MICAT 2023: MICA, which was formerly famous as ‘Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad’ offers various professional programmes in strategic Marketing and Communication. It is an autonomous, non-profit institution. It offers the three courses now which are; the Post Graduate Diploma in Management-Communications (PGDM-C), the Crafting Creative Communication (CCC) and the Fellow Programme in Management-Communications (FPM-C). MICAT is the admission test for candidates so that only the capable and competent candidates get the admission in the institute. MICAT conducts twice in a year i.e. MICAT-1 & MICAT-II.
For details such as MICAT 2023 important dates, application process, eligibility criteria, admit card, result, candidates can read the information given in the post below.
Table of Contents
MICAT 2023 Overview
|Exam Name||MICAT 2023|
|Full form||MICA Ahmedabad Admission Test 2023|
|Mode of application||Online mode|
|Mode of exam||Online mode|
MICAT 2023 Important Dates
The dates have been given in the following table:
|MICAT I Schedule|
|S.No.||Name of the Event||Date Assigned|
|1||MICAT I Registration will start from||November 2022|
|2||End date for MICAT I Registration||November 2022|
|3||Admit Card will be issued on||December 2022|
|4||Exam Date – MICAT 2023 (I)||December 2022|
|5||Result to be announced on||December 2022|
|MICAT II Schedule|
|S.No.||Name of the Event||Date Assigned|
|1||MICAT II Registration will start from||November 2022|
|2||End date for MICAT II Registration||January 2023|
|3||Admit Card will be issued on||January 2023|
|4||Exam Date – MICAT 2023 (II)||January 2023|
|5||Result to be announced on||February 2023|
Note: All the dates which have been given in the above chart are updated according to its official notification for the year 2023.
MICAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
It is very necessary for all the applicants to read the details about the eligibility criteria so that they can ensure that they are eligible to apply for the examination and admission. Here are all the details about the examination:
- The candidates must be a graduate from a recognized University or institute.
- The candidates, who are in the in the final year, will also be eligible to apply for the examination and admission in the institute.
- Most of all the candidates should have a valid CAT, XAT or GMAT score.
MICAT 2023 Application Form: How to apply?
The next stage of the admission process is to apply for the examination through the application form. Here is the application process:
- The application form will be available online on the official portal of the institute.
- Candidates shall have to fill all the details in the application form such as their name, date of birth, address, and the educational qualification.
- Candidates shall also have to pay the application fee thru the online mode, SBI Challan or demand draft in the name of the institute.
- The application will be Rs. 1965 for all the candidates.
- There will be a registration number and the password after the submission of the application form and candidates have saved them for the further reference.
MICAT 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern is a crucial part of the admission process in which candidates give serious emphasis. In the following points, the exam pattern has been explained:
- Mode of exam: MICAT 2023 will be held in online mode- it will be a computer based test.
- No. of Questions: There will be 144 questions in the exam.
- Exam duration: MICAT will be conducted over duration of 2 hours and 45 minutes.
- No. of sections: There will be three major sections which will be further divided to six parts.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, 1 mark will be deducted while 0.25 marks will get deducted for every incorrect answer.
|Parts||Sections||No. of Questions||Time Duration|
|Part I||Psychometric||35 questions||25 minutes|
|Verbal Ability (VA)||25 questions||
|Quantitative Ability (QA)||25 questions|
|General Awareness (GA)||25 questions|
|Divergent- Convergent Reasoning (DCR)||39 questions|
|Part III||Descriptive Test (DT)||4 questions||35 minutes|
The entrance test for MICAT 2023 will be held at Gurgaon, Dhanbad, Gwalior, Hyderabad, Guwahati, Indore, Jammu, Jaipur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Kochi, Lucknow, Navi Mumbai, Meerut, Mumbai, Allahabad, Aligarh, Bareilly, Bhopal, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Muzaffarnagar, Delhi, Nagpur, Panjim, Noida, Patna, Raipur, Pune, Ranchi, Vadodara, Trivandrum, Visakhapatnam, Aizawl, Ahmedabad, and Ajmer.
MICAT 2023 Syllabus
MICAT 2023 syllabus will be decided by the conducting body. Basically, the questions in the entrance test will be asked from following subjects: Divergent and Convergent Thinking (DCT), General awareness (GA), Descriptive Test (DT), Verbal ability (VA), Psychometric (P), Quantitative ability and Data Interpretation (QADI). It is important for the candidates to go through these sections in order to score better rank in the exam.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: When will MICAT application form release?
Answer: MICAT I application form is most likely to release by November 2022.
Question 2: How many questions are there in MICAT?
Answer: MICAT comprises of 144 questions.
Question 3: Is there any negative marking in MICAT exam?
Answer: Yes, 0.25 marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
MICAT 2023 Admit Card
- The institute will issue the admit card only to successfully registered applicants through online mode.
- Candidates can also get the link in the email inbox and there they can download the admit card.
- It will be necessary to take the printout of the admit card.
- Moreover, it will be mandatory to bring the admit card at the examination centre while coming for the examination. Inversely, the entry in the examination hall will be denied.
MICAT 2023 Result
The result of the MICAT 2023 will be available on the official website of the institute. Candidates can get the score card of their result which will be necessary for all the applicants to take that at the time admission.
All the candidates, who will be shortlisted, will be required to submit the DD of Rs. 50000 for the pre admission process.
MICAT 2023 Counselling
Henceforth, the candidates shall have to appear for counselling so that they can ensure their admission in the institute in the desired program. At the time of counselling they will have to show all the essential educational certificates to the admission board.
MICAT 2023 Admission
Candidates will be admitted to PGDMC courses offered at MICA, Ahmedabad on the basis of their marks in MICAT, Group Exercise and Personal Interview rounds followed by XAT/ CAT/GMAT exams. Please note down, best of two MICAT scores will be considered for offering admission. If students have appeared in CAT & GMAT or CAT & XAT or XAT & GMAT or all these three exams, the better of the two/ best of the 3 exams scores will be considered for admission. At the time of admission, candidates have to verify their original documents. The weightage of marks for admission is mentioned below:
- MICAT: 50% weightage
- Group Exercise (GE): 18%
- Personal Interview (PI): 30%
- CAT/XAT/GMAT: 2%
1 thought on “MICAT 2023: Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility Criteria”