The National Board of Examination will conduct NEET PG 2020. It is single window entrance examination for admission to PG medical courses such as MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses. Please remember that no other entrance examination either at institution or state level is considered valid for entry to MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses. NEET PG 2020 is accepted nationwide in the following means-
- All India 50% quota seats for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses (all states excluding Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, and Jammu & Kashmir)
- State quota seats for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses for all States/Union territories of India (including the states of Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, & Jammu & Kashmir)
- MD/MS/PG Diploma courses at all Private Medical Colleges, Institutions & Universities/Deemed Universities all over the country.
- MD/MS/PG Diploma courses at Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions.
- DNB Broad specialty courses
Important Note– Following institutions are not covered under Centralized Admission Process through NEET PG 2020:
- AIIMS, New Delhi
- JIPMER, Puducherry
- PGIMER, Chandigarh
- NIMHANS, Bengaluru
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum
An Overview of NEET PG 2020
|Purpose of the test||Offering admission to MD/MS/PG Diploma courses|
|Pattern of the Exam||MCQ based exam with single correct response|
|No. of questions||300|
|Exam Duration||3 Hrs. 30 min.|
|Negative Marking Rule||For every incorrect attempt, 1 mark will be deducted|
|Exam Syllabus||According to the Graduate Medical Education
|Mode of the exam||Computer based exam|
|Deadline of online application||Last week of November 2019|
|Exam date||January 2020|
|Result to be declared by||January 2020|
NEET PG 2020 Important Dates
Check out here the tentative calendar for NEET PG 2020. The dates given in the table are to be replaced by actual dates soon after the release of its respective notification.
|Information bulleting to be available from||October 2019, Third week|
|Online registration for NEET PG 2020||Last week of October to Last week of November 2019|
|Date of NEET PG 2020||January 2020|
|Result to be declared by||January 2020|
NEET PG Syllabus 2020
NEET PG 2020 syllabus comprises of subjects areas according to the Graduate Medical Education Regulations as notified by Medical Council of India. Questions are to be asked from following subject areas. You may refer the syllabus further.
- SOCIAL AND PREVENTIVE MEDICINE
- FORENSIC MEDICINE
- SURGERY, ENT, ORTHOPEDICS & ANAESTHESIA
- MEDICINE DERMATOLOGY AND VENEREOLOGY
- OBSTETRICS AND GYNAECOLOGY
- RADIODIAGNOSIS & RADIOTHERAPY
NEET PG 2020 Exam Pattern
Now, let’s talk about the exam pattern for NEET PG 2020-
- Exam Mode– NEET PG is a computer-based test.
- Questions’ Type– All the questions will be multiple choice questions with single correct response.
- of Questions– The total number of questions will be 300.
- Exam duration– 3hr 30 min
- Negative Marking– 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- Positive marks– Every correct attempt will lead to 4 marks.
Distributions of Questions
|Sl. No||Subjects Involved||No. of Questions|
|8.||SOCIAL AND PREVENTIVE MEDICINE||25|
|9.||MEDICINE DERMATOLOGY AND VENEREOLOGY||37|
|10.||SURGERY, ENT, ORTHOPEDICS & ANAESTHESIA||46|
|11.||RADIODIAGNOSIS & RADIOTHERAPY||12|
|12.||OBSTETRICS AND GYNAECOLOGY||25|
|In Total=||300 Questions|
Best Books to Prepare for NEET PG 2020
Based on the syllabus and exam pattern illustrated above, we are specifying the name of best books for the preparation.
|Sl. No||Subjects Involved||Suggested Book|
|1.||For ANATOMY||Gray’s Anatomy, International Edition|
|2.||For PHYSIOLOGY||Ganong’s Medical Physiology by
Kim E. Barrett
|3.||For BIOCHEMISTRY||Harper’s Illustrated Biochemistry 30th Edition|
|4.||For PHARMACOLOGY||Basic and Clinical Pharmacology by Katzung B.G|
|5.||For MICROBIOLOGY||Jawetz, Melnick and Adelberg’s Medical microbiology by Carroll|
|6.||For PATHOLOGY||Robbins Basic Pathology by Abbas,Kumar,Aster|
|7.||For FORENSIC MEDICINE||Dr. P.C.Ignatius Forensic Medicine and Toxicology|
NEET PG 2020 Application Form
Candidates can register and submit the application form for NEET PG 2020 through the official website of the National Board Examination i.e. www.nbe.edu.in. Candidates must go through the prescribed registration guide before proceeding further.
The online registration process is expecting to be commenced in the third week of October 2019. Candidates do not have any other option rather than submitting the form online.
Upon submission of the form they will get a computer generated acknowledgement. The same will be sent to them through mail as well. Candidates must preserve the hard copy of filled application form till the admission process lasts.
- GEN/OBC categories- Rs. 3750/-
- SC/ST/PwD (PH) categories- Rs.2750/-
- Payment Mode- Internet Banking, Credit Card or Debit Card
NEET PG Eligibility Criteria
Probably, now you’d have an overall idea about NEET PG 2020 application process. Here comes the time to verify your eligibility first. Please remember an ineligible candidate is not allowed to take the test.
Indian as well as Foreign nationals are permitted to apply for NEET PG.
- An MBBS degree holder or candidates having Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council. They should have permanent or provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the Medical Council of India or State Medical Council.
- Additionally, candidates should have completed one of internship or likely to complete the same on or before 31st March 2020.
Eligibility Criteria for All India 50% Quota Seats
If candidates have passed the qualifying exam i.e. MBBS from the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir, then they are not eligible for All India 50% Quota seats. However, in case they are nominated by the Government of India to study MBBS programme from Medical College in erstwhile Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir then they are eligible.
NEET PG 2020 Admit Card
On the day of exam, candidates have to bring following documents-
- Hard copy of admit card with their photograph pasted on it;
- Photocopy of Permanent / Provisional SMC/MCI registration;
- One of the photo identity proofs- PAN card/ Voter ID/ Driving license/Passport/ Aadhar Card (with photograph).
The admit card will be sent to candidates’ registered email ID usually 4 days before commencement of the exam.
NEET PG Result 2020
NEET PG 2020 result is possible to be declared by January 2020. Candidates can check their respective result from the official website simply by entering the roll number and date of birth. Additionally, they are also allowed to download their scorecard in PDF format.
NEET PG 2020 FAQ
Ques- What is NEET PG?
Ans- NEET PG is a single postgraduate medical test conducting for admission to several MD/MS and PG Diploma Courses.
Ques- Is NEET PG mandatory for admission to any Postgraduate Medical Courses?
Ans– Yes, it is mandatory.
Ques- Explain the exam format of NEET PG 2020.
Ans– NEET PG 2020 is going to be held on computer-based test (CBT) platform. Candidates need to read the questions on a computer screen and select the appropriate answer by using a mouse. There will be 300 questions in total.
Ques- What is the exam fee?
Ans- The exam fee is Rs. 3750 for General/OBC candidates and Rs. 2750 for SC/ST/PWD category candidates.
Ques- Define Test Timings and Reporting Timing?
|Events||Forenoon Session||Afternoon Session|
|Entry Time at Reporting Counters||9:00 AM||2:45 PM|
|Reporting Counter Entry will be Closed on||9:30 AM||3:15 PM|
|Check-in Procedure starts||9:00 AM to 10:00 AM||2:45 PM TO 3:45 PM|
|Exam will start by||10:00 AM||3:45 PM|
|Exam will end by||1:45 PM||7:30 PM|
Ques- Who is going to conduct counselling for DNB courses?
Ans- NBE will conduct Centralized merit based Counseling based on candidates’ NEET PG score for admission to DNB Courses.
Ques: Who is going to conduct the counseling process for All India 50% quota seats?
Ans– It will be conducted by Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) of Director General of Health Services, Government of India.