By going through this article candidates can retrieve all details regarding NIT, Jalandhar PhD admission 2017 which includes its eligibility criteria, how to apply, important dates, selection procedure etc. Dr B. R. Ambedkar National Institute of Technology (NIT), Jalandhar has recently announced the notification for PhD program in Sciences, Engineering, Humanities and Management for the upcoming academic session. The institute is offering PhD program under the department of Textile Technology, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Physics, Humanities & Management, Mathematics and Chemistry.
NIT, Jalandhar PhD Admission Important Dates
If you’d like to check out the important dates associated with NIT, Jalandhar PhD admission then I recommend you to go through information furnished below:
- Last date for submission of the application form: December
- List of eligible candidates will be displayed: December
- Written test date: December
- Interview/presentation will be organized on: January
- List of selected candidates will be displayed: January
NIT, Jalandhar PhD Admission Eligibility Criteria
Would you like to gather information related to NIT, Jalandhar PhD Admission eligibility criteria? If so, then this section is going to be helpful for you at its extreme level. Please check here the eligibility criteria for admission to PhD program at NIT, Jalandhar:
- Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D in Humanities & Management Programs
Candidates who hold Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology in the related area of research and graduation degree in Engineering/Technology with securing first class or 60% or 6.5 CGPA are eligible to apply for admission to PhD in Humanities & Management program.
- Eligibility Criteria for PhD in Engineering Programs
Candidates should have Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology in the related area of research and bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with securing first class or 60% or 6.5 CGPA.
- Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D. in Science Programs
Candidates having Master’s degree in appropriate branch of Sciences and obtained first class or 60% or 6.5 CGPA in the qualifying exam are eligible to apply for PhD in Science Programs.
How to Apply for NIT, Jalandhar PhD Admission?
Candidates can go through the application procedure for admission to PhD program at NIT, Jalandhar:
- It is possible to apply online.
- Candidates who are applying for more than one program need to submit separate application for the same.
- The concerned authority has specified the application fee as Rs. 1000/- (Rs.500/- for SC/ST category candidates).
- Candidates need to send the hard copy of application form along with necessary certificates to the concerned Head of Department. “Application for admission to Ph.D (full time) in the department of ——–” should be clearly specified on the envelope.
NIT Jalandhar Selection Procedure for Admission to PhD Program
- An entrance test will be organized by the respective department and candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the same.
- Candidates belonging to general category are required to score at least 40% marks i.e. 24 out of 60 whereas, OBC/SC/ST candidates need to obtain 35% marks i.e. 21 out of 60.
- Finally the shortlisted candidates will be called for presentation and interview for the final selection.