MICAT 2022 will be conducted by MICA (formerly Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad) to shortlist the candidates for admission to its postgraduate management programs. The exam will be conducted twice a year and the candidates can appear for either or both as per their choice. Application forms for the same will be released through online mode as per the schedule decided by the concerned authority. The admission test will be followed by a group exercise and personal interview round.
MICAT Important Dates 2022
Check out the important dates (tentative) related to MICAT 2022 in the table below:
|MICAT I||MICAT II|
|Online registration process will commence from||4th week of September 2021||1st week of January 2022|
|Last date for online registration||Last week of November 2021||1st week of February 2022|
|Issue of call letter||2nd week of December 2021||2nd week of February 2022|
|Date of entrance exam||3rd week of December 2021||3rd week of February 2022|
|Publication of exam score||1st week of January 2022||4th week of February 2022|
|Shortlisting of candidates for GE-PI round||1st week of March 2022|
|Date for GE-PI round||2nd & 3rd week of March 2022|
|Declaration of final result||Last week of March 2022|
MICAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for appearing in MICAT 2022 are provided below:
- A bachelor’s degree of minimum duration 3 years in any stream from a recognized university is required.
- Candidates in the final year of their bachelor’s degree who will clear the exam before the selection process begins are eligible too.
- The applicants with an aptitude for expressing, assessing, and/ or conceiving ideas that move people to action and achieve business results are encouraged to apply.
MICAT Application Form 2022
Interested candidates can apply online for MICAT 2022. The application form will be released on the official website of the institute www.mica.ac.in tentatively in the month of September 2021 (for MICAT I) and January 2022 (for MICAT II).
- The candidates will have to provide their personal and academic details like name, gender, date of birth, phone number, email address, marks obtained in bachelor’s degree, year of passing, college name, etc to fill the application form.
- Photograph and signature of the candidates should also be uploaded in the application form in scanned format.
- Details regarding the CAT/ XAT/ GMAT exam need to be provided in the application form.
- After providing all the details correctly into the application form, the candidates can submit it online with the prescribed application fee.
- The candidates are advised to take a hard copy of the application form and keep it safe for reference purpose.
- There is no need to send the hard copy of the application form or any other document to the institute.
- The application fee for MICAT 2022 is expected to be Rs. 1985/-.
- Payment of the application fee can be done only online using credit card/ debit card/ net banking.
MICAT 2022 Exam Pattern
Check below the overview of MICAT exam pattern 2022:
- Mode of exam: Online
- Duration of exam: 2 hours 45 minutes
- Number of questions: 145 (approx.)
- Type of questions: Both subjective and objective type
- Marking scheme: Each question will carry 1 mark.
- Negative marking: For every wrong answer, 0.25 mark will be deducted.
- Number of sections: 3
- Section A: Psychometric Test
- Section B: Descriptive Test
- Section C: Divergent & Convergent Thinking, Verbal Ability, Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation and General Awareness
MICAT Admit Card 2022
- The admit card to appear in the test will be released online around one week before the exam.
- Applicants can download the admit card by visiting the official website and using their application details.
- The candidates should take a printout of admit card and carry it to the exam center while reporting for the exam.
- Candidates are advised to preserve their admit card till the whole process of admission is over.
- To protect from loss or damage it is suggested that the candidates keep multiple printouts of admit card with them.
MICAT 2022 Result
- Result of the admission test will be made available on the official website of the institute.
- Candidates will be able to check their result using details such as roll number, date of birth, etc.
- A merit list of the candidates will be drawn on the basis of marks obtained by them in the entrance test.
- Candidates whose names appear in the merit list will be invited to appear in the GE-PI round.
- Final admission will be subject to combined performance of the candidates in the different rounds.
MICAT Selection Process 2022
The selection process involves three steps:
- CAT/ XAT/ GMAT Scores: Each candidate has to take at least one of the three exams- CAT/ XAT/ GMAT.
- MICA Admission Test (MICAT): Each candidate who applies to MICA with CAT/ XAT/ GMAT will be called for MICAT, subject to their application form being complete and accepted by MICA.
- Group Exercise (GE) and Personal Interview (PI): Based on their performance in the CAT/ XAT/ GMAT and MICAT, candidates are shortlisted for GE & PI round.
Once these rounds are completed successfully, the shortlisted candidates will have to get their documents verified after which they will be offered final admission. Choice for programme will also be considered while providing admission to the candidates.
MICAT 2022 FAQs
In which cities, the GE-PI round will be conducted?
Shortlisted candidates will be called for Group Exercise and Personal Interview at Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata & Mumbai.
How will I get to know about my exam center?
Important details of the exam like center and schedule will be communicated to the candidates through their admit card.
What will be the weightage of different rounds under selection process?
The weightage of different rounds under selection process will be given as follows:
- CAT/ XAT/ GMAT: 20%
- MICAT: 30%
- GE: 20%
- PI: 30%
How do I provide my choice for PGDM-C or PGDM or both programmes?
Candidates will be allowed to provide their choice for programme at the time of filling the application form.
Can a candidate appear in both the MICATs?
Yes. A candidate is eligible to appear in both exams but has to fill two separate application forms by paying the registration fees and as per the timelines. Merit list will be prepared on the basis of MICAT I and /or II or better of the two performances if a candidate has taken both MICATs.