MH CET 2022 application form will be released in the 1st week of January 2022 through online mode. State Common Entrance Test Cell Maharashtra conducts the Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test for admission to engineering, agriculture, and pharmacy courses. Selected candidates will be eligible for admission to government and private colleges across the state. Last year, more than 8 lakhs students had registered for MH CET. The exam is expected to be held in the month of May 2022. Candidates can find complete details related to MH CET 2022 from this article below.
MHT CET 2022 Overview
|Name of the exam||MH CET 2022|
|Full form||Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test|
|Who conducts the exam?||State Common Entrance Test Cell Maharashtra|
|Courses||BE / B.Tech, pharmacy, pharm D, and agricultural|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of exam||Online|
MH CET 2022 Important Dates
The tentative dates related to MH CET 2022 are given in the table below.
|Online application form release date||1st week of January 2022|
|Last date to submit the application form||4th week of March 2022|
|Release of application form with a late fee of Rs. 500/-||4th week of March 2022|
|Last date to submit the application form with late fee||Last week of March 2022|
|Last date for payment of application fee||1st week of April 2022|
|Issue of admit card||4th week of April 2022|
|Date of Common Entrance Test||1st week of May 2022 onwards|
|Display of candidates’ response in their login||2nd week of May 2022|
|Submission of objection on the response||3rd week of May 2022|
|Result announcement||1st week of June 2022|
MH CET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility criteria need to be fulfilled by the candidates who wish to appear for the MH CET 2022:
Students of following candidature can apply for the CET under the particular candidature only:
Maharashtra state candidature:
- Type A: Candidate who pass the SSC and HSC or equivalent from a recognized institution in Maharashtra State or is Domicile of Maharashtra and/ or is born in Maharashtra
- Type B: Candidate whose Father or Mother is domiciled in the State of Maharashtra and possess Domicile Certificate
- Type C: Candidate whose Father or Mother is an employee of the Government of India or Government of India Undertaking and been posted and reported to duty in Maharashtra State
- Type D: Candidate whose Father or Mother is an employee or retired employee of the Government of Maharashtra or Government of Maharashtra Undertaking
- Type E: Candidate who pass SSC and/ or HSC Examination from a recognized institution located in disputed Maharashtra Karnataka Border Area and whose Mother tongue is Marathi.
All India candidature: Candidates who are a citizen of India
Minority candidature: Candidates belonging to a particular Linguistic or Religious Minority Community from State of Maharashtra as notified by the Government
Jammu and Kashmir Migrant Candidature:
- The children of citizens, who are displaced from Jammu and Kashmir to any part of India or from unsafe border area to a relatively safer place in Jammu and Kashmir from 1990 onwards due to terrorist activities
- The children of officers belonging to IAS, IPS or IFS and children of staff belonging to military and paramilitary forces transferred to Jammu and Kashmir to combat terrorist activities
- The children of staff and officers of Jammu and Kashmir police engaged in combating terrorism
Children of NRI/ OCI/ PIO, Children of Indian workers in the Gulf countries, Foreign National candidates
- BE/ B.Tech: The candidates need to clear their class 12th or equivalent exam with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical or Vocational subjects or hold a Diploma in Engineering and Technology or B.Sc degree scoring not less than 50% marks in aggregate (45% for reserved category candidates of Maharashtra).
- B.Pharma: A pass in the class 12th or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical or Vocational subjects and at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% for reserved category candidates) is required.
- Pharma.D: Those who clear their class 12th or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical or Vocational subjects or hold a Diploma in Pharmacy with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (45% for reserved category candidates) are eligible.
MH CET 2022 Application Form
The application form for MH CET 2022 will be released through online mode. The candidates can obtain the link for the application form by visiting the official website of State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra State www.cetcell.mahacet.org.
- First step will be registration of the candidates to obtain username and password. Basic information like name, mobile number, email address, etc will be required in the registration form.
- Using the username and password, the candidates can login to their account and obtain the application form.
- Candidates need to enter rest personal and academic details like gender, category, candidature type qualifying exam marks scored, passing year, etc into the application form.
- Scanned copies of photograph and signature of the candidates should also be uploaded on the application form.
- After providing all the details in the form, the candidates should check for any error and if found should correct it.
- Duly filled application form correct and complete in all manners can then be submitted along with the prescribed application fee.
- The applicants are advised to keep a copy of the filled-in application form safe with them for future correspondence.
- The application fee for general category candidates of Maharashtra, outside Maharashtra candidates and J & K Migrant candidates will be Rs. 800/-.
- For SC, ST, VJ/ DT- NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC and PWD category candidates of Maharashtra, it will be Rs. 600/-.
- Payment of the application fee can be done through online mode using debit card/ credit card/ net banking or offline mode by submitting a Challan.
MH CET 2022 Exam Pattern
Check out the basic overview of MH CET 2022 exam pattern below:
- Mode of exam: Online mode (Computer Based Test)
- Duration of the test: 90 minutes
- Medium of test:
- For Mathematics section- English only
- For other sections- English/ Marathi/ Urdu
- Number of questions*: 150
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks*: 200
- Marking scheme:
- For Mathematics section- 2 marks will be awarded for each right answer
- For other sections- 1 mark will be awarded for each right answer
- Negative marking: There will be no negative marking.
|Subjects||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|Class XI topics||Class XII topics|
*Case where candidates attempt either PCM group or PCB group
MH CET 2022 Syllabus
A list of topics for the MH CET exam 2022 from standard XI is provided below. Complete syllabus from standard XII will be covered.
- Mathematics: Trigonometric functions, Trigonometric functions of Compound Angles, Factorization Formulae, Straight Line, Circle and Conics, Sets, Relations and Functions, Probability and Sequences and Series
- Physics: Measurements, Scalars and Vectors, Force, Friction in solids and liquids, Refraction of Light, Ray optics, Magnetic effect of electric current and Magnetism
- Chemistry: Some basic concepts of chemistry, States of matter: Gases and liquids, Redox reaction, Surface chemistry, Nature of chemical bond, Hydrogen, s-Block elements(Alkali and alkaline earth metals), Basic principles and techniques in organic chemistry and Alkanes
- Botany: Diversity in organisms, Biochemistry of cell, Plant Water Relations and Mineral Nutrition and Plant Growth and Development
- Zoology: Organization of Cell, Animal tissues, Human Nutrition and Human Respiration
MH CET 2022 Admit Card
- MH CET 2022 admit card will be made available on the official website around a week before the exam.
- Candidates should download their admit card and take its printout to be carried to the exam center.
- Details related to the entrance exam like schedule and center will be mentioned on the admit card of the candidates.
- Those without a valid admit card and a photo id proof (original) will not be allowed to enter the examination hall under any circumstances.
- Admit card is an important document that will also be required at the time of admission and therefore should be kept safe by the candidates.
MH CET 2022 Result
- The authorities will declare MH CET 2022 result in the month of June 2022 (tentatively).
- Candidates can check their result by logging into their account and can download their response sheet/ marks sheet as well.
- A merit list of the candidates who clear the entrance exam will be prepared on the basis of marks scored.
- Candidates who clear the exam will have to appear for the counseling round as per their names in the merit list.
MH CET 2022 Counseling
- After the MH CET result is announced, the details related to the counseling round will be made available on the official website.
- Candidates must report for the counseling as per the schedule and venue communicated on the website.
- The candidates will be provided the opportunity to give their choice for discipline and institute.
- All the documents will also be verified and after successful verification, enrollment will be granted to the candidates.
- Candidates can then report to the allotted institute and complete the rest formalities of admission.
MH CET 2022 FAQs
Question- What subject group (PCB or PCM) should I choose for appearing in the CET?
The candidate seeking admission to first year Engineering and Technology degree courses must appear for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Those seeking admission to first year Pharmacy degree must appear for Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and/ or Biology.
Question- Do I get the same exam center if I apply for both groups in CET 2022?
Not necessarily. The candidate may get different centers for appearing in the exam for different groups.
Question- What documents can be carried as identity proof while reporting to the exam center?
Any of the following documents will work fine as an identity proof:
PAN Card, Indian Passport, Driving License, Voter’s Card, Bank Passbook with Photograph/ Photo identity proof issued by a Gazette Officer on official letterhead along with photograph, Photo identity proof issued by a People’s Representative on official letterhead along with photograph, Identity Card issued by a recognized School/ College, Aadhaar Card/ E-Aadhaar Card print with a photograph
Question- Can I bring a scribe to write my MHT CET exam?
Orthopedically Handicapped candidates who are not in a position to write, Blind, Low Vision, Persons affected with Cerebral Palsy and Learning Disability/ Dyslexia can bring their own scribe for the MHT CET exam. Such candidate shall produce the disability certificate in original along with admit card at the exam center.
Question- In case of any query while filling the application form, whom should I contact?
Help line number for technical assistance for online application form filling is 022 49150801 (IVR Based). This number is active on 24 × 7 basis).