The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the NEET 2022 exam to shortlist the candidates for admission to various medical and dental colleges all across the country. Interested candidates can apply for this exam through online mode. The application from is expected to be released in the month of December 2021 and the exam to be held in May 2022. It is advised that before applying, the candidates should make sure that they meet the minimum prescribed eligibility requirements.
NEET 2022 Important Dates
Check out the tentative dates related to NEET 2022 from the table below:
|Online application form release date||1st week of December 2021|
|Last date for submission of the application form||Last week of December 2021|
|Last date for payment of the application fees||1st week of January 2022|
|Application correction window will open from||3rd week of January 2022|
|Application correction window will close on||Last week of January 2022|
|Issue of admit card||Last week of March 2022|
|Date of NEET exam||1st week of May 2022|
|Display of recorded responses & answer keys||3rd week of May 2022|
|Result declaration||1st week of June 2022|
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2022
The candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below can apply for NEET 2022:
- Candidates of Indian nationality, Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs), Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) and Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply.
- The candidate should have completed the age of 17 years as on 31st December 2022.
- The upper age limit for NEET UG 2022 is 25 years (30 years for SC/ ST/ OBC-NCL/ PWD category candidates).
- The candidates should have cleared their class 12th exam with English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and Mathematics or any other elective subject with not less than 50% marks in aggregate (45% for PH candidates and 40% for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates) in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology. The candidates should also pass these subjects individually.
- Those with a pass in Intermediate/ Pre-degree Examination in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and English subjects from an Indian University/ Board or equivalent are eligible too.
- Applicants who pass Pre-professional/ Pre-medical exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and English after passing their class 12th exam or equivalent can also apply.
- Candidates enrolled in the first year of 3-year degree course from a recognized University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology are eligible as well.
- Those who have cleared the B.Sc degree exam with any of the two subjects among Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and have passed the class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English can apply too.
- The applicants who have done their class 12th from Open School or have studied Biology/ Biotechnology as an additional subject at 10+2 level are not eligible.
NEET 2022 Application Form
The application form for NEET 2022 will be released in online mode on the official website of the NTA www.ntaneet.nic.in. The candidate is required to go through the information bulletin carefully and be clear about all requirements with regard to the submission of the application form.
- The application form can be filled by providing the basic personal and educational details of the candidates.
- Scanned copies of candidates’ photograph, signature and left hand thumb impression should also be uploaded into the application form.
- Choice for exam city and question paper language should also be provided into the application form.
- Incomplete application and applications not in accordance with instructions are liable to be rejected without any further intimation.
- After all the details are entered into the application form, the candidates can submit it along with the prescribed application fee.
- A confirmation page will appear on the screen after successful payment of application fee.
- A printout of the filled-in application form and confirmation page should be taken and kept by the candidates for future reference.
- The general category candidates need to pay an amount of Rs. 1500/- as application fee for NEET.
- For General-EWS/ OBC-NCL candidates, the application fee will be Rs. 1400/- and Rs. 800/- for SC/ ST/ PH/ Transgender candidates.
- Payment of the fee can be done through online mode using debit card/ credit card/ internet banking or UPI.
NEET Admit Card 2022
- Candidates who submit their application on time can download their admit card for NEET 2022 online.
- Admit card will be published on the official website of the NTA around two weeks before the exam.
- The candidates should take a printout of the admit card, affix a passport size photo on it and carry it to the exam center with a valid identity card and PWD certificate.
- In case candidates are unable to download admit cards from the website or there is any discrepancy in the downloaded admit card, they should approach the Help Line.
- Admit card will contain the important details related to the NEET exam like the center, date, time, etc.
NEET 2022 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern overview for NEET 2022 is provided below:
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Exam duration: 180 minutes
- Medium of test: English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Number of questions: 180
- Total marks: 720
- Marking scheme: For each right answer 4 marks will be awarded.
- Negative marking: For each wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
|Subjects||No. of Question||Maximum Marks|
|Biology (Botany + Zoology)||90||360|
NEET Syllabus 2022
The subject-wise syllabus for NEET 2022 exam is provided below:
- Physics: Physical world & measurement, Current Electricity, Kinematics, Laws of Motion Work, Energy & Power, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Electromagnetic Waves, Gravitation, Properties of Bulk Matter, Thermodynamics, Behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory, etc
- Chemistry: Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Structure of Atom, Redox Reactions, Chemical Kinetics, Classification of Elements & Periodicity in Properties, Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure, Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Solid State Solutions, Hydrogen, Biomolecules, Coordination Compounds, s, p, d and f Block Elements, etc
- Biology: Diversity in Living World, Structural Organization in Animals and Plants, Cell Structure and Function, Plant Physiology and Human Physiology, Reproduction, Genetics & Evolution, Biology & Human Welfare, Biotechnology & Its Applications and Ecology & Environment
OMR Sheets and Answer Key
- The NTA will display the scanned images of OMR answer sheets and recorded response and the answer key on the official website.
- Candidates will be given an opportunity to submit grievance against the OMR grading or answer key by paying a processing fee of Rs. 1000/- per question challenged.
- Challenges made by the candidates will be verified by the NTA with the help of panel of subject experts and any changes made will be reflected appropriately.
- No individual candidate will be informed about the acceptance/ non-acceptance of his/ her challenge.
NEET 2022 Result
- The NTA will declare the result of the NEET UG on the official website ntaneet.nic.in hopefully in the month of June 2022.
- Candidates will be able to download their respective result sheets by logging into their dashboard.
- NTA will prepare the merit list as per the directives of DGHS and Ministry of AYUSH Admission Central Counseling Committee. No category wise list will be prepared.
- There is no provision for the candidates to ask for re-checking or re-evaluation of the answer sheets.
- The result of the NEET UG may be utilized by other entities of Central/ State Governments for admission purpose in accordance with their rules and in consultation with the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India.
NEET 2022 FAQs
If I will be appearing in my class 12th exam in the year 2022, can I apply?
Candidates appearing in their class 12th exam in the year 2022 are eligible to apply but will be granted admission only if they pass the qualifying examination with the required pass percentage at the time of first round of counseling.
Confirmation page is not generated after payment of the application fee. What should I do know?
In case the Confirmation Page is not generated after payment of fee then the transaction is cancelled, and amount will be refunded to the candidate’s account. However, the candidate has to make another transaction of fee in this case.
Can I ask for a change in the exam center allotted to me?
Any request to change the examination centre, date and time provided on the admit card shall not be considered under any circumstances.
Is it possible to get a refund of the application fee?
No request for refund of fee once remitted by the candidate will be entertained by NTA under any circumstances.
I made a mistake in my application form. Is it possible to make corrections?
A correction window will be provided by NTA for a limited duration of time to make any corrections in the application. Any changes can be made only during this duration.