log in using the credentials generated.
- After that, aspirants have to provide their educational, personal and contact details. The details entered in the application form must be accurate. Otherwise, the application form can get rejected.
- Apart from the details, candidates have to upload the images of the photograph and signature in the application form.
- It is also necessary to pay the required application fee along with the application form.
- You must take a printout of the application form and fee receipt for future requirements.
The application fee for admission to different courses for the students of various categories is as follows.
|Name of the course||Application Fees (Per Course)|
|P.G. Courses||Rs. 300/-||Nil||Rs. 600/-|
|Ph.D.||Rs. 500/-||Nil||Rs. 1000/-|
|MBA||Rs. 500/-||Nil||Rs. 1000/-|
- The application fee for students from Non-SAARC countries is US$100(i.e. 7400 in equivalent Indian currency).
- The application fee for students from *SAARC countries is US$50. (i.e. 3700 in equivalent Indian currency). (*Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Sri Lanka).
Mode of payment: The application fee can be paid online using a credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
Pondicherry University Admission 2023 Admit Card
- The admit card or hall ticket for the admission will release in online mode only.
- In order to download the hall ticket, candidates have to provide their registration details on the official website.
- The details about the date, time, and venue of the examination will be mentioned on the admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without an admit card.
- Along with the admit card, it is also compulsory to carry a photo ID proof at the time of the examination.
Pondicherry University 2023 Exam Pattern
The pattern of the entrance exam depends upon the courses for which you are looking to apply. Still, we are providing the general examination pattern applicable.
- Mode of examination: Online (Computer based test)
- Type of questions: Objective type multiple choice questions.
- Number of questions: 100
- Duration of the examination: 2 hour
- Maximum Marks: 400
- Marking Pattern: Each question will carry 4 marks.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for any incorrect answer
Result and Merit List
- The result of the Pondicherry University entrance exam will release in online mode only through the official website.
- To check the result, aspirants have to provide their registration details on the official website.
- Along with the result, the university will also upload the merit list of the candidates shortlisted for admission.
- Those candidates who will get their name in the merit list will be invited to participate in the counselling process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: In which mode, the application form for Pondicherry University Admission 2023 will release?
Answer: The application form will release in online mode only.
Question – 2: The entrance exam will take place in online or offline mode?
Answer: Please note that the entrance exam will take place in online mode i.e. Computer Based Test mode only.
Question – 3: In which cities the entrance exam is expected to take place?
Answer: It is expected that examination will take place at the following cities – Aizwal, Hyderabad, Kakinada, Puducherry, Allahabad, Imphal, Lucknow, Pune, Bangalore, Indore, Madurai, Ranchi, Bhopal, Jaipur, Mangalore, Sambalpur, Bhubaneshwar, Jammu, Mahe/ Thalassery, Shillong, Chennai, Karaikal, Mumbai, Srinagar, Coimbatore, Kochi, New Delhi, Thiruvananthapuram, Chandigarh, Kolkata, Vellore, Tiruchirapalli, Guwahati, Kozhikode, Patna, Vijayawada, Gwalior, Kottayam, Port Blair (Andamans), Vishakapatnam.
Question – 4: What is the eligibility criteria for admission to MBA Financial Technology?
Answer: In order to apply, the candidates must have any of the following degrees.
- B.E./ B.Tech. (IT, CSE)
- B.Sc. (Computer Science, IT, Statistics, Mathematics)/ BCA
- B.Com/ B.Com (Computer Applications)
- BBA/ B.A Economics
- B.Com (Information Technology)
- B.Com (E-commerce)