Candidates desirous of admission into the PhD course of NIT Patna need to submit their application form first. The process of admission will begin with the release of the application form tentatively in the month of January 2022 for even semester and May 2022 for off semester. Selection of the candidates for admission will be done on the basis of their performance in interview conducted by various departments. Find complete details of the NIT Patna PhD Admission 2022 from this article below.
NIT Patna PhD Admission Important Dates 2022
Check out the important dates related to NIT Patna PhD Admission 2022 from the table below:
|For even semester||For odd semester|
|Publication of official notification||January 2022, 1st week||May 2022, 3rd week|
|Release of online application form||January 2022, 2nd week||June 2022, 2nd week|
|Last date to submit the application form||January 2022, 3rd week||June 2022, 2nd week|
|Display of list of candidates shortlisted for exam & interview||January 2022, 3rd week||June 2022, 3rd week|
|Document verification, entrance test & interview||January 2022, 3rd week||June 2022, 3rd week|
|Result declaration||January 2022, 4th week||June 2022, 4th week|
|Starting of admission process||January 2022, 4th week||July 2022, 1st week|
|Commencement of classes||February 2022, 1st week||July 2022, 1st week|
Eligibility Criteria for NIT Patna PhD Admission 2022
Candidates with following qualification will be eligible for admission to the PhD programme of the institute.
- M.Tech/ ME/ M.Arch/ M.Planning/ M.Design/ M.Sc/ M.Com/ MBA/ MA or equivalent degree in relevant and related discipline, with at least 6.5 CGPA (in the scale of 10) or 60 percent marks in aggregate from a recognized technical institute or university is required. Previous degree may also be in related discipline.
- Candidates with M.Tech/ ME/ M.Arch/ M.Planning/ M.Design/ M.Sc/ M.Com/ MBA/ MA or equivalent degree from IITs/ NITs/ CFTI/ SFTI or Central/ State University in relevant discipline are required to produce a proof of having qualified GATE/ JAM/ JEST/ CAT or equivalent national eligibility test while taking admission in the master degree in the relevant discipline or has qualified in one of the national eligibility tests.
- B.Tech/ BE/ B.Arch or equivalent degree in relevant discipline with first class or 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA with a valid GATE/ NET/ equivalent national eligibility test qualifying score is mandatory. The sponsored candidates are exempted from GATE/ NET/ national level test qualification.
- Sponsored candidates are exempted from GATE/ NET/ national level test qualification.
NIT Patna PhD Admission 2022 Application Process
The application form for NIT Patna PhD Admission 2022 will be released through online mode. Candidates can apply for the admission process by visiting the official website of the institute www.nitp.ac.in.
- Application form can be filled by providing personal details like name, gender, category, date of birth, phone number, email id, etc.
- Academic details like qualifying year passing marks, marks obtained, etc will also be asked in the application form.
- The candidates will also have to upload their photograph and signature into the application form in scanned format.
- After providing the details as asked into the application form, the candidates can submit their applications.
- A printout of the application form should be taken to be kept safe by the candidates for future reference.
- Application fee is Rs. 1500/- for General/ OBC/ EWS/Sponsored category and Rs. 750/- for SC/ ST/ PWD category.
- Candidates can make payment of application fee through online mode.
NIT Patna PhD 2022 Interview
- The name of the shortlisted candidates eligible for the admission test and online interview shall be displayed on the institute’s website.
- In online interview, candidates’ depth of knowledge in domain/ research subjects and aptitude for research will be tested.
- Each candidate will be evaluated out of 100 maximum marks. Out of 100 marks, 50 marks is for academic record, and 50 marks is for interview.
- Candidates who clear the interview round successfully will be allowed to participate in further process of admission.
NIT Patna PhD Result & Admission Process 2022
- Merit list will be prepared based on total marks acquired by candidate that is marks obtained in academic record + marks obtained in interview and availability of seats.
- Selected candidates are required to report for admission on due date and time. No separate selection letter will be sent to any candidate.
- Reporting candidates should carry with them all the important documents with them in original as well as photocopy.
- Documents of the candidates along with their eligibility will be verified after which they will be offered final admission.
The candidates should carry the following documents with them while reporting for admission:
- Admission Form
- Affidavit by the student regarding anti-ragging
- Affidavit by the parent/ guardian regarding anti-ragging
- Medical certificate should be issued from the registered Medical Practitioners/ Govt. Doctors
- Undertaking on stamp paper of Rs. 100/- regarding refund of scholarship in the case of withdrawal from M.Tech/ MURP/ M.Arch program without completing (for full time candidate only)
- GATE score card for candidates with M.Tech/ ME/ M.Arch/ M.Planning/ M.Design/ M.Sc/ M.Com/ MBA/ MA or equivalent degree
- GATE score card for candidate with B.Tech/ BE/ B.Arch or equivalent degree (for full time candidate only)
- Four passport size photographs
- Original Conduct Certificate from the University/ Deemed University/ Institute/ school last attended
- Original Migration & or Transfer Certificate from the University/ Deemed University/ Institute last attended
- Certificate of sponsorship, if applicable
- No Objection certificate from parent employer, if applicable
- Proof of Admission fee paid to NIT Patna
- Photo identity card issued by govt. agency/ last attended school/ Class XII admit card
- Date of birth proof (Class X mark sheet/ pass certificate)
- Class XII (or equivalent) board mark sheet and Pass certificate
- Qualifying Examination (M.Tech/ ME/ M.Sc Engineering/ M.Arch/ MURP/ B.Tech/ BE/ B.Arch): All Marks Sheets/ Grade Cards and Passing Certificate
- Category certificate (GEN-EWS/ OBC-NCL/ SC/ ST), if applicable
- Certificate for Persons with Disabilities (PWD) for disability more than 40%, if applicable
NIT Patna PhD Admission 2022 FAQs
Is there any way I can make corrections in the application form after submission?
No provision for making correction in the application form after its submission will be provided to the candidates.
Is there any special provision for candidates of reserved category?
Minimum CGPA/ marks percentage shall be relaxed by 0.5 CGPA or 5 percent in case of candidates belonging to the SC/ ST/ PWD categories in all cases.
Can I apply for the exam through offline mode?
No. The application form for NIT Patna PhD admission will only be released through online mode.
What is the structure of fellowship awarded to the selected candidates?
Institute Research Fellowship will be available to the eligible students as per MHRD, GOI norms.
In case of query, whom should I contact?
For any query, please contact on:
Phone: (0612) 237-1929, 237-0843, Ext. 247, 263, 108
Fax: (0612) 2670631
Email id: [email protected]