Check here the list of Nursing entrance exams 2022 conducted at state and national level for Diploma, B.Sc Nursing, M.Sc Nursing, ANM and GNM courses.
Nursing and healthcare are considered as the major sectors globally providing a wide range of career opportunities to the aspirants. There are wide number of courses offered in this field at diploma, undergraduate to postgraduate levels. Various nursing courses are conducted by the medical institutes situated all over the country to provide the interested candidates the necessary skills to pursue a career as a professional nurse. Nursing entrance exam 2022 will be conducted by these institutes for the purpose of selecting candidates for enrolment into these courses.
The candidates can apply for diploma in GNM/ ANM, B.Sc nursing and M.Sc nursing courses depending on their interest and eligibility. This article provides the candidates the basic details of some of the best Nursing Entrance exam 2022 along with the eligibility to appear in these courses.
Nursing Entrance Exam 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The interested candidates should meet the following eligibility criteria to appear for the Nursing Entrance Exam 2022:
Eligibility for ANM
- Minimum age limit- 17b years as on 31st Dec of the year of admission
- Maximum age- 35 years
- Minimum educational qualification: 10 + 2 in Arts (Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Biotechnology, Political Science, Economics, History, Business Studies, Geography, Accountancy, Sociology, Home Science, Psychology, and Philosophy) and English Core/English Elective or Science or Health care Science – Vocational stream ONLY passing out from a recognized Board.
- Medical: Candidates need to be medically fit.
- Candidates who have cleared 10+2 Arts or Science exam by National Institute of Open School.
- Candidates would be admitted only once a year.
Eligibility for GNM
- 10+2 with English (40% marks in the qualifying exam and English separately). Students from open school recognized by State Government and NIOS are also eligible. Though, candidates from Science background will be preferred.
- 10+2 with English (40% of marks in vocational ANM course from a school recognized by Indian Nursing council).
- 10+2 with English (40% marks in Vocational Stream-Health care Science from a recognized CBSE board/Centre).
- Candidate should be a registered ANM with required pass marks.
- Minimum age: 17 years as on 31st December of the year of admission
- Upper age: 35 yrs
- There is no age bar for ANM/LHV.
Candidates should be medically fit.
- Minimum age: 17 years on 31st December of the year of admission.
- Minimum education: Candidates should have passed 10+2 exam with Science (PCB) & English Core/English Elective with aggregate of 45% marks from recognized board under AISSCE/ ICSE/ CBSE/SSCE/HSCE or other equivalent Board.
- Candidates are required to be medically fit.
- Students cleared 10+2 exam with 45% marks from NIOS.
Post Basic B. Sc. (N)
- Candidates should have passed 10+2/senior secondary/higher secondary/intermediate from a university for this purpose. Those did 10+1 in or before 1986 are also eligible for admission.
- Should have a certificate in General Nursing and Midwifery and registered as R.N.R.M. with the State Nurses Registration Council. Male nurse who was trained before the implementation of the new integrated course besides being registered as a nurse with State Nurses Registration Council, shall produce evidence of training approved by Indian Nursing Council for a similar duration in lieu of midwifery in any one of the following areas:
- Ophthalmic Nursing
- O.T. Techniques
- Leprosy Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing
- TB Nursing
- Neurological and Neuro surgical Nursing
- Cancer Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Orthopedic Nursing
- Candidates should be medically fit.
- Student needs to be a Registered midwife and Registered Nurse or equivalent from any State Nursing Registration Council.
- Minimim education- .Sc. Nursing/B.Sc. Hons. Nursing/Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing with minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
- At least 1 year of experience upon Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- At least 1 year of experience before or after Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
Note: The above-mentioned eligibility criteria are just an overview and for complete details the candidates are advised to visit the official website of the institute for which they wish to apply for.
Nusring Course Structure
|Nursing Programs||Training Period||Exam||Registration|
|Ph D||3-5 years||University||Additional Qualification|
|M. Phil||1 year (Full time)
2 years (part time)
|M. Sc.||2 years||University||Additional Qualification|
|B.Sc (Post Basic)||Regular: 2 yrs
Distance: 3 yrs
|B. Sc (Basic)||4 years||University||R.N & R.M|
|General Nursing & Midwifery||3 and 1/2 years
3 years from 2015-2016
|Nursing Examination Board||R.N & R.M|
|Auxiliary Nurse & Midwife||2 years||Nursing Examination Board||R.ANM|
List of the top Nursing Entrance Exam 2022
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences provides admissions to the candidates into B.Sc courses offered in the field of Dental Hygiene, Operation Theatre Technology, etc. The interested and eligible candidates will be able to submit their application form in online mode from the month of March (tentatively). The entrance test for the admissions will be conducted hopefully in the month of June.
An entrance exam is conducted by the JIPMER in order to select the candidates for enrolment into its nursing programmes. The process of registration begins from the month of April and the entrance exam is held tentatively in the month of June. All the interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria can submit their application in online mode. The entrance test will also be conducted in online mode.
The North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health & Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS) offers the applicants admissions into the 4-year B.Sc nursing course. For this purpose, it conducts an entrance exam and those who qualify this exam will be considered for admissions. The candidates who have passed their HSC or equivalent exam with at least 45% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English are eligible for the entrance test.
Nursing Entrance Exam for Guru Shri Gorakshnath School of Nursing
The Guru Shri Gorakshnath School of Nursing conducts entrance exam to enroll the candidates into its GNM (General Nursing Midwifery) and ANM (Auxiliary Nursing Midwifery) diploma courses. The candidates can fill their application form and make the application fee payment in online mode. The hard copy of confirmation page and payment receipt needs to be submitted in offline mode to the school.
Admissions into the 4-year B.Sc nursing courses offered by the constituent colleges of Himachal Pradesh University are done on the basis of entrance test. The application form is made available in the month of May in online mode and the candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria can submit their application. The entrance exam is generally held in the month of July.
NIMHANS Nursing Entrance Exam
The National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences organizes online entrance test to provide admissions to the candidates into its B.Sc and M.Sc nursing courses. Separate entrance exams are conducted for B.Sc and M.Sc courses. The candidates can submit their online application form from the official website of the institute. The application form is released in the month of May and the exam is conducted in the month of June (tentatively).
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here