The candidates aspiring to appear in the JIPMER MBBS exam must ensure their eligibility before filling the application form. JIPMER MBBS will be a national level exam that will offer the admission to JIPMER Puducherry and Karaikal campuses.
It is expected that the application form this exam will be released in the month of March 2019 tentatively. It is compulsory that the applicant must be at least 17 years old in order to fill the JIPMER MBBS application form. In this article, we will discuss complete details about JIPMER MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2019 including Age limit, educational qualification etc.
Latest: The application form for JIPMER MBBS exam will be accessible online from 6th March 2019. You can apply here for the exam.
JIPMER MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2019
- The candidate must be an Indian National or an overseas citizen of India.
- The candidate must be at 17 years old at the time of admission.
- The students who will complete the age of 17 on or before the 31st December 2019 can also apply i.e. candidates born on or before the 1st January 2003 can apply.
- There will be no upper age limit.
Note: There will be no relaxation for any candidate in lower age limit irrespective of his/her category.
The applicants should fulfill the below mentioned educational criteria in order to be considered eligible for JIPMER MBBS admission.
- The applicant must have passed class 12th or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology as main subjects along with English as an elective subject from a recognized board.
- It is mandatory for every candidate to have passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English subject individually and must have scored at least 60% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology subjects (PCB).
- For the candidates from SC, ST, OBC, OPH categories, the minimum aggregate marks required in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology subjects will be 50% only.
JIPMER MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2019 – Important Points
- The candidate, who will appear in the qualifying exam in the year 2019, will be allowed to apply for the JIPMER MBBS exam only if the candidate fulfills all other JIPMER MBBS eligibility criteria 2019.
- The OPH candidates belonging to the general category will be required to score only 50% aggregate marks in physics, chemistry, Bio-technology subjects.
- The OCI/NRI candidate who will pass the qualifying exam from a board which is not recognized by the JIPMER then he/she will be required to submit an eligibility certificate from the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi.
- Admit card will be issued for those candidates only who will fulfill the JIPMER MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2019. However, mere issuance of admit card does not means the acceptance of eligibility in case of candidates whose results are waiting.
JIPMER MBBS 2019 Application Form
The JIPMER MBBS application form will be released online through the official website of JIPMER Puducherry. A direct link to the application form will also be posted on this page when available. The candidates have to provide all the necessary personal, educational and contact details in the application form.
After filling the details in the application form, the candidates have to pay the application fee as given in the table below:
|General and OBC candidates||Rs. 1500 + Transaction fee|
|SC and ST Candidates||Rs. 1200 + Transaction fee|
|NRI/OCI||Rs. 300 + Transaction fee|
|OPH & P-OPH candidates||Exempted from Application fee|
Note: Candidates are advised to read the JIPMER MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2019 before applying as the application fee once submitted will not be refunded.