AMU MBBS BDS 2017: Aligarh Muslim University is the concerned authority that conducts AMU MBBS BDS 2017 for admission to 180 MBBS and BDS seats. It is a two-stage examination having preliminary and mains. In the year 2017, the exam is going to be held tentatively in the month of April and online application process will start from January month. Admission will be completely based candidates’ merit in the test, follow this article for further details and updates.
Eligibility Criteria Required to Appear in the Exam
Candidates those are having dream of getting admission to AMU in MBBS or BDS course they must need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
Minimum Educational Qualification
- Candidates should have completed Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination conducted by this university or its equivalent with subjects as English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Candidates should have scored 50% marks in aggregate.
Candidates’ age should be at least 17 years as on December 31, 2017.
How to Apply AMU MBBS 2017?
AMU medical exam 2016 application form will be available in the month of January, 2017 at its official website. Before start applying, candidates are advised to read eligibility criteria and important instructions necessary to fill up the form. The application form should be filled by candidates without committing any sort of errors as it may lead to cancellation of the application. After filling up the application form genuinely candidates need to remit the fee through designated bank challan or online payment gateway.
|Major Events||Respective Dates|
|Online Application Forms available from||January, 2017|
|Online application submission last date||February, 2017|
|Deadline for submission of application personally or via speed post||February, 2017|
|Admit Card availability||April, 2017|
|Examination Date||Stage 1 (April, 2017) & Stage 2 (June, 2017)|
|Result Declaration||June, 2017|
|Beginning of Counseling Procedure||July, 2017|
A brief detail regarding the exam pattern AMU medical 2016 is as follows, please have a look:
- There will be two stages of the exam i.e. Tier 1 (preliminary) and Tier 2(Mains).
- Selection of candidates will depend upon their overall performance in Tier 1 and Tier 2 exam.
- In order to get selected for admission, candidates must need to secure at least 50% marks in Tier 2 exam.
- Exam duration will be for 180 minutes and there will be 200 multiple/objective questions.
- There are four major parts of the question paper i.e. Biology (100 questions), Physics (50 questions) and Chemistry (50 questions).
- AMU Tier 1 exam will be organized at AMU campus and other designated test centers whereas, Tier 2 will be held at AMU campus only.
- 30% of the total candidates appeared in preliminary will be called for Tier 2 exam.
The conducting authority will issue AMU MBBS BDS 2016 admit card only for those candidates whose applications are accepted by them. Candidates can download their respective admit card in the month of April, 2017.
Candidates can obtain the answer key from the official website of AMU. They can calculate their expected marks with the help of answer key.
Check your AMU MBBS BDS 2016 result at its official portal in the month of June, 2017. For exact dates, stay connected with 99entranceexam.in.
An offline counseling process will be organized by the conducting authority and this is the final procedure before admission. All successful candidates must attend the counseling process without any fail.
Office of the Controller of Examinations,
Aligarh Muslim University (AMU),
Aligarh – 202002