NEET UG Result and Merit List 2018– Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is responsible to conduct National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET), evaluate answer sheets of aspirants and declare the result. The authority will organize the NEET exam most likely in the month of May 2018. Candidates can check the result/score card of NEET 2018 probably in June 2018. Aspirants would be capable to check their result online from the official website of NEET at cbseneet.nic.in. The result of NEET 2018 will be valid only for that particular session. For exact date and other information, candidates should visit this page on a regular interval of time.
NEET Result 2018
Post declaration of the result, the Central Board of Secondary Education will prepare merit list/wait list according to the directives of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, DGHS, MCI and DCI. Please keep in mind there will be no separate result list gets declared for SC/ST category applicants.
Once the authority publishes the result at its official website candidates would be capable to download their rank card accordingly.
Instructions to Check Your NEET 2018 Result
- First of all, candidates are required to go to the official website of exam conducting authority.
- You need to click the link to check your result.
- Soon after clicking the respective link, the page will appear on the screen.
- On the result page, you need to enter your roll number, date of birth and verification code.
- After entering these details you need to click the “Submit” button.
- Your result will be made available on the screen.
- Finally, you need to take the printout of your result for the reference purpose.
NEET Merit List 2018
According to the NEET 2018 eligibility criteria, as prescribed by the Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India, the authority will prepare the All India merit list for successful applicants. Candidates will get a rank according to the marks scored by them in the test.
Preparation of NEET 2018 Merit List
The conducting body i.e. CBSE will prepare an All India Merit List of the selected candidates for MBBS/BDS admissions on the basis of their NEET 2018 scores and the eligibility criteria as set by the Board. NEET 2018 Merit list will consist of an equal number of seats available in the UG Medical programmes. It will also include a waiting list which is four times more than the number of seats in the merit list.
The NEET UG 2018 Score/ Result/Merit List will be given to the DGHS (Directorate General of Health Services), Ministry of Health and Family welfare, Govt of India for the allotment of seats.
Resolution of Tie
If two or more candidates have scored equal marks in the exam, their merit will be decided by using Inter-se-Merit method. The order of preference used in this method will be as following:-
- Preference will be given to the candidate in Biology (Botany & Zoology) in the Test.
- In case of further tie, candidates having higher marks in Chemistry will be given preference.
- Further tie, candidates who given less number of wrong answers in the paper will be given preference.
- If there will still tie in the marks then older age criteria will be followed.
CBSE NEET UG 2018 Score Card
The Score card of NEET 2018 will include the details like name of candidate, Gender, Date of Birth, Father’s name, Mother’s name, Nationality, Application Number, Candidate’s roll number, Category/Sub-category, Total marks obtained in NEET 2018, NEET 2018 Physics scores, NEET 2018 Chemistry score and Biology scores, NEET Category rank, Total percentile, candidate’s NEET 2018 All India Rank, Cut off score for counselling under 15% All India Quota, Qualifying status as- qualified or not-qualified, and NEET All India Quota rank 2018
Minimum passing Marks /Cutoff for NEET 2018 Result
Aspirants who appeared in NEET 2018 Exam are needed to score a minimum percentage of marks to be announced as qualified in the qualifying examination. The details of required percentile for different categories are listed below:
|Category of candidate||Percentile Requirement|
|Unreserved (General)||50 %|
|Locomotor disability of lower limbs||45 %|
The article will keep on updating with the latest information as released by the authority. Therefore, All NEET 2018 aspirants are advised to keep visiting the page on a regular interval of time.