JIPMER PG (Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research) conducts annually JIPMER PG exam for the admissions to Master of Surgery (MS) and Doctor of Medicine (MD). JIPMER is known as one of the Top 5 medical colleges in India. The institute was established by the French Government in the Year 1823. Later, French government hand-over the organization to Govt. of India and renamed it to Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER).
JIPMER PG 2017 result and merit list has been announced.
Annually, JIPMER PG 2017 is conducting to fill-out 106 seats: out of which 96 are sponsored and 10 are for sponsored/foreign candidates. Get here as JPMER PG 2017 details such as admission eligibility, results, admit card, important dates and exam pattern.
Eligibility Criteria for JIPMER PG 2017
Those who wish to attend the exam must know whether they are eligible to attend the exam or not. Here’s an overview regarding it.
Who can apply?
Only the candidates who completed the MBBS degree from a recognized institute and acquired registration from the Medical Council of India after completing their compulsory rotary internship are eligible for applying this programme.
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) also eligible for applying the examination, but they have to submit enough documents at the time of counseling.
Admission Eligibility for January Session: The applicant must have successfully completed MBBS and obtained registration from the Medical Council of India after completing their compulsory rotary internship on or before December 31, 2016. Read More…
Admission Eligibility for July Session: Those who were successfully completed MBBS course and completed 12 months compulsory Internship on or before July 30, 2017 are eligible for applying JIPMER PG 2017 July secession.
- Type of Exam: Computer Based exam
- Duration: The total duration of the exam will be 3 Hours and within that time, the candidates have to attend a minimum of 250 questions. The questions are based on MBBS syllabus. Basically, the questions are coming from subjects like pre- clinical, Para-clinical and Clinical Phase.
Click here to check Detailed info about Exam Pattern
Candidates can apply via online only. Step By Step explanation regarding it is shown below.
- Step 1: At first, register for the payment using your email address/Mobile Number (Link: http://jipmer.edu.in/education/examinations/)
- Step 2: Then pay the application fee via Debit card/Credit card
- Step 3: After completing the payment process, the candidate will receive a ‘User ID’ and ‘Password’ on the registered Mobile Number/Email address.
- Step 4: With that user ID and Password the candidate can get an access to the JIPMER application form. Fill all the details in the suggested areas. The Information needed space in the application form shouldn’t leave blank.
- Step 5: Click on ‘submit’ once after adding all the details. Take a print out of the same for future reference.
JIPMER Application Fees: How to pay?
Candidates can pay JIPMER application fee via Net Banking/Credit Card/ Debit Card. The application fee of JIPMER is shown below.
- Application Fee for UR/OBC/Sponsored/Foreign : Rs.1200/-
- Application Fee for candidates in SC/ST: Rs.800/-
JIPMER PG conducting twice in a year- One will conduct in January and other one will conduct in July.
Important Dates –July Secession (Announced)
|JIPMER PG 2017 January Session Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Online Registration of JIPMER PG 2017 starts from||13th March 2017|
|Online Registration Closes on||19th April 2017|
|Download of Admit Cards from||3rd May to 21st May 2017|
|Date of Entrance Examination||21st May 2017 (10.00 AM to 1.00 PM)|
|Expected Date of Publication of Merit List||31st May 2017|
|First Counselling||14th June 2017|
|Second Counselling||12th July 2017|
|Third Counselling and OPen Counselling||27th July 2017|
|Admission formalities can be completed||22nd June 2017|
|Date of issuing admission letter and hotel accommodation letter||1st July 2017|
|Course will be commenced from||3rd July 2017|
Those who were successfully applied for JIPMER PG are eligible to get the admit card. Those who were applied for the July secessions will get admit card in the month of July and those who were applied for the January secession will get the admit card in the Month of November. Candidates can download the Admit Card (also known as Hall Ticket) from its official website after entering their application number in the suggested tabs.
The institute publishes Merit List On the basis of percentile. In order to become eligible in then examination, the applicant must have obtained 50% or above in the entrance examination. Meanwhile, only 40% is enough for the candidates belonging to the ‘Other Backward Class’ category. Likewise, the candidates belonging to Orthopedic Physically Challenged (OPH) must obtained 45% in the qualifying examination.
The institute will publish only the results of qualifying candidates. The results of JIPMER 2017 July secession will publish on June 2017 and the results of January 2017 secession will publish on last November (2016). Based on the results, the institute will call the qualifying candidates (according to the category rank (UR / INST / OBC / SC / ST / OPH)) for a counseling secession. The institute will offer seats to those candidates who performed better in the entrance examination.
Counselling Information- Click Here