NEET 2018: National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET 2018) is a national level medical entrance Examination. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts the exam to screen the candidates for admission to the MBBS and BDS seats in India. NEET 2018 official notification is yet to be announced, however, as per the last year notification, the exam is possible to be conducted in the month of May 2018 and application form for the same will be available from December 2017. Candidates may find some sort of changes in this post after the announcement of NEET official notification for the year 2018.
On the basis of the score attained by the candidates in NEET, they will get admission in the medical colleges. Candidates can read the post to check complete information about the NEET 2018.
Latest News for NEET 2018
NEET application form 2018 will be available most probably in December 2017.
URDU needs to be included in NEET 2018- Says Supreme Court
Eligibility Criteria for NEET 2018
Candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria before applying for NEET 2018. We are giving an overview about NEET Eligibility criteria, please have a look:
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) will also be eligible to apply for the exam.
- Candidates, willing to apply for NEET, must have their valid Aadhaar card.
- Candidates of J&K/AP/Telangana are eligible for All India 15% quota only according to the self declaration.
- The minimum age limit for NEET is 17 years as on 31st December 2018.
- The upper age limit was previously set to 25 years, but it was removed in the year 2017. We’ll update you with exact upper age criteria after release of NEET 2018 information brochure.
- For the candidates of the reserved category, the upper age limit will be 30 years.
- Applicants must have passed the higher secondary examination from a recognized board.
- They must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology (PCB) along with English as a mandatory subject.
- Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in the 12th standard exam.
- The marks criteria for the candidates of the SC/ST/OBC category is 40%, whereas, this criteria is 45% for Gen-PH category.
Reservation of seats for different categories is mentioned here:
- Scheduled Caste (SC) – 15 %
- Schedule Tribe (ST) – 7.5 %
- OBC–Non-creamy Layer – 27%
- Physically Handicapped (PH)- 3%
NEET 2018 Important Dates
|Availability of application form starts from||December 2017|
|Closing date to submit online application form (without late fee)||December 2017|
|Closing date to submit online application form (with late fee)||January 2018|
|Admit card will be released on||April 2018|
|Exam Date of NEET 2018||May 2018|
|Result will be announced on||June 2018|
|NEET 2018 counseling will be held on||To be announced later|
NEET Application Form 2018: How to apply
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply for NEET 2018 via online mode only.
- The NEET Application form will be available on the official website of CBSE in the month of December 2017.
- While filling the form, candidates are required to read all the information mentioned on the information brochure.
- Without Aadhaar number, you can not fill up the form correctly.
- If you belong to J & K/Andhra Pradesh/Telangana state then you’ll have to submit the self declaration.
- You need to upload scanned copy of your signature (3 KB- 20 KB) and photograph (10 KB-100 KB) in JPG format.
- Make payment of application fee amounting Rs.1400/- (For GEN/OBC) and Rs.700/- (For SC/ST/PH). Candidates may pay the application fee by using credit card/debit card/net banking/UPI/E-Wallet of numerous service providers.
- Candidates can make the correction in the application form through the official website only.
- An Applicant needs to submit only one application.
- Submission of multiple applications won’t be considered valid.
- The application fee for all the candidates will be Rs. 1400/-.
- The application fee for the candidates of the reserved category will be Rs. 750/-.
- Candidates can pay the application fee through the credit card, debit card or net banking/UPI/E-Wallet of numerous service providers.
- The application fee can be paid through the bank challan also.
NEET Examination Pattern
- NEET 2018 will be a pen & paper based entrance test. The authority will conduct the examination in the month of May.
- There will be 180 questions in the exam.
- Every question will be of 4 marks.
- The question paper will be a multiple choice question paper.
- Every question will have 4 options.
- The duration of the question paper will be 3 hours.
- The questions in the exam will be from Chemistry, Physics, Botany and Zoology.
- The authority will conduct the exam in Hindi, English, Assamese, Tamil, Bengali, Marathi, Gujarati and Telugu languages.
- There will be negative marking of 1 mark in the question paper.
Read Here- NEET Exam Pattern 2018
Read Here- Quick Tips to Prepare for NEET
The syllabus of the NEET 2018 exam is usually available with the official notification. Candidates will find the syllabus following the 10+2 and 10+2 exam syllabus. With the guidance of Medical Council of India, CBSE has prepared uniform syllabus
NEET 2018 Admit Card
- Authority will release the admit card through the official website.
- Candidates can get the admit card in the month of April 2018.
- It will be necessary for the candidates to take the printout of the admit card.
- Moreover, candidates will reach the examination center, not a without admit card.
- The admit card shall have all the details such as exam date, exam duration, reporting time and the venue of the exam.
- The conducting authority will release the NEET 2018 answer key in the month of June 2018.
- The answer key will help the candidates find the score candidates may get in the exam.
NEET 2018 Result
- NEET result will be announced in the month of June 2018.
- Candidates can check the result on the official website only.
- They will have to put the credentials such as roll number and the registration number to get the result.
- Candidates need to download the result card which they will show to the counseling board.
Scorecard of NEET 2018 will be available after the release of result. NEET Scorecard will include the details of marks and all India rank obtained by the candidate. Candidates should keep checking this post to become aware with all latest updates associated with NEET score card.
- Candidates need to attain marks equal or more than the cut-off marks to be eligible for admission in medical colleges.
- The ‘cut off’ marks will depend on the marks attained by the candidates, the number of seats and difficulty level of the question paper.
- Every year, the cutoff criteria varies. Candidates have to clear the cutoff in order to become eligible to appear in the exam.
NEET 2018 Counselling
- Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) will commence the NEET counselling process.
- The counseling process will be conducted online.
- Candidates will be eligible for 85% quota in admission into the colleges of their home state.
- There will be 15% quota for admission in other states.
For more news and updates, stay tune with 99entranceexam