MHT CET 2021 exam will be conducted by the Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test Cell. Through this exam, candidates can get admission to B.Tech/ B.E, Pharma D, B.Pharmacy and B.Planning courses. This is a popular exam and a large number of institutes will consider MHT CET 2021 scores for providing admission to these courses. The application process is expected to start from the month of January 2021. In order to apply, the candidates have to fill and submit the application form in online mode.
It is an online exam in which candidates have to give their answers on a computer. The exam will consist of three papers i.e. Paper 1, Paper 2 and Paper 3. The candidates need to attempt 2 papers according to their subjects.
MHT CET 2021 Main Highlights
- 80% of the total questions in the MHT CET 2021 exam will be asked from the class 12th syllabus and 20% question will be from the class 11th
- The exam will contain three papers, the candidates need to attempt two papers as per their subjects.
- The difficulty level of MHT CET exam is similar to that of JEE Main exam of Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics subjects. Similar to NEET for Biology.
- In order to apply the candidates need to fill the online application form expected to be released in the month January 2021.
MHT CET 2021 Important Dates
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Availability of online application form||3rd week of January 2021|
|Last date to submit application form without any late fee||4th week of March 2021|
|Last date of application form submission||Last week of March 2021|
|Release of Admit card||Last week of April 2021|
|Date of Exam||2nd week of May 2021|
MHT CET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for getting admission to various courses will be as follows:
- The candidate must be an Indian National
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam with Physics, Mathematics and any of the Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical vocational subjects with at least 50% aggregate marks in these subjects (45% for reserved category candidates).
- Candidates with diploma in Engineering and Technology with at least 50% marks (45% for reserved category candidates) can also apply.
- The candidates having a B.SC degree with 50% marks (45% for reserved category candidate) are also eligible. Such candidates must have passed Mathematics as a subject in 12th
- The candidate must be a citizen of India
- The applicant must have passed 10+2 exam with Physics, Chemistry and any one of the Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational subjects with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in these subjects (45% for backward classes and PWD candidates)
Check- Books to prepare for MHT CET
MHT CET 2021 Application Form
- The application form of MHT CET 2021 exam will be filled in online mode only.
- To access the application form, the candidates need to visit the official website of the Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test Cell.
- In order to apply, the candidates first need to create a username and password by registering themselves.
- After registration, the aspirant can log in and fill all the required details in the application form.
- In addition to the details, the candidates need to upload their photograph and signature.
- After entering all the details the candidates have to pay the required application fee.
- It is recommended to take the print out of submitted application form for future reference.
The application fee for candidates from different categories will be as follows:
- For general candidates from Maharashtra state/ candidates from outside Maharashtra/ J&K Migrant Candidates: 800/-
- For the candidates from backward class and PWD candidates belonging to the state of Maharashtra: 600/-
Mode of Payment: The application fee can be paid either online or using the challan system/ Mobile wallets.
MHT CET 2021 Exam Pattern
The MHT CET 2021 exam will consist of the following three papers. Check out the exam pattern below:
- Paper 1: Mathematics
- Paper 2: Physics and Chemistry
- Paper 3: Biology
The candidates looking for admission into B.Tech / B.E course need to attempt the Paper 1 and Paper 2. For admission into B.Pharmacy and Pharma D course, the candidates have to attempt the Paper 2 along with any one of Paper 1 or Paper 3.
The general exam pattern will be as follows:
- Mode of Examination: Online (Computer Based Exam)
- Duration of Exam: 90 minutes for each paper
- Type of Questions: Only objective type multiple choice questions will be asked.
- Marking Scheme: Questions of paper 1 will carry 2 marks each. The questions of Paper 2 and Paper 3 will carry 1 mark each
- Negative Marking: There is no provision for negative marking
- Language of Questions: The questions will be asked in Marathi, English and Urdu language (In mathematics paper, the questions will be asked only in English language)
|Paper and subject||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Paper – 1 (Mathematics)||50||100|
|Paper – 2 (Physics + Chemistry)||100||100|
|Paper – 3 (Botany + Zoology)||100||100|
MHT CET Syllabus
The syllabus of MHT CET 2021 exam is given below:
- Physics: Measurements, Refraction of Light, Scalars and Vectors, Friction in solids and liquids, Force, Magnetism, Ray optics, Magnetic effect of electric current etc.
- Chemistry: States of matter: Gases and liquids, Some basic concepts of chemistry, Surface chemistry, Redox reaction, Nature of chemical bond, s-Block elements(Alkali and alkaline earth metals), Hydrogen, Alkanes, Basic principles and techniques in organic chemistry
- Mathematics: Trigonometric functions, Straight Line, Trigonometric functions of Compound Angles, Factorization Formulae, Sequences and series, Circle and Conics, Probability, Relations and Functions, Sets, Circle and Conics.
- Botany: Plant Water Relations and Mineral Nutrition, Biochemistry of cell, Diversity in organisms, Plant Growth and Development.
- Zoology: Human Nutrition, Animal tissues, Organization of Cell, Human Respiration.
MHT CET Admit Card
- The admit card of the exam will be released only in online mode through the official website of the cell.
- In order to download the admit card, the candidates need to log in by entering their username and password.
- The information such as exam timing, venue address etc. will be mentioned on the admit card.
- At the time of exam, the candidates need to carry the print out of admit card along with one original photo identity proof. Otherwise, the candidates will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
- The candidate can carry any one of the following id proof in original Passport/ PAN Card/ Driving License/ Voter ID card/ Bank Passbook with photograph/ Aadhar Card / etc.
- The result will be declared online through the official website only.
- The candidates will be able to check their result by entering their registration number and password
- Along with the result, the authorities will also release the merit list of successful candidates.
- After the declaration of result, the authorities will invite applications from the successful candidates for document verification.
MHT CET 2021 Counselling
- The shortlisted candidates will be invited to take part in the counselling process.
- During the counselling process, the candidates have to provide their choice of college and course.
- The documents will also be verified at the time of counselling
- Seats will be allotted on the basis of merit and choice filled by the candidates.
- The counselling process will conclude in multiple rounds.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ques 01: What are the specifications for photograph and signature, I need to upload?
Ans: Specifications for photograph and signature are as follows:
Specifications for photograph
- You need to upload your recently taken passport size color photograph. It must be taken against a light/white backgroun In case, your face on the photograph is not clear then your application form is liable to be rejected.
- The file size of photograph should be in between 15 KB to 50 KB.
Specifications for Signature
- You need to put your signature on a white paper using a black ink pen.
- The file size should be in between 5KB to 20KB.
Once you have uploaded your photograph and signature correctly, you may proceed with making payment of application fee.
Ques 02: Will the exam conducted in online or offline mode?
Ans: The exam will be conducted in online mode at various centres across the Maharashtra as well as outside Maharashtra State.
Ques 03: Will there be any negative marking in the exam?
Ans: No, there will be no negative marking in the exam.
Ques 04: What are the questions types to be asked in exam?
Ans: Only multiple choice questions are to be asked in the exam. You’ll find four options for each question out of which one answer will be correct. Questions will be available in English, Urdu, and Marathi language.
Ques: What is the age requirement for appearing in MHT CET 2021?
Ans: There is no age limit prescribed for appearing in MHT CET 2021.