The University of Rajasthan annually conducts PBMET entrance exam for shortlisting candidates for B.Ed-M.Ed and B.P.Ed-M.P.Ed program offered by the colleges affiliated to it. Interested candidates can apply for the exam by filling the online application form for the same. Before that, they must make sure to go through the eligibility criteria laid down by the authority. The form for the Rajasthan PBMET 2019 will most probably be released in the last week of January 2019.
The exam will be conducted in offline mode where candidates will be given a question booklet and an OMR answer sheet to mark the answers. The total duration of the exam will be of 3 hours. For more information on the Rajasthan PBMET 2019 candidates should go through the complete article.
The tentative dates for Rajasthan PBMET B.Ed admission are as follows-
|Online registration for exam||Last week of January 2019|
|Last date to register||3rd week of April 2019|
|Application correction window||4th week of April 2019|
|Hall ticket downloading||3rd week of May 2019|
|Exam date||4th week of May 2019|
|Answer key releasing||Last week of May 2019|
|Date to raise objection in answer key||Last week of May 2019|
|Corrected answer key publication||Last week of May 2019|
|Result announcement||Last week of May 2019|
|Commencement of counselling||June 2019|
Application form- Rajasthan PBMET B.Ed
Candidates can apply for Rajasthan PBMET exam can apply for the same by filling the online application form. The form will be available on the official website of the PBMET and University of Rajasthan. Candidates need to register themselves for the exam using their email id and phone number. After successful registration, they must proceed to fill the application form.
The application form will contain the following information- name, father’s name, educational qualification, gender, DOB, category etc. Applicants are suggested to fill these details as per their knowledge and official records. There will be a correction window for the candidates who have mistakenly entered incorrect information. Candidates must pay the application fee for the exam or else their form will be rejected by the authority. They should keep at least 3 printout copies of the application form and fee-receipt for future reference.
For M.Ed, B.Ed-M.Ed course, candidates need to pay Rs. 500/- as the application fee for the exam. Whereas, for B.P.Ed and M.P.Ed candidates must pay Rs. 700/-. The stated fee can be paid using debit card, credit card and net banking. Candidates can also pay the fee via E-Challan of UCO bank.
The exam pattern for PBMET exam is given below –
- Exam mode: Offline (OMR based)
- Duration: 3 hours
- Medium: English and Hindi both
- Type of questions: Objective (MCQ based)
- Marking scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for correct answer.
- Negative marking: Not applicable
|Subject||Number of Question||Maximum marks|
|General Mental Ability||50||50|
|General Hindi and English||50||50|
|Teaching Aptitude and Basics of Computer System||50||50|
General Mental Ability: Reasoning, relationship through letters, numbers and figures, code language, hidden figures, mathematical operations, seeing relationship, analogies, numerical ability and spatial relationship, odd man out, number series, letter series, matching figures, cube problems and patterns of different kinds etc.
General Awareness: Indian economics, Indian history, political science, geography, general science, current affairs and sports.
General Hindi and English: Grammar (both Hindi and English), prefix and suffix, antonym and synonym, word meaning, etc.
Teaching Aptitude and Basic of Computer System: Aptitude towards children, adaptability, professional information and interest in teaching profession, Introduction to Computer: Features, use and Types of Computers, Computer generation, and Computer architecture, Hardware, Input and output devices, etc.
Eligibility criteria for Rajasthan PBMET 2019
Candidates interested in appearing for PBMET exam must fulfill the necessary requirements specified by the University. These requirements are as follows-
Nationality: Indian nationals can apply for the exam.
Qualifying examination: Candidates must have done graduation or post graduation in any discipline from a recognized university for admission in B.Ed and M.Ed programme. They should have studied school education as a compulsory subject.
Admit card for Rajasthan PBMET admission
- The admit card for Rajasthan PBMET 2019 can be downloaded from the official web portal.
- The authority will release the hall ticket most probably in the 3rd week of May 2019.
- Candidates need to keep the printout of the admit card and retain it for future use.
- The authority will not let the candidates appear in the exam in case they do not possess a valid hall ticket and govt. ID proof.
- The admit card must not be damaged or torn.
Result and Counselling
- To check the result of the Rajasthan PBMET 2019, candidates need to login into the official website.
- The authority will most probably announce the result in the last week of May 2019.
- Candidates will be selected solely on the basis of marks secured by them in the exam.
- Such candidates will then be called to attend the counselling procedure where a seat will be allotted to them after verification of original documents.
- Only those candidates can participate in an online counselling who has cleared the minimum cutoff decided by the University.