For admission into 5-year Integrated M.Sc Program at National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai-Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS) Mumbai, NEST 2022 will be conducted. The interested and eligible candidates can apply for the entrance test in online mode from the month of January 2022. The test will also be conducted in online mode hopefully in the month of June. The candidates can get the complete details of the NEST 2022 such as exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility criteria, admit card, etc from this article.
NEST 2022 Important Dates
The tentative dates related to NEST 2022 are given below. The dates will be updated after their official announcement.
|Availability of online application form||1st week of January 2022|
|Closing on online application||1st week of March 2022|
|Admit card release||4th week of April 2022|
|Date of entrance exam||1st week of June 2022|
|Declaration of result||3rd week of June 2022|
NEST 2022 Application Form
The interested candidates can apply online for NEST 2022. The application form will be released on the official website www.nestexam.in from the month of January onwards. The candidates must read the complete instructions before they fill out their application form.
- The whole process of application will only be online- form filling, submission and fee payment.
- The candidates will have to provide their personal and educational details into the application form.
- Scanned copies of photograph and signature might also be required in the form.
- After providing all the details into the form, the candidates can submit it along with the prescribed application fee.
- The candidates must download a copy of filled-in application form and keep it safe for future reference.
- There is no need to send the hard copy of the application form to the office of the institute.
- The application fee submission can be made using credit card/ debit card/ net banking through online payment gateway.
- The application fee will be Rs. 1000/- for General/ OBC male candidates and Rs. 500/- for Female/ SC/ ST/ PwD category candidates.
Eligibility Criteria for NEST 2022
The following eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by the candidates:
- The candidates should have passed their class 12th or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- The candidates should have studied any 3 of the following subjects in class 11th and 12th: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
- A minimum of 60% marks in aggregate (55% for SC/ ST/ PWD candidates) must be scored by the candidates in their class 12th
- The candidates who have passed the class 12th board exams in the year 2020 or 2021 are eligible.
- Those appearing in the exam in the year 2022 can also apply. However, such candidates must pass the exam before admission.
- The applicants who are born on or after 1st August 2001 will only be eligible. A relaxation of 5 years will be given to the SC/ ST/ PWD candidates.
NEST Admit Card
The NEST 2022 admit card will be made available only in online mode and the candidates can download their admit card by logging into their account. The download link will be available from the fourth week of April to the day of the exam. The candidates must take a printout of the admit card and carry it to the exam center on the day of the exam. The admit card must be kept safe as it will also be required at the time of admission.
NEST 2022 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of NEST 2022 is given below:
- Type of questions: Objective type questions will be asked.
- Mode of exam: The exam will be conducted in online mode (computer-based test).
- Question paper medium: All the questions will be in English.
- Duration: The duration of the exam will be 3 hours.
NET 2022 Syllabus
The NEST exam syllabus 2022 is given below as:
- General section: Questions to test general ability, qualitative and quantitative aptitude, and knowledge about astronomy, computer science and environment will be covered.
- Biology: Cell Biology, Genetics and Evolution, Ecology, Humans and Environment, Biotechnology, Biology of Animal systems, Biology of Plant systems and Systematics
- Chemistry: Gaseous & liquid states, Mole concept, Atomic structure, Surface chemistry, s-Block elements, Coordination compounds, Metals and metallurgy, Alkenes and Alkynes, Aromatic compounds, etc
- Mathematics: Algebra, Logarithms and their properties, Permutations and combinations, Binomial theorem, Trigonometry, Analytical geometry, Differential calculus, etc
- Physics: Units and dimensions, Mechanics, Law of gravitation, Sound and mechanical waves, Electricity and magnetism, Electric current, Modern physics, Optics, etc
The NEST 2022 exam result is expected to be announced in the month of June. The candidates who have appeared successfully for the exam can check their result by vision the official website. Depending on the number of marks scored by the candidates in the entrance test, a merit list of the qualified candidates will be prepared. The applicants who are declared as qualified will be eligible for admissions into 5-year integrated M.Sc programme. After the eligibility criteria and the documents’ of the candidates are verified, they will be offered final enrolment.