Candidates are selected for admission into the PhD degree program of NIT Durgapur on the basis of their performance in an admission test and interview. Interested and eligible candidates who wish to be considered for admission can submit their application form through online mode. The institute offers enrolment twice a year- for even semester and odd semester. Detailed information related to the NIT Durgapur PhD Admission 2022 process likes eligibility criteria, important dates, FAQs, etc are provided here in this article.
NIT Durgapur PhD Admission Important Dates 2022
Check out the tentative dates related to NIT Durgapur PhD Admission 2022 in the table below:
|For even semester||For odd semester|
|Availability of online application form||To be notified later||To be notified later|
|Last date for online form submission||January 2022, 4th week||September 2022, 3rd week|
|Verification of documents and uploading of remaining documents, if any||January 2022, 4th week||September 2022, 3rd week|
|Publication of list of applied candidates||January 2022, 4th week||September 2022, 4th week|
|Release of list of candidates shortlisted for admission test and interview||January 2022, last week||September 2022, 4th week|
|Date of admission test and interview||January 2022, last week||September 2022, last week|
|Announcement of result||February 2022, 1st week||October 2022, 1st week|
|Online admission and enrollment of selected candidates||February 2022, 1st week||October 2022, 1st week|
|Publication of availability of seats from the waiting list||To be notified later||To be notified later|
|Date of admission of candidates from waitlist, if required||To be notified later||To be notified later|
|Date of physical reporting to the institute||To be notified later||To be notified later|
Eligibility Criteria for NIT Durgapur PhD Admission 2022
The department-wise eligibility criteria for appearing in the NIT Durgapur PhD admission test are provided below:
- Biotechnology (BT): B.Tech/ M.Tech/ MS/ M.Sc in relevant subjects
- Civil Engineering (CE): B.Tech/ BE or equivalent in Civil Engineering/ Construction Engineering/ Earthquake Engineering/ Structural Engineering/ Aerospace Engineering or in any branch of Engineering that may be considered for research areas consistent with Civil/ allied Engineering, with or without ME/ M.Tech/ MS in the relevant discipline or 5-year Integrated/ dual degree M.Tech in Civil Engineering/ Construction Engineering/ Structural Engineering/ Earthquake Engineering/ Aerospace Engineering
- Chemical Engineering (CH):
- Category A: BE/ B.Tech in Chemical Engineering/ Chemical Technology/ Mechanical Engineering/ Metallurgical/ Metallurgical & Materials Engineering/ Civil Engineering/ Biotechnology with or without ME/ M.Tech/ MS in any relevant discipline or 5-year Integrated/ dual degree M.Tech in Chemical Engineering with no repeating of any class
- Category B to J: BE/ B.Tech or equivalent in Chemical Engineering or in any relevant discipline or ME/ M.Tech or equivalent in Chemical Engineering or in any relevant discipline or 5-year Integrated/ dual degree M.Tech in Chemical Engineering or any relevant discipline or M.Sc in any relevant discipline
- Computer Science & Engineering (CS): 4-year UG programme in Engineering/ Technology in CSE/ IT/ ECE/ EE or an allied area or 2-Year PG programme in Engineering/ Technology in CSE/ IT/ ECE/ EE or MCA/ M.Sc (Computer Science)
- Chemistry (CY): M.Sc or M.Tech in Chemistry/ Chemical Science or Technology/ Engineering/ Biochemistry/ Biological Science/ Environmental Science or Technology/ Engineering/ Material Science or Technology/ Engineering (Plastics, Polymer, Corrosion, Nanotechnology and related areas. In addition, Chemistry should be one of the subjects at UG levels.
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (EC): 4-year undergraduate programme in Engineering/ Technology in ECE/ EE/ CSE/ IT/ EI or an allied area or M.Sc (Physics) with specialization in Electronics/ Radio Physics and Electronics/ Material Science or M.Sc (Electronics Science)/ M.Sc (Electronics) or 2-year postgraduate programme in Engineering/ Technology in ECE/ EE/ CSE/ IT/ EI or an allied area or Integrated postgraduate programme in Engineering or Technology in ECE/ EE/ CSE/ IT/ EI
- Electrical Engineering (EE): BE/ B.Tech or equivalent degree in Electrical Engineering/ Electrical & Electronics Engineering/ Electronics and Communication/ Telecommunication Engineering/ Computer Science Engineering/ Electrical, Electronics & Computer Science Engineering/ Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering/ Instrumentation Engineering/ Instrumentation and Control Engineering and ME/ M.Tech/ MS or any equivalent postgraduate degree in relevant disciplines with indicative broad area of research available in Power System/ Electrical Machines/ Power Electronics & Machine Drives/ High Voltage Engineering/ Control System/ Instrumentation/ Measurement Instrumentation & Control/ Bio-Medical Instrumentation/ Energy Systems/ Renewal Energy Systems/ Power Plant Engineering/ Internet Of Things (IOT)/ Embedded System/ Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Image Processing
- Mathematics (MA): PG degree in Mathematics, Physics, Bio Science and Medical Science or M.Tech in any discipline
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering (MM): B.Tech in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Production Engineering/ Ceramic Engineering/ Manufacture Engineering/ Materials Science/ Aeronautical Engineering/ Aerospace Engineering/ Nanoscience and Nanotechnology or M.Tech in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Production Engineering/ Ceramic Engineering/ Manufacture Engineering/ Materials Science/ Aeronautical Engineering/ Aerospace Engineering/ Nanoscience and Nanotechnology or M.Sc in Physics or Chemistry
- Management Studies (MS): MBA with Specialization in Marketing or Finance or HR or HR & OB or Systems & Operations or postgraduate degree either in Economics or Statistics or Commerce or Psychology or Applied Psychology or Political Science or Sociology or B.Tech/ M.Tech with interest in doing research in the field of Finance or Quantitative Finance or Marketing or HR or HR & OB or Systems & Operations
NIT Durgapur PhD Admission 2022 Application Process
The NIT Durgapur PhD Admission application form 2022 can be obtained by visiting the official website of the institute www.admin.nitdgp.ac.in. Candidates who wish to be considered for the admission must submit their applications on time.
- Candidates will be required to provide their personal details such as name, date of birth, gender, address, email id, mobile number, etc in the application form.
- Academic details related to qualifying exam like university name, year of passing, passing status, marks obtained, etc will also be asked.
- Scanned copies of photograph and signature of the candidates along with other important documents need to be uploaded in the form as well.
- After providing all the details in the form, the candidates can submit it online with the specified application fee.
- The candidates should keep a hard copy of the application form with them in case of future reference.
- The candidates belonging to general category need to pay Rs. 1500/- and those of reserved category need to pay Rs. 1000/- as application fee.
- Payment of application fee can be done through online mode (NEFT/ IMPS). Bank details for the same are given as follows-
Name of the account: National Institute of Technology Durgapur
Account Number: 8569101000352
Name of the Bank: Canara Bank
Name of the branch: NIT Durgapur
IFSC Code: CNRB0008569
Scanned copies of the following documents should be uploaded in the online application form:
- Marks sheet of secondary, higher secondary board and other university examinations
- Relevant document showing CGPA-Percentage of marks conversion as followed in the qualifying degree awarding University
- Certificate/ provisional certificate of all the qualifying examinations
- Proof of date of birth
- Community certificate (SC/ ST/ OBC) from a competent authority, if applicable
- Relevant certificate in case of EWS candidates from a competent authority
- Person with Disability (PWD) certificate from a competent authority
- Valid NET qualification certificate, as applicable
- Payment proof of application fees
- Photo identity proof
- Address proof
- Any other relevant document
NIT Durgapur PhD Admission Test and Interview
- Documents uploaded by the candidates will be verified by the respective departments after successful submission of application.
- A list of candidates shortlisted for admission will be made by the respective departments based on the online documents submitted by them.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be intimated for the admission test and interview round on the notified date.
- Candidates who clear both the admission test and interview round will be considered for final admission.
NIT Durgapur PhD Result & Admission Process 2022
- List of names of candidates who are qualified for admission will be published on the website of the institute.
- Selected candidates will be intimated about the further admission process through the official website only.
- Candidates should report to the institute assigned to them in the provided time period to complete the formalities of admission.
- Failing to report for the admission will lead to rejection of the candidature of the applicants.
NIT Durgapur PhD Admission 2022 FAQs
How can I make correction in my submitted application form?
Once the application form is submitted online, you will not be able to make any kind of changes in it.
Can I get a refund on my application fee if I don’t want to take admission?
The application fee once submitted will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Do I also need to send the copies of important documents to the institute?
No. All the documents should only be uploaded online and there is no need to send the copies of important documents to the institute.
Result of my qualifying exam is not out yet. Can I apply for PhD admission?
Candidates appearing in their qualifying exam in 2022 who will clear the exam before the beginning of admission process can apply for the admission.
What if an ineligible candidate is able to secure admission?
Such candidates will be debarred from continuing their course at any time ineligibility is discovered. Any kind of fees submitted will be forfeited.