NCHMCT JEE stands for National Council for Hotel Management Joint Entrance Examination. This exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) to select the candidates for admission to the B.Sc. course in Hospitality and Hotel Administration (B.Sc. HHA) across the Country.
Those interested and eligible candidates who want to apply need to fill and submit the application form in online mode. In this post, all the necessary details related to the NCHMCT JEE 2023 are provided.
Table of Contents
NCHMCT JEE 2023 Important Dates
The important dates related to the NCHMCT JEE 2023 are given in the table below.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of the online application form submission||3rd February 2023|
|Last date for the submission of application form||27th April 2023|
|Last date to pay the application fee||27th April 2023|
|Availability of the admit card||May 2023|
|Date of examination||14th May 2023|
|Display of the recorded response and answer keys for inviting challenges on NTA website||3rd week of June 2023|
|Declaration of result||1st week of July 2023|
NCHMCT JEE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
It is the duty of applicants to make sure that they meet the following eligibility criteria before filling the application form.
- For general candidates, the maximum age of a candidate should be 25 years. It means the candidate must be born on or after 1st July 1998.
- For SC/ ST candidates, the maximum of a candidate should be 28 years. It means the candidate must be born on or after 1st July 1995.
- Aspirants must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board of education.
- All qualified candidates must submit a physical fitness certificate from a recognized medical practitioner in the prescribed format.
NCHMCT JEE 2023 Application Form
The application process of NCHMCT JEE 2023 is available in online mode only. Those who want to apply may check the application process given below.
- To begin the application process, aspirants have to visit the official website i.e. nchmjee.nta.nic.in, and start the registration process.
- At the time of registration, candidates need to some of their basic details and create a password for them.
- Next, the applicants are required to log in using the password generated at the time of the registration.
- After logging in, candidates have to fill all the required educational, personal, and contact details.
- In addition to the details, aspirants are required to upload the scanned images of the following documents.
- Photograph of the candidate in JPG/ JPEG format (10 KB to 200 KB)
- Signature of the candidate in JPG/ JPEG format (4 KB to 30 KB)
- The application form should be submitted along with the necessary application fee.
- It is recommended to take a printout of the application form submitted online for future requirements.
The application fee for the candidates of different categories is given below.
- General (UR)/ OBC-(NCL): Rs. 1000
- SC/ST/PWD: Rs. 450
- For General-EWS: Rs. 700
- Transgender: Rs. 450
Mode of payment: The application fee can be paid online using a credit card/ debit card/ UPI and Netbanking or PayTM.
NCHMCT JEE 2023 Admit Card
- The admit card of NCHMCT JEE 2023 will be made available online through the official website.
- Candidates will be able to download the hall ticket by entering their registration details.
- The details related to the date, time, and venue of the examination will be mentioned on the admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed to take the examination without having an admit card.
- Along with the admit card, it is also compulsory to carry a passport size photograph and a valid ID Proof at the examination centre.
NCHMCT JEE 2023 Exam Pattern
The pattern of the NCHMCT JEE 2023 examination is explained below.
- Mode of examination: Online (Computer based test)
- Type of questions: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Number of questions: 200
- Duration of the examination: 3 hours
- Maximum marks: 800
- Marking scheme: Each question will carry 4 marks
- Negative marking: 1 mark will be deducted in case of any incorrect answer
|Subject||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude||30||120|
|Reasoning and Logical Deduction||30||120|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||30||120|
|Aptitude for Service Sector||50||200|
|Total||200 questions||800 marks|
The syllabus of NCHMCT JEE 2023 is quite big. However, we are providing some important topics from every subject as given below.
- Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude: Elementary Mathematics, Arthimetic (number Theory), Number Systems, Square Roots, Cube Roots, Fractions and Decimals, HCF and LCM, Simplification, Variation, Chain Rule, Ratio and Proportion, Average, Logarithms, Simple Interest, Compound Interest, etc.
- Reasoning and Logical Deductions: Analytical Reasoning, Direction and Distance related questions, Linear Arrangement, Complex Arrangement, Coding and Decoding, Series, Blood relations related questions, Symbols and notations, Alphabet Test, Data interpretation, etc.
- English: Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms, Analogies, Spelling mistakes, English proficiency, Idioms and phrases, One word substitution, Sentence formation, Sentence completion, Sentence improvement, Sentence Reconstruction, etc.
- General Knowledge: Books and authors, Famous personalities, Currencies, Animals, Inventions and discoveries, Languages, Music, Dances, World organisations, Disasters, Statistical data of the World, etc.
- Current Events: Persons, Places, awards, Authors, Economy, Science and Technology, Sports etc.
Result and Merit List
- The result of the computer based test will be uploaded on the official website of the NTA.
- Along with the result, authorities will also release an all India merit list of candidates based on the NCHM JEE computer best test (CBT).
- In the case of a tie, the merit list will be prepared on the following basis.
- Candidate securing higher marks in English component of NCHM JEE shall rank higher.
- In case of candidates securing equal marks in NCHM-JEE, as well as in English component of NCHM-JEE, then the candidate securing higher marks in Service Aptitude Component of NCHM-JEE shall rank higher.
- In case the tie persists, the older candidate will be prepared.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Will there be any negative marking in the examination?
Answer: Yes, 1 mark will be deducted in case of an incorrect answer.
Question – 2: Is there any provision for re-checking or re-evaluation?
Answer: No, there is no provision for re-valuation/re-checking of the Score. No correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
Question – 3: What documents do I need to carry at the time of the examination?
Answer: All the candidates must carry the following documents at the time of the examination.
- Print copy of Admit Card downloaded from NTA’s website.
- One passport size photograph
- Anyone of the authorized photo IDs (must be original, valid and non-expired) – PAN card/ Driving License/ Voter ID/ Passport/Aadhaar Card (With photograph)/ Ration Card
- PwD certificate issued by the authorized medical officer, if claiming the relaxation under PwD category
Question – 4: Can I submit the NCHMCT JEE 2023 application form in offline mode?
Answer: No, the application form will be released in online mode only.