UPPGMET (Uttar Pradesh Post Graduate Medical Entrance) is a state level entrance exam conducting annually by UP Unaided Medical Colleges Welfare association which is an apex body of Unaided Minority as well as Non-Minority medical Colleges in Uttar Pradesh. Annually, UPPGMET exam will conduct in the fourth week of January at five centers in India. In this article, we’re giving an overview about UPPGMET 2017. The details such as results, application form, syllabus, eligibility and exam dates info were mentioned in this write-up. Share your comments and opinions in the comment section shown below or ask us a query on our entrance exam web forum.
Name of The exam: Uttar Pradesh Post Graduate Medical Entrance (UPPGMET)
Organizer: Uttar Pradesh Unaided Medical Colleges Welfare Association
Nos of Participating Universities: 8
Eligibility to attend the Programme
- The applicant must have passed MB.B.S from a reputed institute in India, which is recognized by Medical Council of India.
- The applicant must have registered with state medical council/medical council of India
- The applicant must have completed their M.B.B.S internship on or before April 01,2017
- NRI/Foreign candidates are also eligible to apply only if they fulfill all the above mentioned three eligibility norms and must have gained an approval from Medical Council of India. (See web site: http://www.mciindia.org/)
UPPGMET 2017 Exam pattern and Syllabus
It’s an online examination. The duration of the exam will be of 3 Hours and it will be held at five centers in India- (i) New Delhi / Delhi (ii) Noida/ Greater Noida (iii) Varanasi (iv) Lucknow and (v) Chandigarh. Check out the highlights of UPPGMET 2017 shown below.
Exam Type: Multiple Choice online Computer based test.
Total Duration of the Exam: 3 Hours (After noon secession)
Total No of questions: 250
Marks system: 1 mark are given for right answers
1/4 (0.25) will deducted for incorrect answers
|Name of The Subjects||Approximate number of questions|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology||15|
|Ear, Nose and Throat
|TB & Respiratory disease||4|
The candidates can collect application form either through online or Offline. Details regarding both methods are shown below.
The candidates can purchase UPPGMET 2017 application via the cash counters of participating colleges. The application form fee UPPGMET 2017 will be Rs.3,500/-. You have to remit the amount through cash mode. Fill the application carefully. Make sure that every details you entered is correct. Send your application form along with the required documents to UPPGMET 2016, First Floor, Anand Ashram Complex, Rampur Garden, Bareilly – 243 001.
Application via Demand Draft
The application can download from the official website of UPPGMET. Print the application on A-4 SHEET. Fill the application with relevant data and send it along with Docs and Demand Draft of Rs. 3500/- to coordinator UPPGMET 2017, First Floor, Anand Ashram Complex, Rampur Garden, Bareilly – 243 001.
Note: The Demand draft should draw in favor of “UPUMCWA” payable at Bareilly (U.P.)
The candidates can apply via online also. The online application will be available on its official website from second week of October. Enter the required details, color size photograph, signature and Left hand thumb impression as per prescribed dimension. The demand draft number must be added in the suggested tabs. Click on ‘Submit’ once after fill-up all the information in right manner. Take a print of the confirmation page and send it along with Docs and Demand Draft via speed post to- “Coordinator – UPPGMET 2016, First Floor, Anand Ashram Complex, Rampur Garden, Bareilly – 243 001”
The List of Documents that you attach along with application form and DD
- Gazetted officer/principal of institution attested copy of M.B.B.S. Final & Pre-Final certificate.
- Gazetted officer/principal of institution attested xerox copy of “Compulsory Rotatory Residential Internship.”
- Gazetted officer/principal of institution attested copy of 10+2 mark sheet.
- Gazetted officer/principal of institution attested copy of 10th
- Four copies of recent Photograph.
Keep In Mind
- Once before sending it to the mentioned address, make sure that all the details that you entered are correct.
- The candidates are advised to note down the UPPGMET 2017 application form number and DD number for future reference
- In case you needed further assistance, please contact the address shown below.
Important Dates (Tentative)
|UPPGMET 2017 exam events||Important Dates|
|UPPGMET 2017 Application Form Starts from
|Second week of October 2016|
|UPPGMET Forms available at participating colleges
|Second week of November 2016|
|Last Date for UPPGMET form submission through online mode
|First week of January 2017|
|Deadline to apply
|First week of 2017|
|Last date to download admit card
|Second week of January 2017|
|Date of Entrance exam
|Thirrd week of January 2017|
|Result declaration date
|Second Week of February 2017|
Candidates can download admit card from its official website after entering the registration number.
Note: If in case the candidate lost the admit card, for retrieving it, they must have submit all the docs shown below
- Two passport size photograph (Same as it pasted on application form previously)
- 100 for issuing duplicate admit card
- The proof of sending application via speed post
- Photocopy of the application form and Number
- Any nationally accepting proofs such as Passport/ Voter ID/Pan Card/DL/ High school Certificate
UPPGMET result is expected to declare on February 2017. The org only declares the results of candidates who will score 50% marks in the entrance examination. In case multiple candidates obtain equal marks in the entrance exam, then the candidate name will declare on the basis of their intermediate score and age consideration. Older will get more preference than younger.
U.P. Unaided Medical Colleges Welfare Association
Ist Floor, Anand Ashram Complex,
Rampur Garden, Bareilly (U.P.)