PGIMER 2019 – The test is organized by Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh for admission to MD/MS programmes. The exam is conducted two times in a year i.e. in the month of January and July. Candidates must ensure their eligibility before they apply for PGIMER.
Eligibility Criteria- PGIMER 2019
If you are interested to apply for PGIMER 2018 then you must need to meet with following eligibility criteria. Candidates not fulfilling these criteria are not permitted to apply for the test.
- Candidates should be having MBBS degree from university hold reorganization with State Medical Council or Medical Council of India.
- Candidates should hold registration with State or Central Medical council of India.
- Candidates also need to complete their rotating internship before the specified deadline.
Important Dates- Released
For July Session
|Sl. No||Events of the Test||Respective Dates|
|1.||Application form availability begins from||March 2019|
|2.||Last Date for submission of the form||April 2019|
|3.||Date of making payment of fee through SBI bank||April 2019|
|4.||Date of Examination||May 2019|
|5.||Result would be published||May 2019|
|6.||Date of Counselling Round 1||June 2019|
|7.||Date of Counselling Round 2||July 2019|
|8.||Date of Counselling Round 3||July 2019|
|9.||Date of Counselling Round 4 Date||August 2019|
How to Apply?
Application form will be filled in online mode from November 2018 (for January session) and March 2019 (for July session). It’d be essential to read the eligibility section part before you apply for the test. Depositing the requisite amount of fee is also necessary for a successful application. The mentioned amount of fee can be deposited i.e. Rs. 800/- (for SC/ST) and Rs. 1000/- (for others) through e-challan at any branch of SBI bank.
Check out below the prescribed exam pattern of PGIMER 2018 for better level of preparation.
- All questions will be based on what you have studied in MBBS programme.
- The test would be of 3 hours duration and paper will contain only one section.
- Questions are basically from Pre-clinical, Para-clinical and Clinical Phase.
- Language mode of the question paper will be English only.
- Negative marking rule would be applicable for incorrectly answered questions, so be careful while answering questions.
You can download your admit card only if your application form has submitted by the respective authority. Major information that can be found in the admit card are your name, roll number, centre of the exam, exam time etc.
PGIMER 2019 Result
PGIMER result will be declared very soon after completion of the test. You can check your result simply by entering your application number and date of birth. Only such candidates can view their respective result who score the minimum qualifying marks as recommended by the authority.
- For General- 55%
- For OPH, OBC, SC/ST, Foreign Nationals, Rural Area: 50%
Allotment of MD/MS seats will be done via personal counselling conducted by the respective authority. Total number of candidates called for counselling process will be three times the actual number of seats available. You’ll be intimated the actual dates for counselling process through this article.