UPCMET (Uttar Pradesh Combined Medical Entrance Test) 2017 is organized by UP Unaided Medical Colleges Welfare Association for admission to MBBS course at its participating medical institutes. The exam will be conducted in the month of May, 2017 and application form gets announced in the month of October, 2016. Candidates seeking admission to MBBS programme through UPCMET then should go through this article for complete information.
Eligibility Criteria for UPCMET 2017
Check here the minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in the test:
Candidates should be a resident of India.
Minimum age of candidates should be 17 years as on December 31, 2017.
Passed 10+2 or its equivalent from UP Board/CBSE/ISC with Physics, Biology, Chemistry and English and obtained minimum 50% marks in aggregate for General/OBC candidates and 45% for SC/ST
Important Dates (Tentative Exam Schedule)
|Online submission or Purchase or download of application form begins from||October, 2016|
|Deadline for application form submission||May, 2017|
|Entrance examination date||May, 2017|
|Declaration of result||Second Week of June 2017|
|Counseling process date||July, 2017|
How to Apply for UPCMET 2017?
- Candidates can download the application form from the official website.
- Application form can be obtained from any of the participating institutes with the payment of Rs. 1050/-. The payment of fee should be made in favour of “UPUMCWA” payable at “Bareilly.
- Candidates are also allowed to obtain the form via post from “Coordinator – UPCMET 2016, First Floor, Anand Ashram Complex, Rampur Garden, Bareilly – 243 001”. In this case candidates will be required to send a demand draft amounting Rs. 1050/- to the concerned authority.
- It is also possible to fill up the application form in online mode and remit the fee through net banking, debit card/credit card.
- At the last, candidates need to take print out of the confirmation page.
Go through the exam pattern of UPCMET 2017 furnished below:
- The test will be conducted in pen and paper mode.
- Question paper will be available in English only.
- There will be total 250 questions. Paper 1 will contain 200 marks where paper II is of 50 marks.
- Paper 1 (Physics – 50, Chemistry – 50, Zoology – 50, Botany – 50).
- Paper 2 (General English – 50).
- Mark for each correct answer- +1 mark
- Mark for each incorrect answer: -1/4 (0.25) mark
You can download your admit card from the official website in the month of April, 2017. Without admit card you can’t enter into the examination hall, so obtain this document within the given deadline.
UPCMET 2017 Result
The respective authority will publish the exam result in the month of June, 2017. Talking about the cut off percentage for Paper I and II is 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC category candidates).
Counseling process will be conducted in offline mode and all successful candidates will have to attend the process individually on the prescribed date and time.
U.P. Unaided Medical Colleges Welfare Association
Ist Floor, Anand Ashram Complex,
Rampur Garden, Bareilly (U.P.)