Candidates should check the NEET PG examination scheme before preparing for the exam. The exam pattern of NEET PG may help the candidates to get familiar with the nature of syllabus, type of question, marking scheme, exam duration and number of questions etc. As per the previous year notice regarding NEET PG exam pattern, the paper included 300 multiple choice type question and candidates were given 3 hours 30 minutes to complete the exam. Four marks will be given for each correct answer while 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong response. The exam will be held in online mode i.e. a computer-based test.
Highlights on examination pattern
|NEET PG events||Details|
|Examination name||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post Graduate|
|Commonly known as||NEET PG|
|Mode of exam||Online (computer-based test)|
|Conducting session||Single session|
|Syllabus||Based on MBBS level syllabus|
|Marking scheme||+4 marks for correct response|
|Negative marking||– 1 mark for every wrong answer|
|Qualifying criteria||50% for general category, 40% for SC/ST/OBC category and 45% PH candidates|
NEET PG Exam Pattern 2019
- NEET PG is a qualifying-cum-ranking test conducted for aspirants seeking admission to MD/MS/PG Diploma programmes offered by medical institutions located across the country.
- Candidates will be given 300 multiple choice questions to solve in the exam having one correct response. All questions will be provided in English language only.
- There shall be negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong response given in the exam.
- The total duration of the test will be 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- Candidates can appear in the test either in forenoon session or afternoon session.
Subject-Wise Distribution of Questions
Aforesaid information will help candidates while preparing the right strategy for the exam. Candidates should be well-aware with NEET PG exam pattern and syllabus before they appear in the exam and start preparing for the same.