The admission notification has announced by NIT Agartala for admission to its PhD program in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Production Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry for the upcoming year. We recommend candidates to read this article as here they will find complete associated information which includes eligibility criteria, how to apply, important dates, selection procedure etc.
NIT, Agartala PhD Admissions Important Dates
- Last date to submit the application form: December
- Publication of shortlisted candidates: January
- Interview/ written test will be organized on: January
- Name of selected candidates will be published on: January
NIT, Agartala PhD Admissions Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria for PhD in Engineering Programs
- Candidates hold Master’s degree in Engineering or Technology or its equivalent from a recognized university along with obtained at least 6.5 CGPA out of 10 or 60% marks.
- Candidates should have graduated in Engineering/ Technology along with outstanding academic record and 9.0 CGPA out of 10 or 85% marks. Candidates also have a valid GATE score.
Candidates who are looking for admission to PhD program in Science departments should have a Master’s degree in the relevant discipline along with obtaining 6.5 CGPA out of 10.0 or 55% marks.
How to Apply for NIT, Agartala PhD Admissions?
Here is the procedure; you need to follow the same in order to apply for NIT, Agartala PhD Admissions:
- Candidates need to complete the application procedure in online mode.
- Along with that, candidates need to pay the application fee of Rs. 500/- (for OP and OB category) and Rs. 300/- (for SC and ST category). So, as per your category pay the application fee as we have specified in this article.
NIT Agartala Selection Procedure for PhD Program
- Once the application process is over, candidates will be shortlisted based on their eligibility.
- Thereafter, the shortlisted candidates will be called for interview at the concerned department. Interview will be written as well as oral.
- Selection will be made as per the candidate’s performance in the test/interview. Availability of seats also holds a very important role during selection procedure.
If you are looking for more details regarding NIT, Agartala PhD admissions, visit the official website of NIT, Agartala i.e. https://www.nita.ac.in/phd/Instructions.aspx.