OFSS stands for Online Facilitation System for Students (OFSS). It is an online process through which students can take admission into intermediate courses in schools/ colleges across 38 districts of the state of Bihar. Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) is the authority that is responsible for managing OFSS. Through OFSS Bihar Admission 2022 system, students can get admission into intermediate Arts/ Science/ Commerce/ Agriculture courses in different Colleges/Schools (Except Minority Institutions and Residential institutions) affiliated and recognized with Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB). Go through this post to get complete information on OFSS Bihar Admission 2022.
OFSS Bihar Admission 2022 Important Dates
The tentative dates related to the OFSS Bihar Admission 2022 are provided in the following table.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of application form submission||4th week of June 2022|
|Last date to submit the application form||2nd week of August 2022|
|Releasing of the first selection list||3rd week of August 2022|
|Starting of the admission process||3rd week of August 2022|
|Last date to take the admission||4th week of August 2022|
|Sliding process||3rd week of August 2022 to 4th week of August 2022|
OFSS Bihar Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria to fill the OFSS application form are given below.
- Students must have passed the Matriculation Examination or 10th Class or equivalent examination from Bihar School Examination Board, Central Board for Secondary education(CBSE), Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) or any other recognized board.
OFSS Bihar Application Form 2022
Those students who want to apply need to fill and submit the Common Application Form (CAF) before the last date. There are four ways in which you can submit the Common Application Form.
- Through Sahaj Vasudha Kendra
- Through District cum Counselling Centre
- By visiting a cyber cafe
- Filling the application form at home
Through Sahaj Vasudha Kendra
- The government will set 4089 Sahaj Vasudha Kendra across the state of Bihar.
- You should note that the list of all Sahaj Vasudha Kendra is available on the official website.
- After visiting the Sahaj Vasudha Kendra, candidates have to submit Form number 5 (if passed class 10th from Bihar Board) or Form number 6 (if passed class 10th from CBSE or ICSE)
Through District cum Counselling Centre
- The method to fill and submit the application form at the district cum counselling centre is quite similar to Sahaj Suvidha Kendra.
- At the district cum counselling centre, aspirants have to fill Form number 7 and Form number 8.
- The operators available at the district cum counselling centre will help candidates to fill and submit the application form.
Filling the application form through your personal computer or cyber cafe
- To start the process of application form, aspirants have to visit the official website i.e. www.offssbihar.in.
- On the official website, you will have to click on the Common Application Form.
- After that, you should read all the instructions carefully and click on the “I Accept” button.
- Next, you need to provide all your necessary personal, educational, and contact details in the application form.
- Along with the details, aspirants all need to upload a scanned photograph.
- At the time of filling the application form, applicants need to choose at least 10 to a maximum of 20 options.
- After that, you will have to pay the necessary application fee.
- Finally, take a printout of the application form submitted and fee receipt for future requirements.
- The application fee for all candidates is Rs. 350/-
Mode of payment
- The application fee can be paid online using a credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
- Apart from this, application fees can also be paid offline through a bank challan at any branch of Allahabad Bank or SBI.
OFSS Bihar Admission 2022 Result and Merit List
- Once the application form submission process gets over, authorities will verify the documents and prepare a merit list.
- The merit list will be updated online on the official website of BSEB.
- Depending upon the availability of seats, authorities will release 1st, 2nd, and 3rd merit list.
- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks of candidates in the class 10th exam and choice of schools filled by them in the application form.
Counselling and Admission Process
- After the release of the merit list and allotment of schools/ colleges, authorities will make the intimation letter available.
- You will be informed about the release of an intimation letter by SMS/ email.
- The school will be allowed only from the 11 choices submitted by candidates while filling the application form.
- After getting the intimation letter, the selected candidates need to visit the school along with the following documents to complete the admission process.
- Intimation letter in the name of candidates
- Demand draft in the name of School/ College
- Passport size photograph of the student.
- Educational documents like 10th class mark sheet, 10th class certificate
- Migration certificate (if applicable)
- Category certificate (If applicable)
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: What is the motive behind the launch of the OFSS system?
Answer: The motive behind the launch of this system is to make the admission process transparent, reliable, hassle-free, and cost-effective thereby reducing the anxiety of applicants/parents regarding the selection and related queries.
Question – 2: Will there be an entrance test in order to select students for admission?
Answer: No, there will not be any entrance test. The selection of candidates will be based on marks scored by candidates in the class 10th board exam.
Question – 3: Do I have to submit the hard copy of the application form submitted online?
Answer: No, there is no need to submit the hard copy of the application form that you have submitted.
Question – 4: How many merit lists for OFSS Bihar Admission 2022 will release?
Answer: It depends upon the availability of seats. However, it is expected that at least 3 merit lists will release.