Candidates seeking admission into the Osmania University can apply for the same through online mode. Various courses in the field of arts, science, commerce, engineering, education, etc are offered by the university. For certain courses, entrance exams are conducted by the university while for others, candidates are selected on the basis of marks in qualifying exam or other national or state level exam. In this article, detailed information related to the Osmania University Admission 2021 like eligibility criteria, application process, important dates, etc is provided.
Courses Offered at the Osmania University 2021
A list of the courses offered at the Osmania University is provided below:
- BFA Photography, Applied Arts, Painting
- B.Com (General), B.Com (Comp), B.Com (Vocational), B.Com (Hons)
- B.Sc, B.Sc (ASLP)
- B.Ed, B.Ed Special Education (MR), B.Ed Special Education (HI)
- BE in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, IT Engineering, Production Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, Biomedical Engineering
- B.Tech in Chemical Technology, Textile Technology, Food Processing Technology, Bio-Technology
- LLB, LLB (Integrated)
- MA in Arabic, English, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Sanskrit, French, Persian, Philosophy, AIHCA, Islamic Studies, Linguistics, Theatre Arts, Economics, History, Political Science, Public Administration, Sociology, Psychology
- M.Com, M.Com (IS)
- M.Sc Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics and Applied Mathematics, Statistics and Applied Statistics, Physics, Astronomy, Astrophysics and Geophysics, Electronics, Biochemistry, Forensic Science, Biotechnology, Genetics, Microbiology/ Environmental Science/ Nutrition & Dietetics, Geology and Applied Geochemistry, Geography, Geo-informatics, Zoology, M.Sc (ASLP), M.Sc (IS)
- MBA, MBA (PE), MBA (Tech Management)
- MHM (Hospital Management)
- MMS Defence
- MPM (Police Management)
- M.Ed, M.Ed. Special Education (MR)
- ME in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, IT Engineering, Production Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, Biomedical Engineering
- M.Tech in Chemical Engineering
- LLM, LLM (Private Appearance)
PG Diploma courses:
PG Diploma in Urdu Paleography, Applied Linguistics, Functional Hindi & Translation, Museology, Archival Science And Manuscriptology, Child Psychology, Rehabilitation Psychology, Early Intervention, Developmental Rehabilitation, Psychological Counseling, E-Commerce, Taxation, PMIR, Geographical, Cartography, Physician Assistant, Hospital Billing, Health Insurance, Medical Informatics, Management Studies, Early Childhood Education, Intellectual Property Rights, Cyber Laws
- M.Phil in Arabic, English, French, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Sanskrit, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Persian, Philosophy, AIHCA, Linguistics, Islamic Studies, Communication & Journalism, Theatre Arts, Economics, History, Political Science, Public Administration, Sociology, Psychology, Library & Information Science, Social Work, Clinical Psychology, Rehabilitation Psychology, Defence & Strategic Studies (College Of Air Warfare), Mathematics, Statistics
- PhD in Arabic, English, French, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Sanskrit, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Persian, Philosophy, AIHCA, Linguistics, Islamic Studies Communication & Journalism, Economics, History, Political Science, Public Administration, Sociology, Psychology, Library & Information Science, Social Work, Botany, Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Astronomy, Astrophysics, Geophysics, Biochemistry, Genetics, Microbiology, Environmental Science, Geology, Geography, Zoology
Osmania University Admission Dates 2021
The tentative dates related to Osmania University Admission 2021 are provided in the table below:
|Online application form release date||4th week of April 2021|
|Last date to submit the application form||4th week of May 2021|
|Issue of admit card||Date to be notified later|
|Date of entrance test||Date to be notified later|
|Publication of result||Date to be notified later|
|Beginning of admission process||Date to be notified later|
Osmania University Admission Eligibility Criteria 2021
The detailed eligibility criteria for appearing in Osmania University Admission 2021 are discussed below:
- BA: The candidates should have passed their class 12th exam from a recognized board.
- MA: A BA degree in the relevant field or equivalent with not less than 40% marks in aggregate.
- B.Sc: Those with a pass in class 12th exam with at least 40% marks in the concerned Science subject are eligible.
- M.Sc: Applicants should hold a B.Sc degree with not less than 40% marks in the concerned Science subject.
- LLB (3 year): The applicants with any graduation degree scoring a minimum of 40% marks in aggregate are eligible.
- LLM: Candidates should have passed LLB degree exam and secured a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate.
- BE/ B.Tech: Those who have cleared their class 12th exam with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects or have done diploma in engineering can apply. Candidates should have completed 16 years of age as on 31st December 2021.
- ME/ M.Tech: A BE/ B.Tech degree in relevant discipline or its equivalent from a recognized university is required.
- BCA: The candidates should have passed their class 12th exam from a recognized board.
- MCA: The applicants with any graduation degree except BFA and BOL are eligible.
- B.Ed: Those with BA/ B.Sc/ B.Com/ B.Sc (Home Science)/ BCA/ BBM degree with an aggregate of 45% marks are eligible.
- M.Ed: Candidates holding a B.Ed degree are eligible to apply for M.Ed degree program.
- B.Pharma: Applicants who have cleared their class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology or have done diploma in pharmacy can apply. Candidates should have completed 16 years of age as on 31st December 2021.
- M.Pharma: The candidates who hold a B.Pharma degree and passed the GATE exam with at least 55% marks are eligible.
- M.Phil: A master’s degree in related field with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks is required.
- PhD: Candidates who hold a master’s degree in related field with at least 55% marks or M.Phil degree or valid UGC CSIR/ NET/ GATE/ SLET exam score can apply.
Osmania University Admission Form 2021
The application form for Osmania University Admission 2021 will be released on the official website of the university www.osmania.ac.in. Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria can apply for the admission from the month of April 2021 onwards.
- In the application form, the candidates will have to provide their personal and academic details such as name, date of birth, gender, category, qualifying exam passing year, marks obtained, etc.
- Photograph and signature of the candidates in scanned format should also be uploaded in the application form.
- After providing all the details correctly into the application form, the candidates can proceed with its final submission.
- The application should be submitted online along with the prescribed amount of application fee before the last prescribed date.
- It is suggested that the candidates take a printout of the application form after submission and keep it safe with them for future reference.
- The application fee for Osmania University Admission 2021 will be Rs. 500/- (Rs. 375/- for reserved category candidates).
- Payment of the application fee can be done via online using credit card/ debit card/ net banking.
- The admit card to appear in the Osmania University entrance exam 2021 will be uploaded on the official website.
- Candidates should download their admit card, take its printout and carry it to the exam center with them.
- No candidates will be allowed to enter the exam hall in case of absence of a valid admit card.
- Important details related to the exam like date, time and venue will be printed on the admit card.
- The admit card will be required at the time of admission and therefore should be kept safe by the candidates even after the exam is over.
Osmania University Admission 2021 Result
- The authorities will declare the result of the Osmania University entrance exam through online mode.
- Candidates can check their result by visiting the official website of the university.
- Based on the marks scored by the candidates in the entrance exam, a merit list will be prepared.
- For the courses where no entrance exams are conducted, the list will be drawn on the basis of marks in the qualifying exam or other national or state level exam.
- Candidates will be invited to attend the counseling round as per their names in the merit list.
Osmania University Counseling 2021
- Candidates shortlisted for counseling must report to the university as per the schedule intimated via the official website.
- Reporting candidates must carry with them all the important documents in original and photocopy.
- After the documents of the candidates are successfully verified, they will be granted final admission.
- Selected candidates should then complete the remaining formalities of admission and secure their seat.
Do I need to submit the application form offline?
No. The candidates should fill as well as submit their application form only through online mode.
Can I change the exam center mentioned in my admit card if it is very far away?
No. The exam center as mentioned in the admit card cannot be changed under any condition. Candidates who appear for exam at a center other than the mentioned one will be disqualified.
How can I provide the choice for college and course for Osmania University admission?
The candidates will be allowed to provide their choice for college and course specialization at the time of counseling.
If I am unable to appear for the admissions as per the schedule, what can I do?
Candidates who fail to appear for the admission round will not be considered for admission. No request in this regard will be entertained.
Where can I find the details regarding the counseling and admission process?
Complete details for the counseling and admission process will be made available on the official website of the university and can be checked from there.