National Institute of Technology (NIT), Nagaland has invited applicants for admission to part-time and full time PhD program for the upcoming session. The concerned authority is offering PhD program under the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Sociology and English. Related information of NIT, Nagaland PhD admission such as its eligibility criteria, how to apply, important dates, selection procedure etc can be found here in this article.
NIT, Nagaland PhD Admission Important Dates
- Last date to submit the filled in application form: December
NIT, Nagaland PhD Admission Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D in Humanities and Sciences Programs (Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Sociology and English):
- Only those candidates are eligible for admission to Ph.D in Humanities and Sciences programs who have completed Master’s degree in relevant discipline or its equivalent along with good academic record and a valid UGC / CSIR-NET/GATE/NBHM or its equivalent.
Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D in Engineering Programs
Candidates need to fulfill following criteria for admission to PhD in Engineering program:
- Candidates should have Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology along with consistent good academic record or M.S. by research in Engineering/Technology disciplines with considerable academic record.
- Candidates having Master’s degree in Science with considerable academic record and outstanding merit can get admission to mentioned program. They also have a genuine GATE score or NBHM/UGC / CSIR-NET or its equivalent in the relevant domain.
How to Apply for NIT, Nagaland PhD Admission?
- Candidates first need to download the application form from its official website.
- Thereafter, the filled in application form along with demand draft of Rs. 600/-(Rs.300/- for SC/ST category candidates) and related enclosures needs to be sent to the office of the Director, National Institute of Technology Nagaland, Chumukedima, Dimapur – 797 103. The demand draft needs to be drawn in favour of Director, NIT Nagaland, payable at Chumukedima, Dimapur.
NIT, Nagaland Selection Procedure for PhD Program
- Performance of candidates in the interview/test and their academic record will be considered during selection procedure.
- GATE/NET qualified students will be given more preference.
Candidates are welcome to share their questions via comment box specified below.