NEET Eligibility Criteria 2018– The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has decided some norms/conditions for NEET 2018 exam. All the aspirants who are going to appear in the exam must satisfy the prescribed NEET 2018 eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is a national level medical entrance exam conducts for offering admission to MBBS & BDS courses in various government & private colleges in India. All NEET aspirants are instructed to first read the prescribed eligibility norms carefully and then proceed to NEET application form filling process. Candidates, who are found themselves eligible according to the norms of exam conducting authority, can only apply. Therefore, ensure your eligibility before you move to apply for NEET exam.
In case a candidate does not satisfy the prescribed eligibility conditions, he/she cannot appear in the exam under any circumstance. Through this post, aspirants can check complete details about NEET Eligibility Criteria 2018 including qualification required, age criteria, number of attempts etc.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2018
Aspirants should check their eligibility before filling the NEET application form 2018. Here, we have explained the detailed information about NEET Eligibility 2018:
- Only Indian Nationals and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) are permitted to apply for NEET 2018.
- Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) would be given admission to medical and dental programmes according to the norms prescribed by State Government and Government of India.
- Candidates should be completing the age of 17 years at the time of admission or on or before 31st December 2018.
- The upper age limit for appearing in NEET exam was removed in the year 2017. However, the NEET 2018 age limit, is yet to be decided. We’ll intimate you once the official notification will be announced in this regard.
NEET 2018 attempt limit
Earlier, the number of attempts which an applicant can avail at NEET 2018 examination will be limited to 3 (three) and candidates who have already appeared in AIPMT/NEET on 3 times are not allowed to appear in the exam. However, according to the new announcement made by the authority, CBSE has rolled back a restraint of 3 attempts and the examination taken in 2017 will be taken as the first attempt irrespective of earlier attempts.
- Candidates should have done higher/senior secondary examination or ISCE which is equivalent to 10+2 exam after a period of 12 years study
- Candidates should pass the above qualifying examination in Chemistry, Physics, English and Biology/Biotechnology individually and have obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate in Chemistry, Physics and Biology/Biotechnology (40% for SC/OBC/ST/ SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH category and 45% for Gen-PH category candidates).
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination can also apply. They must have to produce the passing certificates meeting with the percentage criteria at the time of first round of counselling.
Eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats
Candidate must be the citizen of India, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs) & Foreign Nationals.
For J & K, AP & Telangana States:
- Candidates from the state of J&K, AP and Telangana are eligible for 15% All India Quota seats only for the admission to the AFMC, Pune on account of self-declaration.
- Candidates belong to Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, and J & K can appear in NEET 2018 exam for admission to Private Medical/Dental Colleges or any Private/Deemed University and Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune.
Eligibility conditions for 85% State Quota Seats
All the participating states of NEET 2018 will offer their 85% seats of MBBS/BDS courses though state counselling, whereas the rest of 15% of the seats will be provided through All India centralized counselling. Candidates can check below the NEET eligibility criteria 2018 for the 85% quota seats of the states:
- Aspirants should have done/ appearing their 10th and 12th class examination from the state.
- Candidate should hold a valid domicile certificate of the state.
- Applicants need to possess a permanent residency proof of the state
Important points of NEET Eligibility Criteria 2018
Candidates can check below some important information regarding eligibility criteria for NEET 2018:
- Earlier, as per the CBSE regulations, the NEET Attempt limit has set to three and candidates who had already used their three attempts will not be eligible to take NEET. However, as per the latest announcement released on February 3, 2017, CBSE has rolled back a restriction of three attempts and the NEET exam taken in 2017 will be considered as the first attempt irrespective of previous attempts
- The minimum NEET 2018 age limit for candidates should be 17 years at the time of admission.
- Indian Nationals, NRI’s, OCI’s, PIO’s & Foreign Nationals are eligible for appearing in the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (UG), 2018
- There will be no NEET 2018 Upper age criteria as per the officials.
- Aspirants appearing for Class 12th examination in 2018 are also eligible to appear for the entrance test provisionally depending on their satisfying the conditions afterward.