According to a latest notification released by GMAC, NMAT 2022 additional registration window is now open from 3rd January 2022 and close by 9th January 2022. Those who couldn’t register last time they can register in this given period. Many top business schools of the country (and some outside countries as well) accept score of NMAT by GMAC for admission to their management courses. The test is scheduled to be conducted through online mode from 11th to 15th January 2022. Through single registration, the candidates can apply for management programmes offered by five B-schools. Get detailed information related to NMAT 2022 such as important dates, registration process, exam pattern, etc from this article.
NMAT 2022 additional registration window is now active from 3rd January 2022 to 9th January 2022. The exam will be held from 11th January to 15th January 2022.
NMAT 2022 application form has been released now.
NMAT 2022 Important Dates
Check out the tentative schedule for NMAT 2022 in the table below:
|Online registration process||3rd August 2021 to 10th November 2021|
|Exam scheduling process||3rd August 2021 to 17th November 2021|
|Rescheduling of exam will start from||3rd August 2021 to 24th December 2021|
|Commencement of late registration process||11th November 2021|
|Last date for late registration||15th November 2021|
|Registration begins for retake exam||15th October 2021|
|Last date to register for retake exam||24th December 2021|
|Beginning of scheduling for retake exam||—|
|Last date to reschedule for retake exam||—|
|Date of admission test||14th October to 27th December 2021|
|Last date for downloading the score card||—|
NMAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below can apply for NMAT 2022:
- Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in any stream from a recognized university are eligible to apply for NMAT.
- Those in the final year of their qualifying degree who will clear the exam before the admission process begins in the participating institutes are eligible too.
- Every participating institute has its own eligibility criteria for admission that must also be checked before applying for admission.
NMAT Application Form 2022
The candidates can apply online for NMAT 2022 by visiting the official website nmat.org.in. Candidates will first have to create an account after which they can begin the registration process.
- In the registration form, the candidates will have to provide their basic personal details, academic details, contact details, work experience details, etc.
- Choice for programmes and colleges to which the candidates wish to send their scores should also be provided in the application form.
- Photograph and signature of the candidates in scanned format should be uploaded into the application form.
- Duly-filled application form can then be submitted on or before the last date along with the prescribed application fee.
- After successful submission of application form, the students can proceed with the scheduling of their exam.
Check out the application fee structure for NMAT 2022 below:
- Registration fee: INR 2000 + applicable taxes
- Late registration fee: INR 2500 + applicable taxes
- Retake exam fee: INR 2000 + applicable taxes
- Fee for additional score reports (beyond first five): INR 200 per Score Report + applicable taxes
- Exam rescheduling charges: INR 1100 + applicable taxes
Mode of payment:
- Candidates can pay the NMAT application fee through online mode using internet banking/ credit card/ debit card.
Scheduling exam and registration in participating university
- After registration fee payment is done, the option to schedule the admission test will get activated in the dashboard of the candidates.
- Candidates can then pick the slot and exam center for appearing in the test as per their choice and availability.
- Other than this, the candidates are also required to visit the official website of the participating institute in which they seek admission and complete the registration process.
- Upon successful registration, an email containing the unique registration number will be sent on the registered email address of the candidates.
NMAT 2022 Exam Pattern
The basic overview for NMAT exam pattern 2022 is provided below:
- Mode of exam: Online mode
- Duration of exam: 2 hours
- Number of questions: 120
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 360
- Marking Scheme: For each right answer 3 marks will be awarded.
- Negative marking: There is no provision for negative marking.
|Topics||No. of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|Language Skills||32 questions||96 marks||22 minutes|
|Logical Reasoning||40 questions||120 marks||38 minutes|
|Quantitative Skills||48 questions||144 marks||60 minutes|
|Total||120 questions||360 marks||120 minutes|
NMAT Admit Card 2022
- Admit card to appear in admission test will be released for the candidates whose exam slots are booked successfully.
- The admit cards can be downloaded from the dashboard of the candidate using their application details.
- Candidates must carry a printout of the admit card while reporting for the exam or else they will be denied entry in the exam hall.
- Other than this, the candidates should also carry a valid photo identity proof in original, along with the admit card.
- It is advised that the candidates keep their admit card safe till the admission process is over.
NMAT 2022 Result
- Candidates will be able to check the result, or say score of the NMAT exam from the official website of NMAT.
- Scores will be released around 4 to 5 weeks after the admission test. A notification regarding the same will be sent on the registered email address of the candidates.
- To download the score card, the candidates will have to login to their dashboard.
- On the score card, the total score, scaled score for each section and the percentile ranking of the candidates will be mentioned.
- The scores will then be sent to the schools selected by the candidates at the time of registration.
Admission based on NMAT score
- After the scores are obtained by the schools, qualified candidates will be communicated about the admission process.
- The admission process varies from one participating institute to another and the details about the same will be provide by concerned institute.
- Group discussion, personal interview, etc will be conducted by the institutes and other selection criteria will be applied as applicable.
- Candidates are suggested to visit the official website of the specific institute to get the details about the admission process.
NMAT FAQs 2022
Is it possible to make changes in the already submitted application form?
The candidates can change their school preference at any time after the form is submitted. No other change is however possible.
At what exam centers, the admission test will be conducted?
- East: Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Jamshedpur, Kolkata, Patna, Ranchi, Shillong
- West: Aurangabad, Rajkot, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nasik, Pune, Pilani, Surat, Vadodara
- Central: Bhopal, Indore, Jabalpur, Raipur
- North: Agra, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Delhi, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Jammu, Kanpur, Lucknow, Noida, Patiala, Varanasi
- South: Bengaluru, Chennai, Kochi, Hyderabad, Manipal, Mysore, Tiruchirappalli, Vellore, Vizag, Vijayawada
- Nepal: Kathmandu
- Bhutan: Thimphu
- Bangladesh: Dhaka
- Sri Lanka: Colombo
How many times can one take the NMAT?
Candidate can take the NMAT exam up to a maximum of 3 times (first attempt plus 2 retake attempts) including no shows. There should be a mandatory gap of 15 days between two attempts.
Will I receive my NMAT score card through post?
No. The score card of NMAT will only be released for download on the official website.
Is it possible to take the exam from one’s home?
Yes. NMAT by GMAC can be taken from the comfort of home as well.
If a test taker completes answering a section before the allotted time can balance time be transferred to another section?
No. If a test taker completes answering a section before the allotted section time expires, the balance time cannot be added to the next section’s allotted time