Table of Contents
- Name of the Institute: National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology Ranchi
- Type of Institute: Education and research institution under Ministry of Human Resource & Development
- Courses Offered: UG, PG and Doctorate Courses in Engineering
- Established in: 1966
- Campus Location:Ranchi, Jharkhand
- Affiliations: Ranchi University
About the Institute
The National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology (NIFFT) is a residential institute which is headquartered Hatia. It is coeducational institute which has been instituted under the ministry of human rejoices and development ministry. The institute is located at Hatia which is just 7.4 km far from Ranchi. It instituted was brought into being in 1966 by the collaborative efforts of the Government of India with UNDP – UNESCO to provide qualified engineers and specialists for running Foundry and Forge industries.
The prime purposes of the Institute have always been to meet the current requirements of the industries, with the introduction of departments of Manufacturing Engineering (ME) and Materials and Metallurgical Engineering (MME).
The NIFFT campus is located on National Highway-75 at Haiti which is around 7.2 km away from Ranchi city. The institute is about 2.2 km far from the Hatia Railway Station. The institute is well connected with the Birsa Munda Airport which is accessible just about 6.4 km far from the airport.
The campus of NIFFT is spread over an area of 65 acres. It houses the administrative building, academic buildings and halls of residence for students. The faculty residential area, grounds, library, auditorium, laboratories and workshops are other areas on its well-maintained campus.
- Master of Technology (M.Tech.)
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.)
- Advanced Diploma Course (ADC),
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
For admission into the institute to pursue the different courses, candidates are required to take part in the entrance examination. The undergraduate students at NIFFT are selected through the highly competitive JEE MAINS and those, who apply for admission must have already appeared for the JEE Mains and must have the scorecard of the exam as well.
- For admission into the Master of Technology (M.Tech) course, candidates must have taken part in the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).
- Candidates will be eligible to take admission in the PhD course after they qualify the interview which will be held on the campus of the Institute.
- Library with thousands of books
- Sports facilities
- Cricket ground
- Basketball court
- Volleyball courts
- Table Tennis
- Shuttle badminton Placement
- Computer facilities
DAV Institute Contact Details
National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology,
Hatia, Ranchi (Jharkhand)
|Pin Code||834 003|
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here