Cut Off is defined in terms of “the minimum marks to be achieved to qualify an exam”. The Cut Off list of an entrance exam is prepared based on various characteristics such as previous year cut off, complexity level of the exam, number of applicants, seats availability, performance of candidates etc. AIIMS MBBS cut off 2018 will be also prepared based on mentioned factors.
Expected month of releasing AIIMS MBBS cut off for the year 2018 is June 2018. According to the AIIMS MBBS previous years notification released by the authority the minimum cut off necessary in the test for determining eligibility for admission is as follows:
- For general category: 50%.
- For OBC (Non-Creamy Layer): 45%.
- For SC/ST: 40%
- For OPH: Cut off of the related category
We are just providing here the expected cut-off for the year 2018; candidates may find changes. We will keep updating the latest information on this page.
Following methods will be adopted by AIIMS while providing marks to applicants:
- 1 mark will be given to applicants for every correct response.
- -1/3 mark will be deducted for every incorrect response.
- No mark will be either added or deducted for the questions which are not answered.
- The score obtained by candidates in the exam will be used for determining percentage score and percentile and Normalization.
In the year 2018, the exam is possible to be conducted in two shifts and therefore, Normalization procedure would be decided by the expert team of professionals as per the previous year AIIMS MBBS exam analysis. This year normalization procedure will be based on percentiles.
Percentile scores are scores which are decided based on relative performance of all appeared candidates in the exam.
Procedure of Resolving Ties
This year, Merit/ranking will be decided according to Percentile scores of the Total Raw Scores and in case of tie occurs then following methods will be adopted for resolving the same:
- Candidates having higher biology percentile will be given higher ranking.
- If above rule fails, then Chemistry percentile will be considered.
- If above two rules fail, then Physics percentile will be considered.
- If tie still exists, then candidates elder by age will be provided higher rank.
*Institute-wise cutoff will be updated here in this article after release of its respective notification.