NEET Eligibility Criteria 2017– All NEET aspirants are instructed to read prescribed eligibility norms before filling up the NEET application form. Candidates, who are found themselves eligible according to the norms of exam conducting authority, can only apply. Therefore, ensure your eligibility before you move to apply for NEET exam.
- Only Indian nationals and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) are permitted to apply for NEET UG 2017.
- Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) would be given admission to medical and dental programmes according to the norms prescribed by state Government and Government of India.
- Candidates should be completing the age of 17 years at the time of admission or on or before 31st December, 2017.
- The maximum age of Aspirants seeking admission under 15% All India Quota seats should be 25 years (30 years for OBC/SC/SC category applicants) as on December 31st, 2017.
- Date of Birth: For general category applicants (born on or between 08.05.1992 and 01.01.2001 & For SC/ST/OBC Category (born on or between 08.05.1987 and 01.01.2001).
- Candidates should pass in Chemistry, Physics, English and Biology/Bio-technology individually and have obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate in Chemistry, Physics and Biology/Bio-technology (40% for SC/OBC/ST/ SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH category and 45% for Gen-PH category candidates).