The National Board of Education will conduct the NEET PG 2023 to shortlist the candidates for admission to MD/ MS/ Post Graduate Diploma Courses offered by medical institutes of the country. The application form for the exam might be available from February 2023 and the entrance exam will be conducted on 5th March 2023. Candidates who meet the basic eligibility can apply for the admissions also through online mode. Get complete details of the exam and admission process from this post.
Table of Contents
NEET PG 2023 Important Dates
Check out the tentative dates related to NEET PG 2023 from the table below:
|Official information bulletin release date||February 2023|
|Availability of online application form||To be updated|
|Last date to submit the application form||To be updated|
|Issue of admit card||To be updated|
|Examination date||5th March 2023|
|Declaration of result||To be updated|
NEET PG 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for appearing in NEET PG 2023 are discussed below:
- The candidates should hold an MBBS degree or a provisional MBBS pass certificate as recognized by the Indian Medical Council.
- A permanent or provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the Medical Council of India or State Medical Council is also mandatory.
- The applicants should have completed one year of internship or must complete it on or before 31 March 2023.
- Indian citizens or overseas citizens of India who have obtained their Primary Medical Qualifications from Medical Colleges outside India should have qualified the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination conducted by NBE.
NEET PG 2023 Application Form
- The application form for NEET PG exam 2023 can be obtained from the official website of NBE www.nbe.edu.in.
- Basic personal, academic and other details should be entered by the candidates into the application form.
- Photograph and signature of the candidates in scanned format also need to be uploaded into the form.
- Candidates have the option to provide the city where they wish to appear for the test in the form.
- Care should be taken while filling the application form as any incorrect information will make it liable for rejection.
- Duly filled application form can be submitted along with the specified amount of application fee.
- After the submission of application form, the candidate will get a computer generated acknowledgement on their registered email id.
- Candidates must also take a hard copy of application form and preserve it for future reference.
- The application fee will be Rs. 3750/- for general/ OBC candidates and Rs. 2750/- for SC/ ST/ PWD candidates.
- Candidates can make payment of application fee online through payment gateway using net banking/ credit card/ debit card.
Deficiency in application form
Candidates should note that any kind of deficiency in the application form will be communicated to them by the authorities. A period of one week time will also be given to them to rectify the deficiency and provide supporting documents if required.
Check NEET PG Syllabus
NEET PG 2023 Exam Pattern
The basic overview of NEET PG 2023 exam pattern is provided below:
- Duration of exam: 3:30 hours
- Mode of exam: Computer-based test
- Question paper language: English
- Number of questions: 300
- Type of questions: Multiple-choice questions
- Total marks: 1200
- Marking scheme: Each question will carry 4 marks
- Negative marking: For every incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted
|Topics||Number of Questions||Marks allotted|
|Social And Preventive Medicine||25||100|
|General Surgery including Radio-diagnosis, Orthopedics & Anesthesia||45||180|
|General Medicine including Psychiatry, Dermatology & Venereology||45||180|
|Obstetrics and Gynecology||30||120|
Also Check: List of Medical Entrance Exams
NEET PG 2023 Admit Card
- The admit card for NEET exam will be released online and can be downloaded from the official website of NBE.
- After downloading, the candidates should take a printout of their admit card to carry it to the exam center.
- Along with the admit card, the candidates also need to carry the following documents- photocopy of Permanent/ Provisional SMC/ MCI registration (to be retained by the test centre) and a valid photo identity proof.
- Details related to the candidate like name, category, gender, etc and to the exam like venue, date, time, etc will be printed on the admit card.
- Candidates should preserve their admit card as it might also be required at the time of admission.
NEET PG 2023 Result
- Result of the eligibility test will be announced online tentatively in the last week of January 2023.
- Candidates will be able to check the result of the entrance exam by visiting the official NBE website.
- The result will consist of the overall merit of the candidates as well as their category rank.
- After the declaration of result, the respective authorities will draw the merit lists and commence the process of counseling.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does every college will accept the score of the NEET PG 2023 exam?
With the exception of the following institute, every medical college of India will accept the NEET PG score:
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology
Can I make any corrections in the application form after submission?
The option of editing certain information entered in the application form will be provided to the candidates after the last date of online submission of application form for a period of 3-5 days. Candidates should note that the following fields of the application form cannot be edited- name, mobile number, email address, testing city, gender, date of birth, nationality and category.
What documents can I carry as identity proof while reporting for the exam?
The following documents in original and not-expired can be carried as an identity proof:
- PAN card
- Driving license
- Voter ID
- Passport (mandatory for foreign national candidates)
- Aadhar Card with photograph
- Foreign Medical Graduates should also bring their FMGE Pass certificate
What can I do if I do not get the exam center of my choice?
Although efforts will be made to allot the exam center to the candidates as per their choice but in case this does not happen, there is nothing that the candidates can do. You must report to the center as the one mentioned in your admit card.
Can I get my admit card through offline mode?
No admit card will be sent to the candidates via offline modes like post or courier. Candidates will only be able to download their admit card from the NBE website using their registration details.
In case of any query, whom should I contact?
Candidates can send their query via email on [email protected] or can give a call on the toll free number 18002674003.