The result for NEET 2018 has been released now. NEET 2018 was successfully conducted on 6th May 2018. It a national Level medical entrance Examination. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts the exam to screen the candidates for admission to the MBBS and BDS seats in India. NEET 2018 complete official notification is releasing very soon. We have highlighted few changes below which are going to be implemented in the coming exam. On the basis of the score attained by the candidates in NEET, they will get admission in the medical colleges. Candidates can read the post to check complete information.
NEET 2018 Notification (Latest News)
NEET 2018 has been released now. Please check below.
NEET 2018 answer key along with test booklet and OMR sheet has been released now officially.
NEET 2018 Admit Card has been released now. The direct link to download the NEET UG Admit card is given below:
Last date to apply for NEET 2018 has been extended till 12th March 2018. Please go to the link for the application given below.
According to Delhi High Court candidates whose age are above 25 years or those have completed the qualifying exam from private/NIOS or those have studied Biology as an additional subject, they may fill up the NEET 2018 application before the given deadline. Further updates will be provided to candidates after next hearing which is going to be held on 6th April 2018.
The official notification form NEET 2018 has been released. The application form is now available online. Please scroll down for the direct link.
NEET 2018 will be conducted on 6th May 2018.
New Changes in NEET
- Students will get 9 attempts to appear in NEET exam. Reserved category candidates will get 14 attempts to appear in NEET exam. – Source Said
- The exam will be bilingual in nature.
NEET 2018 Date: We are getting it from various resource that NEET 2018 will be conducted on 10th May 2018. However, official notification is yet to be made in this regard. Stay connected for further updates.
URDU needs to be included in NEET- Says Supreme Court
CBSE NEET Important Dates
We are providing the important dates of NEET 2018 based on its official notification for the current year.
|Availability of application form starts from||8th Feb 2018|
|Closing date to submit online application form (without late fee)||12th March 2018|
|Last date to submit the application fee||12th March 2018|
|Admit card will be released on||17th April 2018|
|Exam Date||6th May 2018|
|Result will be announced on||June 2018|
|Counseling will be held on||12th June to 24th June 2018|
Preparation Before You Apply for NEET 2018
- List of important information that need to be filled in the application form includes names of Father/Mother and Candidate with exact spellings, Aadhaar Number/ Aadhaar Enrolment Number/Registration Number Issued by CBSE Facilitation Number/ Ration Card Number/ Passport number/bank Account Number/ Other valid Govt. Identity card Number, Address, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, E-mail ID, etc.
- You need to decide the mode of making payment of the fee. One can make the payment of NEET 2018 application fee by using Credit card/Debit card; Net Banking/UPI; E-wallet offered by Common Services Centre and other service providers.
- Scanned copy of Photograph & Signature: The size of the photograph should be in between 10 Kb to 100 Kb, whereas, the size of signature should be in between 3 Kb to 20 Kb. The format of both the images should be in JPG format.
- List of Permissible IDs
|Candidates’ Category||Acceptable IDs|
|For Indian Nationals of all state||Aadhaar Card No., Aadhaar Enrolment No. or Registration No. issued by Facilitation Centre.|
|Indian Nationals belonging to Jammu & Kashmir, Assam, Or Meghalaya||Aadhaar Card No., Aadhaar Enrolment No., Registration No. issued by Facilitation Centre, Bank Account No., Ration Card No., Passport No. or No. of any Other Identity Card issued by Government.|
NEET Exam Pattern 2018
It is extremely important to understand exam pattern if you are appearing in this exam. The knowledge of exam pattern plays a vital role during the exam preparation. Along with that, it also helps you to score well in the exam.
NEET 2018 Date of Entrance Test
The official notification for NEET 2018 is yet to be released, however as per the last year notification, it can be said that that the exam will be conducted in the month of May 2018. Candidates will get 3 hours of time to solve the question paper. For your reference, we are sharing below last year’ time Schedule for NEET UG, please have a look:
|Entry allowed in the Examination Hall||7.30 AM to 9.30 AM|
|Admit card verification by the invigilator||9.30 AM to 9.45 AM|
|Test Booklet distribution process will start||9.45 AM|
|Seal of the Test Booklet will be allowed to be broken/opened for taking out the answer sheet||9.55 AM|
|Latest entry allowed in the examination hall||9.30 AM|
|NEET 2018 exam will start exactly on||10.00 AM|
|NEET 2018 exam will conclude||01.00 PM|
|List of materials that need to be brought on the day of examination||Passport size Photograph and Post Card Size Photograph affixed on proforma, Admit Card|
|Rough Work||Candidates have to do the necessary rough work on the test booklet only.|
|Only Black/Blue Ball Point Pen can be used||Candidates would be provided pen at the exam centre;|
NEET Important Links
- Counselling: Check here
Paper Pattern of the Entrance Test
The exam will consist of 180 objective type questions with four options from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology). Candidates have to mention their answers on the specially designed machine-gradable sheet by using the blue/black ball point only.
The exam will be conducted over a period of 3 hours;
Language Mode of the Question Paper
The question paper is available in English, Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada languages. Candidates who have opted English, they will be provided with the question paper in English language only. In the same way, if a candidate has opted Hindi then he/she will be provided question paper in English as well as Hindi.
Candidates, who have opted the vernacular languages they will be provided bilingual test booklet in following way:
|Sl. No||Question paper medium||Exam centres|
|1.||English and Hindi Medium||Applicable to all exam centres cities;|
|2.||English, Hindi & Bengal||Exam centres in Bengal|
|3.||English, Hindi & Assamese||Exam centres in Assam|
|4.||English, Hindi & Gujarati||Exam centres in Gujarat, Daman, Dadra & Nagar Haveli|
|5.||English, Hindi & Tamil||Exam centres in Tamilnadu|
|6.||English, Hindi & Marathi||Exam centres in Maharashtra|
|7.||English, Hindi & Oriya||Exam centres in Oriya|
|8.||English, Hindi & Telugu||Exam centres in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana|
|9.||English, Hindi & Kannada||Exam centres in Karnataka|
Candidates would be provided 4 marks for every correct attempt made, whereas, 1 marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
NEET Preparation Books and Tips
We are sharing below some of the books that will help you to prepare for NEET exam in the right way. Please go through the listed books:
Books for Biology
- NCERT Biology of Class XI and XII
- Objective Biology by Dinesh
- Trueman’s Biology Vol 1 and 2
- Pradeep Publication’s Biology
- GRB Bathla’s Publication’s for Biology
Books for Physics
- NCERT- Physics Part 1 and Part 2
- Concepts of Physics by H. C. Verma
- D C Pandey Objective Physics
- Problems in General Physics by I. E. Irodov
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick and Walker
Books for Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- NCERT Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd for Organic Chemistry
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J. D. Lee for Inorganic Chemistry
- Modern’s ABC of Chemistry for class 11th and 12th
- Dinesh Chemistry
Above said books will definitely help you to prepare well for the exam. We are also listing few tips to prepare for the exam:
- Become master’s in theory first as only this can help you to solve the numerical questions with ease;
- Solve numerical questions from different books;
- Make an individual note for all important formulas so that you can have a quick look whenever you need it;
- Practice previous years’ question paper;
- Do quick revision of what you have studied before;
CBSE NEET 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus of the NEET 2018 exam is usually available with the official notification. Candidates will find the syllabus following the class XI and XII exam syllabus. With the guidance of Medical Council of India, CBSE has prepared uniform syllabus
Syllabus for Physics
|Sl.No.||Topics from CLASS XI||Topics from CLASS XII|
|2||Behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory||Atoms and Nuclei|
|3||Kinematics||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents|
|4||Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|5||Laws of Motion||Electronic Devices|
|6||Physical world and measurement||Electromagnetic Waves|
|7||Oscillations and Waves||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|9||Properties of Bulk Matter||Optics|
|10||Work, Energy and Power|
Syllabus for Chemistry
|Sl.No.||Topics from CLASS XI||Topics from CLASS XII|
|1||Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|2||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers|
|4||Hydrocarbons||Chemistry in Everyday Life|
|6||Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques||d and f Block Elements|
|9||Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|10||s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)||General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|11||States of Matter: Gases and Liquids||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|12||Some p-Block Elements||Polymers|
|13||Thermodynamics||p- Block Elements|
|14||Structure of Atom||Solutions|
Syllabus for Biology
|Sl. No.||For CLASS XI||For CLASS XII|
|1||Diversity in Living World||Biotechnology and Its Applications|
|2||Cell Structure and Function||Biology and Human Welfare|
|3||Plant Physiology||Ecology and environment|
|5||Structural Organization in Animals and Plants||Genetics and Evolution|
Every candidate has to obtain his/her admit card to become eligible for appearing in the exam.
- The CBSE has released the admit card through the official website.
- Candidates can get the admit card online from 17th April 2018. They should keep in mind that their admit card won’t be shared to them via post.
- It will be necessary for the candidates to take the printout of the admit card.
- If any candidate reaches the examination centre without the admit card then he/she will be barred from appearing in the exam.
- The admit card shall have all the details such as candidate’s Name, Roll Number, Father’s Name, Category, Sub-Category, Signature, Photograph, Date of Birth, Language of Question Paper with Name and Address of examination centre allotted.
The conducting authority will release the answer key in the month of June 2018. The answer key will help the candidates find the score candidates may get in the exam. The authority also provides the opportunity to candidates to challenge in case of any error in the answer key is found. Candidates can put the challenge in online mode by making the payment of Rs.1000/- per answer challenged.
NEET Result 2018
Candidates will be able to check their respective result from the official website of the Central Board of Secondary Education.
- NEET 2018 result will be announced in the month of June 2018.
- Candidates can check the result on the official website only.
- They will have to put the credentials such as roll number and the registration number to get the result.
- Candidates need to download the result card which they will show to the counseling board.
Rules Specified for Re-Checking/Re-Evaluation of Answer Sheets
The machine – gradable Answer Sheets is evaluated by the authority with utmost care and without committing any sort of mistakes. Therefore, no request for re-checking/re-evaluation will be entertained by the authority.
Scorecard will be available after the release of result. NEET Scorecard will include the details of marks and all India rank obtained by the candidate. Candidates should keep checking this post to become aware of all latest updates associated with NEET scorecard.
NEET Cutoff 2018
Candidates need to attain marks equal or more than the cut-off marks to be eligible for admission in medical colleges.The ‘cut off’ marks will depend on the marks attained by the candidates, the number of seats and difficulty level of the question paper. Every year, the cutoff criteria vary. Candidates have to clear the cutoff in order to become eligible to appear in the exam.
NEET Exam Counselling 2018
Shortlisted candidates can participate in the counselling process based on their rank in the entrance exam. The counselling process for the 15% All India Quota seats will be managed by MCC of Directorate General of Health Service (DGHS) via online mode. The counselling process for other than 15% All India quota seats will be organized by the respective authorities. Candidates will be asked to pay the counselling fee and provide their preference for colleges. They will be allotted seats according to their rank and filled choice.
- Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) will commence the NEET counselling process.
- The counselling process will be conducted online.
- Candidates will be eligible for 85% quota in admission into the colleges of their home state.
- There will be 15% quota for admission in other states.
Important Instructions for Appearing in NEET 2018
- The exam centre will open 2 hours and 30 minutes before the beginning of the test;
- Candidates have to show their admit card once it will be asked to show by the concerned person.
- During the exam time, the invigilator will verify your admit card;
- Candidates, who enters after 9.30, are restricted from appearing in the exam;
- The exam will start exactly on the time mentioned on your admit card.
- You will find your answer sheet enclosed inside the sealed test booklet. You can open the seal once the invigilator will tell you to do the same.
- Side 1 of the test booklet contains the following columns- Name of candidate, roll number, father’s name, centre number, name of the examination centre and signature of the candidate.
- Side 2 of the test booklet contains the following columns- roll number, centre number, test booklet number, test booklet code and question 001 to 180;
How to mark the response on answer sheet?
- Candidates need to use the blue/black ball point pen for answering questions. They will be provided pens at the exam centre;
- Mark should be made clearly on the answer sheet;
- Answer, once marked, won’t be changed under any circumstances;
- You need to Darken only one circle for each entry;
You need to do the rough work on test booklet itself. You are not permitted to do any rough work on answer sheet;
Dress Code for NEET Exam
Candidates are restricted to follow the following dress code for appearing in NEET exam:
- Light clothes with half sleeves- There should not be any brooch/badge, big buttons, flower etc. with Salwar/ Trouser.
- Shoes are not allowed. Candidates are required to wear Slippers, sandals with low heels;
List of Barred Codes
- Any stationery item for example textual material (printed or written), Geometry/Pencil Box, bits of papers, Plastic Pouch, Pen, Calculator, Scale, Writing Pad, Eraser, Pen Drives, Calculator, Log Table, Electronic Pen/Scanner etc.
- Any communication device like Bluetooth, Mobile Phone, Earphones, Pager, Microphone, Health Band etc.
- Other items for example Goggles, Wallet, Handbags, Belt, Cap etc.
- All ornaments for example Ring, Nose-pin, Earrings, Chain/Necklace, Badge, Pendants, Brooch etc.
- Any metallic item;
- Any Bracelet, Watch/Wrist Watch, Camera, etc;
- Any eatable item either in opened or packed condition, water bottle etc;
- Any other item that can be used for hiding communication devices such as camera, Bluetooth device etc.
NEET exam is conducted to offer admission into MBBS and BDS programme in a number of medical colleges located across the country. The exam is conducted at national level. NEET replaced most of the state level medical entrance exams used to be held earlier for MBBS & BDS admissions.
NEET 2018 Information Brouchure
[pdf-embedder url=”https://www.99entranceexam.in/medicine/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/NEET-2018-Brochure-English.pdf” title=”NEET 2018 Brochure English”]