West Bengal Post Graduate Medical/Dental Admission Test (WB PG MAT) is a state level entrance examination conducted by the West Bengal University of Health Sciences for the admissions to Post Graduate Degree and Diploma medical courses at various institutes/colleges in the state of West Bengal. Through WBPGMAT, the candidates can take up admissions to 5 seats in MS, 19 seats in MD, 15 seats in Diploma and 7 seats in MNS courses.
Aspirants can check complete details on WB PG MAT from the article mentioned below on this page.
PG admissions will be offered through NEET PG.
It is must for all candidates to check the important eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. The details of WB PG MAT eligibility criteria are given below:
- Only the candidates belong to India are eligible to apply.
- The applicant must be a permanent resident and domicile in the state of West Bengal.
- The applicant must have passed M.B.B.S./B.D.S from a recognized institute that affiliated with the Medical Council of India/ Dental Council Of India
- The applicant must have completed their Internship on or before April 30, 2018.
It’s a pen and paper mode entrance examination and the exam syllabus for the same is prescribed by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and the Dental Council of India (DCI).
- There should be separate exam for Medical and Dental Candidates. The Medical exam comprises of 200 questions whereas dental exam consisted of 100 questions.
- Each right answer will get 1 Marks.
- There’s no negative marking system for incorrect or unanswered questions.
The application form of the exam is expected to out in the month of December 2018. Interested and Eligible candidates can apply for it online. Only the candidates who submitted the application form on or before the deadline are considered for review. Further information regarding Application fees, Results, etc details will added to this space on later.
The admit card of the exam will be available only online. The institute will not send admit card either by Post or via email.
The controller of exams will release the results of the exam on its official website (http://www.wbuhsexams.in/Display_Info/frm_Result.aspx). To view the results, the applicant must have to enter Identification Number/User ID and Password. By any means, if the candidate lost the password, click the ‘Forgot Password’ link to recover the forgotten password. The minimum marks percentage required for qualifying general category is 50%, while the candidates belonging to SC/ST categories need to secure a minimum of 40% in WB PG MAT.