NEET 2020: The National Testing Agency (NTA) will be conducting a common entrance test for providing the candidates admissions in different medical schools all over the country. This test, known as NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Exam), is considered as the most prominent medical exam. The different entrance exam is conducted to provide admission in undergraduate and postgraduate courses. For undergraduate, NEET UG is organized and for the postgraduate degree, NEET PG is organized. The interested candidates can get an overview of NEET 2020 from our article.
Latest- NEET 2020 will be conducted two times a year in February and May 2020. However, it is not compulsory to appear in both the tests. The two tests will be equated using psychometric methods, standardization techniques and best of the equated scores will be used for the admissions.
NEET 2020 Important Dates
|Events||Tentative Dates for FEB 2020||Tentative Dates for May 2020|
|Release of Application form||1st week of October 2019||To be Updated|
|Last date for filling the application form and application fee||October 2019, last week||To be Updated|
|Correction Window Open||To be Updated||To be Updated|
|Admit Card Availability||To be Updated||To be Updated|
|Date of Exam||1st week to 3rd week Feb 2020||2nd week to 4th week of May 2020|
|Declaration of Result||1st week of March 2020||1st week of June 2020|
NEET 2020 Pattern
The NEET exam is conducted in the pen-and-paper mode. All the questions asked are of objective type and there will be 4 marks awarded for each correct answer. There is negative marking for the answers attempted wrong. For each incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted. The duration of the paper will be 3 hours and the paper will be provided in 11 different languages: English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Oriya, Urdu, Marathi and Telugu.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
The syllabus for the NEET 2020 will be based on the 11th and 12th standard curriculum. The whole syllabus for the exam is prescribed by the Medical Council of India (MCI). The topics are covered from the Chemistry, Physics, Zoology and Botany subjects.
Preparation Tips for NEET 2020
Clearing the NEET will allow you to take admissions in some of the finest medical colleges situated all over the country. So, it becomes very important to prepare rigorously for this exam. Here are some basic tips that will help the students to prepare well for the NEET 2020 examination:
- It is very important to collect all the important study material before you start your preparation.
- Time-management is very important while preparing for NEET, so the students are advised to make a proper timetable.
- Practicing previous years’ papers is considered quite helpful while preparing for the entrance exam.
- The most important thing is that you remain healthy and stress-free while preparing for the NEET 2020.
Recommended Books for NEET 2020
The following books are considered to be the most helpful while preparing for NEET 2020:
- For Physics: HC Verma and NCERT
- For Chemistry: New Pattern Chemistry by RK Gupta and NCERT
- For Biology: Objective Biology by Dinesh and NCERT
NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant must have passed class 12th examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as compulsory subjects. The appearing candidates are also eligible. The qualifying marks obtained must be at least 50%.
- The applicants should have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of the admission.
- The upper age limit is 25 years. A relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit is provided to the SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- The candidates of Indian Nationality, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons with Indian Origin (PIOs) & Foreign Nationals are eligible to appear in NEET 2020.
Application Form for NEET 2020
The application form for NEET 2020 will be released in the month of February. The form will be available online on the official website. The candidates will have to register themselves before they can start filling out the form. Registration will be done using a valid email id and mobile number. After filling the application form correctly, the candidates can submit it along with the application fee of Rs 1400/- for UR/OBC candidates and Rs 750/- for the SC/ST/PH candidates.